Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^If you ask me, even I'm confused. The first movie was purely horror/thriller genre based. I thought this sequel would be pretty much the same thing. But I was proven wrong. The script was completely hilarious, atleast most of it. It's not a traditional werewolf movie, but has bits & pieces of everything. The CGI is completely retarded, but the presentation is decent enough. It's extremely cheesy, but you'll enjoy it. ;-)

Back on topic:
Clockstoppers - 6/10. Kiddy movie.
Metro - 8/10. Eddie Murphy never fails, I repeat, never fails. :smile:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^If you ask me, even I'm confused. The first movie was purely horror/thriller genre based. I thought this sequel would be pretty much the same thing. But I was proven wrong. The script was completely hilarious, atleast most of it. It's not a traditional werewolf movie, but has bits & pieces of everything. The CGI is completely retarded, but the presentation is decent enough. It's extremely cheesy, but you'll enjoy it. ;-)

Back on topic:
Clockstoppers - 6/10. Kiddy movie.
Metro - 8/10. Eddie Murphy never fails, I repeat, never fails. :smile:
Do those movies have werewolves?

And, recommend some Eddy Murphy movies...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Of course they have werewolves. That's the whole point of the title, isn't it? ;-)

For classic Eddie Murphy movies, I would suggest:
Bowfinger (by far the funniest)
Beverly Hills Cops trilogy (must watch)
The Nutty Professor (I'm sure you have seen this one)
The Golden Child
Vampire in Brooklyn
Coming to America
48 Hours
Daddy Day Care (it's a complete kiddy movie but a superb performance by Murphy)

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Quarantine - Amazing Movie, do check it out if you like horror/specially zombie related movies.

Dead Snow(Død snø) - Although the movie language is Norwegian , but still it was one of the excellent zombie movies i came across. Its on the lines of Evil dead - comedy + horror.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Quarantine - Amazing Movie, do check it out if you like horror/specially zombie related movies.

Dead Snow(Død snø) - Although the movie language is Norwegian , but still it was one of the excellent zombie movies i came across. Its on the lines of Evil dead - comedy + horror.

[REC] is better than Quarantine, its the original version.

Outpost is similar to Dead Snow but without any humor, indeed a good movie with gritty feel.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Of course they have werewolves. That's the whole point of the title, isn't it? ;-)
For classic Eddie Murphy movies, I would suggest:
Bowfinger (by far the funniest)
Have seen, my favorite.
Beverly Hills Cops trilogy (must watch)
I don't know why, but I didn't quite like this series...
The Nutty Professor (I'm sure you have seen this one)
Yes
The Golden Child
Vampire in Brooklyn
Not seen
Coming to America
Seen
48 Hours
Daddy Day Care (it's a complete kiddy movie but a superb performance by Murphy)
Not seen...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Before I throw this movie into the "must not watch movies" thread, I need to know did anyone out here actually like Ils a.k.a Them? It's so god dam slow that I would love to take a walk in the park, come back & then watch it. I thought it would somewhat be like Eden Lake, which I enjoyed, but unfortunately it was very lousy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Luck By Chance 6.5/10

Lengthy.

The Vikram character in this movie could be shown more selfish, how about a more in-ur-face character. Ke "Ha, main aisa hi hoon, selfish,. Exploit karta hoon logo ko" (well d character is 85% like this). Why not more brutal??

It could have been called a "new" thing in movie history...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey did any one notice Star Trek 2009 bags IMDB top 250 #68 position with 40K+ votes.....man I knew there was a movie coming but never expected to be this hit, I immidiately downloaded the trailer and it does looks very promising action sci fi movie. The comments from "adnanz" on IMDB also provides a good insight. I think we are in for a good action sci fi treat. t was relesed on 8th May, see no promos for it to be in India....:-( man this would have been a visual treat on Big Screen
It's releasing on 12th of June in India. The amazing thing is the star cast. I literally had to scroll down 3 times to reach the end. It's freakin' huge.

Top Bottom