Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Krow

Crowman
Saw some movies in my little long absence from the forum:

Star Wars Episode I-VI: Hmmmmmmm......

I did not understand what the hype was all about. First observation: Episodes 1,2 & 3 were far inferior to the rest. Second: The first three are supposed to be watched after 4,5 & 6, even though they happen before 4,5 & 6. This is because a lot of spoilers are present in the first three.

I think that making the first three episodes was a retarded idea, the movies had bad visual appeal (looked like a friggin' Command and Conquer game of the old), however, Padme Amidala is much too cute as compared to Princess Leia. :D The first three episodes lacked in substance what the latter three had. Lame plot, Lame aliens, especially Jar Jar Bing (Stupidest alien in a sci-fi movie award).

Episodes 4,5 & 6 are pretty good, much above what I was expecting them to be as they look much more realistic than 1,2 & 3, have a deeper plot and have a few nice surprises in the plot (which the first three episodes spoil). However, the lightsabre still gets the worst weapon in a sci-fi movie award from me.

Overall, I'd say avoid Episode 1,2 & 3, unless you are a fan of the series and go for Episodes 4, 5 & 6.

Stalker: 10/10. Sci-fi art cinema at its best. Must watch, although this three hour film is very slow, but that is Tarkovsky's style. Only 142 shots in a 180 minute movie. :)

Mary and Max: I disagree with Sam9s on this movie. So what if an animated movie is serious/depressing? It is a very simple story told in a very heartfelt manner. It represents a world where people feel much more for each other than we do today. 9/10 from me. Must watch.

City of Ember: Good film for sci-fi lovers, but I have a strong suspicion that the book must be 10 times better. 6.5/10.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lolwut? 10/10 for Stalker :p
Visually stunning and engaging script. Did u watch that glass moving at the end...telekinesis...wink...wink.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Un prophète 7.5/10

Those who love crime drama and serious acting would surely love it. I generally skip drama movies but this one was good, seemed slow a few times rest engaging.

Try it...

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Was reading IMDB board about this movie...seems the movie is not as easy as it seemed to me...hmmmm

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

"Christopher Nolan's Batman 3 gets a release date"

Read full article here

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Astro Boy 7/10

When I first saw the cartoon series in Animax I liked it.

Got hold of the movie recently and found very little matching with the original...still enjoyable but turns out a repetitive screenplay.
Why not use the original? It would sure brought life to the movie...

Krow

Crowman
Shaolin Soccer: 7/10. One time fun watch.

Kung Fu Hustle: 6/10. One time watch.

The Day After Tomorrow: 7.3/10. Another one time watch.

GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra: 5.5/10. Thin plot, nice action/gadgets/weaponry.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Krow, take my bow man...u not only survived "Pi" but understood it too (on next meeting make me understand it, plz)... then plz watch these "The Oxford Murderers" and "Bee Season" :-D

My surround sound set-up. Everyday I don't use it as in my rented room people are always coming and going. But when I become too desperate for a movie I just shut the door from inside and tell them to not to disturb me for 2 hrs :-D

*www.imgx.org/files/61404_emuo8/DSC01401.jpg

Proper set-up is very necessary for some movies, here on screen its "Batman Begins"...
I'm going to seat on that plastic chair and the book is "Java 2" :p :-D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Rebound - Let's move ahead please. Not sure why I even picked this movie to watch.

American Beauty
- Kevin Spacey's performance is the simply the best. The movie was good, but could have been better with some unnecessary scenes being chopped off.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
somebody can suggest me a refreshing movie like Eurotrip ? I had already seen Roadtrip, boattrip, beerfest , american pie series etc etc

R2K

In the Zone
anyone seen the movie disturbia?.........how is it?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

somebody can suggest me a refreshing movie like Eurotrip ? I had already seen Roadtrip, boattrip, beerfest , american pie series etc etc

what abt the hangover, superbad:smile:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
anyone seen the movie disturbia?.........how is it?
Good but not gr8. You might have already seen such movies with different casting.

Starts good but drags after 1 hr. I was so bored that I did not even watch last half an hour, and I still don't think I've missed something.
very true..rhitwick...

@R2K..have already seen superbad and hangover

@celldweller1591..already seen sexdrive .......will look at beerpong,Hooking up and let u know :))..

thnx all..

PS: Today's show is "No Country for Old men" :smile:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Found a good site while googling....traileraddict.com nice site to preview movie before seeing :)

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I never understood the love for Knocked Up and Superbad....I was bored to tears while watching them!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I never understood the love for Knocked Up and Superbad....I was bored to tears while watching them!!
Add Beerfest to that list. This is the one and only movie that I stopped midway and deleted the file...it was borefest, disgustfest and WTFfest

Top Bottom