Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
praka123 said:
u havent seen cosi fan tutte(movie)?google it ;)

Does it have good story or just full of dot dot dot scenes....................................??

mayanks_098

world is evil
goobimama said:
Fight club is like not a movie. It's beyond that. I mean, you can't touch that kind of a movie. From a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it 53 or something..maybe even 55. ;)

a remark like this. . .gotta watch this flick

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I saw Die Hard 4.0 last week and its g8!

My favourite is Anti-Trust! Wat u all think of that!
Now after Devil Himself comment, i am starting to watch DEPARTED!.. :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I've just seen Road to Perdition. Honestly, i've never seen a film so beautiful (and underrated). A sad and beautiful film. I was blown away.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
praka123 said:
u havent seen cosi fan tutte(movie)?google it ;)
Can't believe you're recommending Tinto Brass' movies here.

I recommend Mar Adentro, Abre Los Ojos and other movies of Alejandro Amenabar, French movies of Jean-Luc Goddard, Russians flicks of Tarkovsky, Vozvrashcheniye, Primer, The Fountain, If...., La Haine, La Moustache, Frailty, Tesis, Edward Scissorhands, Miller's Crossing, Das Experiment, The Edukators, Les Quatre Cents Coups, Qian li zou dan qi, Cinema Paradiso and 13 Tzameti for the time being.

Don't watch these movies with pop-corn in one hand and another around your girlfriend - but with an active brain and desire to enjoy classic cinema.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@Yamaraj: Dude, where do you find all these movies? And if you just download them, how do you find out about them to download them??

To be on topic, I just saw Good Luck Chuck...horrible horrible horrible movie, which I only saw because it had Jessica Alba in it...ugh...not even 2/10...

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
If you love the art of cinema and movie-making, you'll find all the classic ones lurking around you be appreciated and loved. Unfortunately, I must download most of them, as there is no market for such movies in India.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yesterday I saw this Czech movie called "Zítra vstanu a oparím se cajem" AKA "Tomorrow I’ll Wake Up and Scald Myself with Tea". this was filmed in 1977. Its a Si-Fi TimeTravel Comedy movie. Had a good laugh last nite :D

A Brief sinopsis

Assuming I’ve got the plot straight, it runs broadly along these lines. A group of elderly Nazis has survived into the 1990s (thanks to anti-ageing pills of unspecified provenance), and is therefore in a position to take advantage of the miraculous invention of the Universum company - which offers time travel to school parties and rich American tourists, on condition that they are passive observers throughout (they’re not even allowed to leave the craft, which lands in the specified era after an initial blast into orbit). The Nazis, led by Klaus Abard (Jiří Sovák), plan to disobey this cardinal rule by landing in Germany on December 8, 1944, with the aim of offering Hitler and his associates a hydrogen bomb that their associates have purloined from the Americans - the idea being that Hitler will shatter his opposition with a single blow, and the Nazis’ dream of a thousand-year Reich will become a reality.

I downloaded this movie .... forget buying it in India .. it not available anywhere.
I was expecting a Black&White Movie but turned out to be a color movie :D

IMDB users have rated this 7.9 (151 Votes) which is very good for a 1977 Si-Fi movie.

You guys will know exactly where it get this movie ;)

Film Journal
Rotten Tomatoes

xbonez

NP : Crysis
eggman said:
I've just seen Road to Perdition. Honestly, i've never seen a film so beautiful (and underrated). A sad and beautiful film. I was blown away.

Just "acquired" ;) Road to Perdition. hoping to see it soon

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Batistabomb said:
mohabbatein and kabhi kushi kabhi gham
These were the two most boring films, I ever saw. Every song is about 24-40 days long and the whole film is about 320 days long.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
eggman said:
These were the two most boring films, I ever saw. Every song is about 24-40 days long and the whole film is about 320 days long.

ofcourse for you those may be bored but taste may vary from person to person,your choice movie may be bored to some guys,any how those movies are some what emtional and centiment

Top Bottom