the little girl was damn cute..
Nicholas cage is awesome as ever :)
Must watch
My Rating :8/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Iron Man 2 6.5/10
(A misadventure)

Well, a lot you wise men here told not to, but I had to, I had stopped myself one week but could not anymore. Its Iron Man and I had to.

This movie is nothing.

Story= boring.
Action = where?
Tension= where?

A really lengthy one.

Liked the work of "Mickey Rourke" very much. He was the only right choice in this sequel for the villain. But even he is given so little screen-time, very less scope actually terrorizing you(Iron Man)

Robert Downey Jr., as someone already told here "he's average". Yes he's. Seriously I could not find life in his acting. Became a fan of him after "Sherlock Holmes" but he disappointed me here.

Scarlett Johansson, what was she doing there? Just being nice and beautiful? I can find only one reason for her and that is in the third sequel (I guess there will be one right?) she has some bigger roles to play...

Iron Man, well he's the one who disappointed me most. why so less fight sequences? and even the last fight scene is WTF? It goes very well until Whiplash comes, and when he comes it just ends!!! I was like "WTF??? Itna hi"....he comes, 2 mins and fight ends....even "Shaktiman" had much tougher enemies than him...

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Scarlett Johansson, what was she doing there? Just being nice and beautiful? I can find only one reason for her and that is in the third sequel (I guess there will be one right?) she has some bigger roles to play...

Just as I thought, check this out she's in "Avengers" as Black Widow.

and finally Mandarin is coming....

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 films have had villains that never featured any real substance not like the Joker or depth like Doc Ock in Spider-man 2 had. Thats not just a screenwriter problem but essentially the problem you get with Iron Man's mythos, the real villain has always been Tony Stark's "demon in a bottle". However, there has always been one villain in the Iron Man universe that has had the title of being Iron Man's main nemesis, the supernatural villain – Mandarin.

SOURCE

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Percy Jackson and......Thief: Pardon short name, but I just hate long movie names. Kiddy version of Greek mythology and it's not recommended, especially to adults who are Greek Myth fans. The plot: Zeus's lightning bolt has been stolen and if it's not returned then all hell will break loose, courtesy: Zeus. So all eyebrows are raised towards Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon. Enter Percy, a Zac Efron look alike, who is a demi-god and is the son of Poseidon (oh wait, I already mentioned that). It's a journey of how he goes through a finding out that he is a demi-god and trying to rescue his mother from the clutches of Hades. All of this and trying to find who stole the lightning bolt of Zeus.

Forget the characters as they are rubbish and amateur, forget the storyline as it's hardly enticing, forget the dialogues as they are annoying. In short, forget about watching this movie. It had a good potential in the visual effects department. The Minotaur, Hydra and Hellhounds were pretty well crafted. But why in the f*ck would one cast Uma Thurman as Medusa?

Anyway moving on....we have yet another flop show movie.

Funny Games (US) - Absolutely pathetic. Naomi Watts was wasted in this movie. It was slow at times, that I almost had to forward the dam thing @8X speed to get to see some movement.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Funny Games (US) - Absolutely pathetic. Naomi Watts was wasted in this movie. It was slow at times, that I almost had to forward the dam thing @8X speed to get to see some movement.

Told u to get the old one but u never listened. But, what was pathetic again movie or watts?

Even if u've watched the US version, that too is good enough. If u are talking about the movie then I'm hurt, its indeed a good movie.

The Bride Wore Black 7.5/10

I really did put my 100% to watch it. Its a great revenge movie of back in 1968. But the language is in French and the subs were out of sync. I watched it with a subtitle editor.
The editor was open in front of me, whenever a line was out of sync I pause movie select the nearest possible line that has a name which is just uttered in movie and sync it.
But the hard work was rewarded good. Enjoyed and I think Tarantino did follow it very much while making Kill Bill.

Would have rated 8 but .5 minus because of investing 2hrs for a 1.5 hrs movie :???:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Told u to get the old one but u never listened. But, what was pathetic again movie or watts?

Even if u've watched the US version, that too is good enough. If u are talking about the movie then I'm hurt, its indeed a good movie.
I'm talking about the whole US make over of the movie. I have both the versions. I decided to watch this as it was the better quality of the 2. I didn't find the US version good in anyway. I expected it to be shocking, but there was nothing shocking in anyway. I think Eden Lake was more shocking and you actually felt true hatred against those hoodlums. But out here I don't even see anyone being hurt properly. Does the original version also have all the brutality happening off camera?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
But out here I don't even see anyone being hurt properly. Does the original version also have all the brutality happening off camera?

