Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Saawariya (Hindi Movie) : I dunno why this movie became a FLOP. Its good and full of emotions though. Ranveer did very good acting. Maybe its the end people didn't liked.... The hero becomes alone and didn't get his love. Thats the way life goes.... Still in the end there is a scene when Hero 'Raj' is shown punching in air... symbolize that he is sad but still is fighting with his grief....

Indian people never likes Sad Love Stories it seems (Who likes reality anyway...)

faraaz

Evil Genius
Man...I hate love stories as it is...on top of that you want me to watch a DEPRESSING love story?? I have better things to do in life! ;)

Now, as for movie recommendations, I just saw this really awesome movie called Transformers (;)) last night. Again...this is just to remind you guys to go watch it again since the HD DVD print is out...or has been for a while but I only 'got' it last night...

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ I didnt like TRANSFORMERS ..wat a crappy type dabba story..aliens coming to save us .............. :x

Sanwariya is based on "White Nights" .......
"White Nights" is a Russian short story by Fyodor Dostoevsky, originally published in 1848, early in the writer's career. Film adaptations have been made by Italian director Luchino Visconti, by French director Robert Bresson (as Four Nights of a Dreamer) and by Indian director Sanjay Leela Bhansali (as the musical Saawariya).

I love Russian literature .... (my fav Oleysa and The Garin death Ray)

faraaz

Evil Genius
@esumitkumar: If you are not a fan of the Transformers franchise, you shouldnt even bother trying to pay attention to the story. As it is, such movies are usually OVAs instead of adhering to the original franchise storyline. So yeah...and what the hell you doin payin attention to story instead of droolin at the amazin action sequences in Transformers??

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@esumitkumar, transformer fan here... already watched it 5-6 times, i doubt u have seen whole movie... take out a good transformers print rewatch it, & ur opponion abt movie, u hate it coz aliens saved humans... shocks me. :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
vish786 said:
@esumitkumar, transformer fan here... already watched it 5-6 times, i doubt u have seen whole movie... take out a good transformers print rewatch it, & ur opponion abt movie, u hate it coz aliens saved humans... shocks me. :)

better watch in on big screen. 21' screen will not do justice to those special effects:D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
ab transformers dekhne ke liye 40-50k ka 21' hd tv lena padega?Juts j\k.

This movie has nothing but super cool special effects so its more like for kids.hehe.

Ok guys I recommend you guys watch deja vu if you haven't watched already.
'The Devil wears prada' is yet another cute comedy(the actress is beautiful...damn I forgot her name.I have problems remembering names:()

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The_Devil_Himself said:
ab transformers dekhne ke liye 40-50k ka 21' hd tv lena padega?Juts j\k.

This movie has nothing but super cool special effects so its more like for kids.hehe.

Ok guys I recommend you guys watch deja vu if you haven't watched already.
'The Devil wears prada' is yet another cute comedy(the actress is beautiful...damn I forgot her name.I have problems remembering names:()
anne hathaway

Btw whats the story abt ? I might watch this one.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
well the movie is based on a book by some well known author(I forgot the name).She wants to be a journalist...gets a job as the secretary to 'the devil'...tough job...meets some big peoples.....boyfriend problems..blah....blah...happy ending as usual.All I can say is its a nice cute emotional comedy.I liked it.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@ faraaz and @ vish786..yaaro sabhi ki apni apni choice hoti hai ...I like movies which have a good story base compared to that which have cool effects but no good story base ........My favourite movie is "THE PIANIST" ...I love WWII movies ...

i watched TRANSFORMERS on DVD Rip by Axxo :) .......... effects were cool but story wasnt gud..and I didnt say I hate Transformers vish 786 ......I said I didnt like it much .....

sivarap

In the zone
@esumit kumar...lemme guess ur other favorites...."Life is beautiful", "bridge on river kwai", "saving private ryan"(this i doubt)

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@sivarap..u r right doood ....... +++1 .......

my other favs : Nuovo cinemo paradiso,Enemy at the gates, Life is Beautiful,Saving Private Ryan, Battle Royale etc etc

vish786

"The Gentleman"
+1,
life is beautiful(loved how dad hides everything from his son & convincing hm they r playing some sort off hide & seek game... tat was innovative.), saving private ryan, enemy at the gates are good movies.

Dipen01

Youngling
faraaz said:
@esumitkumar: If you are not a fan of the Transformers franchise, you shouldnt even bother trying to pay attention to the story. As it is, such movies are usually OVAs instead of adhering to the original franchise storyline. So yeah...and what the hell you doin payin attention to story instead of droolin at the amazin action sequences in Transformers??

Even i am of opinion that Transformer was okie movie if not bad...

Well Transformers comics' fan must be drooling with special effects and all, But overall it was crap movie.

For me it was waste of time and Bandwidth

vish786 said:

Well for me i dont hate because of that theme...I didnt find anything different or new out of it... Cliched Storyline .. Besides these days every other hollywood movie has pretty good action sequences so that cannot be counted as only reason to watch Transformers..

You are a fan so you can watch Transformer for 'n' no. of times but who don't like it are not necessarily idiots ;) I have watched Schindler's List, Great Escape etc for like 10 times.. And i have seen people who claim that these movies are ****.. Its a personal choice afterall :)

T159 said:
better watch in on big screen. 21' screen will not do justice to those special effects:D

That i will surely try when i get access to large screen..Lots of movies are pending to be enjoyed on large screen..

Btw any review on Michael Clayton ??

Top Bottom