Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Marley and Me 7.8/10

I just loved this movie and loved that dog...

Thought of giving 8, but eulogy of a dog and necklace as an offering is too much of emotion.

Rest check it out.

Those who ever have/had a dog would just love it and those who don't will know what they are missing...

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
watched anti-christ 3.25/5

direction and story in the first half is excellent but the plot and the director's message becomes unacceptably childish in the 2nd half.acting by the female lead is superlative
i know there is a majority of kid population here,but if u r under 18 plzz dont watch this however mature u think u may be.just respect the fact that this movie isnt meant for teenagers.

also watched 3 kings 3.75/5
a very good movie with superb acting.story quite doesnt turn out to be bold enough nor dramatic.a recommended watch for all war movie fans

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Love Aaj Kal - Neat movie, didn't make bored. If you have a girlfriend or a gonna be gf, for sure watch this movie with her . She will love it and can end up your lucky day :-D .

Rahim

Married!
Alien. I expected some chills and thrills but ended up being served the same alien-protagonist-survival plot. Decent flick.

Krow

Crowman
Alien. I expected some chills and thrills but ended up being served the same alien-protagonist-survival plot. Decent flick.
The plot was served pretty early by this flick. Its a 1979 movie. Most others came later and picked it up from this one. The movie is well made for sure.

^^Ridley Scott one??
Haven't seen it yet!
Yes that one AFAIK. Watch it, its worth it.

INS-ANI

In the zone
Watched a few movies last week...
RED DRAGON (2002)- 6.5/10
Nice thriller
The Great Debator-8.5/10
One for my evergreen collection

Seven years in Tibet-9/10
A historic film abt little known place called tibet.. must watch if interested in history.

The pianist 9/10
war and its suffering at its best..

Der untergang(downfall)-9/10
German flik... must watch

Bruno- 6/10
After half n hour i was thinking... why am i watching this... pukng tried to make borat part 2.

Assasination of a high school president- 7/10

Nice drama. basically a high school based investigative journalism.
9-- 7/10
Nice animation... bt frnakly Wall-e really raised d bar.

The tournament- 7/10
Poor direction, and quite a poor script.

In bruges- 6/10
Biggest drawback- slow pace. Two assasin dnt even kill a single person for half d movie. :(

Yet to see--

Adoration
Se7ev
The objective( seems nice... finally hollywodd has graduated frim iraq to afganistan)

Krow

Crowman
Seven years in tibet was shot in Andes, south america and led to both the director Jean-Jacques Annaud and Brad Pitt being banned from entering mainland China.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Bruno- 6/10
After half n hour i was thinking... why am i watching this... pukng tried to make borat part 2.
Yes. It was a pretty dumb attempt to make Borat part2. Was a disgusting movie.

In bruges- 6/10
Biggest drawback- slow pace. Two assasin dnt even kill a single person for half d movie.

Well in my opinion, the slow pace help build up the story. And the movie had a great mix of black humor. Collin Farell, Ralph Fiennes, Brendan Gleeson were at their best. Loved the one liners too.

Thanks Sam for recommeding The Hurt Locker. Enjoyed it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Once upon a time in high school 6.8/10

Oh, I expected it to be a action movie but it turned out to be a love story with action in it.

Could be a good bollywood material.

Asian movie enthusiasts can check this out.
Don't expect anything special.

Perfect example is Ghajini where u get a nice love story (if overacting is ignored) when u expected action.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Thaw - Horror movie. Interesting take on global warming. Has few scary moments. Its a B-grade movie actually which could be worth a try!

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Blue-3/10....& this 3 is because of lara dutta in various bikinis... :p :D...This movie is god awful with some of the chiesiest lines ever...& one of the worst songs ever recorded by AR rehman

INS-ANI

In the zone
Heard it,read it,peeked it... and finally have seen it..(Thats so disgusting of me..being an indian). Ben kingsley in gandhi.
Its not my problem the movie's older than me... :(
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Blue-3/10....& this 3 is because of lara dutta in various bikinis... :p ...This movie is god awful with some of the chiesiest lines ever...& one of the worst songs ever recorded by AR rehman
Thanks for warning.. now blue is off my queue..bot online and offline.
beside u can't blame A R Rehman, he is after all human who is sometime stuck with directors with $$$$ and no brains.

I'll give it 8.5/10 easily!What a climax !
You seek what u don;t have in life. And i seek pace in movie.. being in college.. my life is already slow.:(
Beside..ending was sure good. May be they shld have taken out a few targets. :)

Last edited:

abyss88

Broken In
i watched twelve monkeys yesterday..an amazing movie (there was a time in the movie where i thought that bruce willis is mentally ill and the whole thing is going on in his mind )

Top Bottom