I get it, u went with a total wrong conception about this movie, it was never a huting, pain related torture movie. Its total mind related, helplessness, things that happen here are only for fun and the hoodlums really had no purpose of all these. Whereas Eden Lake had a theme "Revenge" for both the parties.

I would ask you to watch the full movie, please. Watching a movie by skipping is an insult to it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Enjoyed Okuribito. Wonderful film. Must watch for all. Not if you have a squeamish stomach though.

Yes. Departures is an amazing movie. No wonder it got Oscar. I became fan of Japanese movies too after watching it. Then I also watched Ikigami, which was equally good.

quan chi

mortal kombat

well yep agree with your complaints infact it was slow unnecessarily at many times.
but michael pitt was quite good.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I get it, u went with a total wrong conception about this movie, it was never a huting, pain related torture movie. Its total mind related, helplessness, things that happen here are only for fun and the hoodlums really had no purpose of all these. Whereas Eden Lake had a theme "Revenge" for both the parties.
All those points you mentioned are exactly what Eden Lake has, the difference being, it's portrayed harshly. Those guys have no real purpose to fool around with the couple, yet they start messing with them and then it gets real ugly. In Funny Games, I just don't get that feeling at all. Real pain needs to be seen when inflicted upon. If you don't see how the person just hit by a golf club or get cut by a knife, how will it create an impact. It may be something which you can associate with, but I need a visual set piece. I understand mind games, but this didn't bother me in the least bit. Eden Lake didn't have a revenge theme either. It was just a bunch of cocky ass kids trying to show their toughness. It turns bad when the couple resist. I don't see any revenge motive out here.

In fact, in Funny games, you get the glimpse of a scene where Watts just shoots Peter and the director rewinds it, making it looks like a dream sequence. That showed a revengeful act performed by Watts.

I would ask you to watch the full movie, please. Watching a movie by skipping is an insult to it.
I rarely do that, but movies which really test my patience, get that kind of treatment. I didn't skip the entire movie, just some rather slow parts.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
rhitwick.....I must say you are improving with each movie :grin: .... I agree......@Allwy you should have gone with the original version, I also agree that the movie is slow but it very successfully plays with your mind, the tension is built slowly and it remains there......its not the kind of typical "shock" movie (though I watch and enjoy those as well) but a movie that successfully plays with the mind is one I enjoy most.
He's talking about the American remake and not the original version (or so I assume). I didn't really find it playing with my mind. The pacing was really slow and I mean, REALLY SLOW! May be it's just me, but I didn't like the US version in the least bit.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
rhitwick.....I must say you are improving with each movie :grin:
OH plz....I'm already there. Its just that in some particular fields our choices differ. It happens we like a movie but at a different level. And, I had seen Funny Games some years back but still remember it clearly. Just loved the tension.

And no more discussion on Eden lake, Funny games. I had a bad dream last night. "Batman Arkham Asylum" game plus constant re-collection of these two movies did some good effects to my mind.

One movie like this I can think off is Hard Candy which is fu*kn amazing movie, it captures your mind and playes with it through out. Highly recomended for this genre lovers......

I don't know if he had watched it, if not he may be disappointed again....

do u guys download movies...riaa will catch u...buy movies guys
LOL, Ya, anything else???

anyway suggest some movies like bourne series...
And, r u going to buy them?

Guys there is movie as same as Bourne series but here the main lead was a girl....anyone remember it?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Tin Drum ?/10

Whoa!!!! Its a damn complex movie....
Not my cup of tea.....others can check out.

And, if u want here's the wiki page. Oh yeah, u'll need it, going halfway in to the movie.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tin_Drum_(film)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Watched KICK ASS and liked it because i wasnt expecting it to be good , but how wrong i was .
8/10 from me .
Soundtrack was also pumping , can any1 who watched the movie tell me the name of the song when kick ass is washing his face and hit girl is packing the weapons .
1 more thing was that in comic kick ass doesnt get his his girlfriend when she finds that he is not gay , but in the movie he gets her which is even better .

Top Bottom