Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Yet to See
AN Education
Precious (Will Skip, I think....from the look of the trailers)
A Serious Man

oh , btw....What Happened to MOON? Totally snubbed????

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
^A.E & A.S.M both are excellent films.u think the moon got snubbed :D damn then i should kill myself for bright star not getting even a mention except the costume category.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
2012 6/10 (2 for story and 4 for destruction)

(And let me tell you this is the perfect movie for 3D nor Avatar)

Well, its kind of hindi movie with gr8 special effects.
Lots and lots of loopholes with sh1tty story.

b/w, has anyone here seen this movie Waterworld, if not good, but different.

Xmen360

Broken In
Guys I have seem to have forgotten the name of a Japanese or korean movie.The story of which goes something like this...

Some sort of inoculation program is carried out some years back and as the children grow up to be youngsters, at certain time the pill or whatever activates and then they die.SO that the population remains in check as well as values of people.No one takes their lives for granted.Coz no one knows who is gonna die.
Then there is this fellow who works for an agency whose job is to deliver the message 24 hours earlier to the "to be dead soon" victim so that he can spend his time with family for a last time.

Can some one please tell me the name of this movie.?
Thanks in advance.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
Goodbye Solo 4.25/5 (4.5/5 biased)

To review this w/o spoilers would be very difficult for me.so as always i would just recommend this to every "real" film buff here.wonderful story and powerful performances to back it up.

i've read a lot of criticism about the credibility of The Hurt Locker, so i currently place this above it in my best english language film of 09

hot zubs

live life king like...
Guys I have seem to have forgotten the name of a Japanese or korean movie.The story of which goes something like this...

Some sort of inoculation program is carried out some years back and as the children grow up to be youngsters, at certain time the pill or whatever activates and then they die.SO that the population remains in check as well as values of people.No one takes their lives for granted.Coz no one knows who is gonna die.
Then there is this fellow who works for an agency whose job is to deliver the message 24 hours earlier to the "to be dead soon" victim so that he can spend his time with family for a last time.

Thanks in advance.

wow the story sounds really great *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/happy15.gif
i haven't watched it for sure *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/ohyeah.gif

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Thanks in advance.
Name please. :))

Xmen360

Broken In
^guys.... its not a action movie more of a drama ...:)

Somebody please help me with the name of the movie.

I ll add some more storylines ...

There are some 3-4 stories which run parallely. One more young fellow is about to die whose mother is the mayor of the town and she also subscribes to the idea of population control by such measures.Now that its her own sons turn what happens next is the movie..

There are also 2 friends who play music songs outside on the street and one day a music director/producer recognizes them but only is interested in one of them.They then break up their friendship and part ways.After some years the fellow who didnt get the job now works as a small time musician for bigger producers.Oneday the producer for whom he works recognizes his talent and puts him on TV for a live solo perfomance.But tragedy strikes .... 24 hours earlier he receives the agency letter that he will die in one day.What happens next... is the movie.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Xmen360, dude I found these movies, not exactly similar but one matches 80% of what ur talking and rest are also interesting.

Logan's Run (matches most)

Le travail du furet

Space Available (2004)

Nineteen Eighty-Four

Alphaville, une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution

utsav

damn busy...

Thanks in advance.

its Ikigami :-D

Xmen360

Broken In
^^^ Utsav ........... waaahhh... you got it right. Have you seen the movie ? How did you go about finding its name without watching the movie.?

Also thanks rhitwick for taking your time and helping out.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well let me put some past movie reviews,

Bolo na tumi amar (Bengali): Dev and Koel (Its because of her I went to d movie :p ) 4.5/10

First half is good, good comedy, old jokes but Dev delivered them very well and credit sure goes to script writer. Its because him even old jokes sounded good.

Dev and Koel did way overacting. But if u can adjust u may just adapt to it for the time being.
Story: Not much, mix of many. First half is of bunch of comic scenes, second half drags a bit but still enjoyable till the sentimental part comes in.
Its 2 hr 45mins long. If u happen to watch it in cinema hall, just come out b4 20 mins of end credits, u may then like this movie.

Paa 6/10
Didn't watch it complete, but till I watched its a so-so story. I just couldn't digest a 12yrs old kid talking like a 25yr old frustrated s/w engineer. Is itr how kids talk now-a-days?
Amitabh is what u should look for in this movie. This man is made of something else...!!!!

Phobia2 7.5/10

Ya its better than part1.

Let me organize the stories in order I liked most,
The fourth segment, "Salvage" (about cars). Its the best. Has good scares.

Final "In the middle"; this is next best. Less horror but good combination of comedy. Those who have seen part1 would remember those 4 boys. I really liked their story in part1.

First "Novice". Good but not great.

Segment number two, labeled "Ward". Had some good moments but just didn't explain much.

And I hate zombies.

Office Space 6.5/10
While watching I remembered I've watched it already.
Again, let me review it.
Those who are working may face such bosses, colleagues and xerox machines in their office.
First half is good but last section drags and the pace slows down a bit.
All in all a good watch.

Top Bottom