Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Finally watched The Dark Knight. Nothing against the movie but the no 3 overall imdb rating seems way too much. But the movie is fun. The music takes the movie to an altogether different dimension. I think James Howard Newton was also the guy behind Shyamlan's Lady in the water which did help make the story a bit effective.

Already grabbed the soundtrack ;)

GameAddict

In the zone
Finally watched The Dark Knight. Nothing against the movie but the no 3 overall imdb rating seems way too much. But the movie is fun. The music takes the movie to an altogether different dimension. I think James Howard Newton was also the guy behind Shyamlan's Lady in the water which did help make the story a bit effective.

Already grabbed the soundtrack ;)

Agree. Movie is good, but not that good. The 'joker' is unforgettable, btw. :D

GA

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^ I agree!!! I mean , I
can't understand why Batman has to take the blame!! Why don't they pin it to some other criminal or say under investigation ....

Also during the truck chase scene why batman has to blow off the cars???Why didn't he jump!!!! The party interruption scene by joker is also abruptly ended!!!

Things like this make this movie imperfect unlike Chris' other works!! And this is coming from a guy who is A Big fan of Chris Nolan and gave The Dark Knight 8/10 on IMDB!!!

And watched it thriccce!!

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The Dark Knight is anything but overrated.It deserves all the praise one can bestow upon it. Just that its a movie inspired from a comic character does not strip the actors of their credentials. Its really tough to make a movie, the character of whom is mainly an entity for the enjoyment of children.

Hats off...

zillion/10 for the dark knight.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Its not over rated!!! Not at all.....But it could've been better(although its amazing now it slef)

Pathik

Google Bot
It is definitely justified at #3 if not #1. Most super hero movies are super crappy, but The Dark Knight is simply awesome.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
All superhero movies always manage to get some good ranking

Btw whats popular is not whats always good, infact I would have missed many gems if I sticked to IMDB 250 :p

Generally there are some numb maggots who like to rate 1 for other movies so that their mindless **** manages to catch eyes....lolz

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Most super hero are super crappy, but The Dark Knight is simply awesome.

Totally agree with that. See the General Format of a superhero movie is always like this:
A normal man struggling with his life(ok, not iron man)....(Accidentally )gets exposed to something that'll make him some kind of superhero....at the same time a villain will rise to power.....will pwn our superhero every time....to shock audience one of our trusted friend will turn to dark side....there will be a big boss fight...Hero wins,villain loses...everyone is happy!!!

But The Dark knight(not sure about Batman Begins) is not a conventional super hero movie. Dark Knight was more of a crime film having super heroes in it...There were mind games in the films. The Dark Knight was definitely the BEST superhero movie. Not because it Earned so much!! But because it took the Genre to all new level.

@T159: I don't remember Catwomen or Fantastic Four or even the Much hyped Spider Man 3 getting any good reviews!!!
A good film will always be praised,even if not at box office ....:)

In the meantime here are awesomely funny British movies :

Hot Fuzz -9/10 : Parodies Cop/Action genre!!

Shawn Of The Dead - 9/10 : Parodies Horror Genre!!

And when I say Parody, I don't mean epic movie/mad tv kinda parody!! A smart subtle parody!!!MUST WATCH!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^not until the hype settled down after 1 month or so.

Its best to watch a movie after 1 month again and see if you can feel the same awesomeness this time too.

I always appreciate movies with dark tones (Tim Burton is one classic example). Batman is my fav superhero. Let me see if I can relate it something better.

Seen Shawn of The Dead, ending is priceless.

red_devil

Back!
Hot FUZZ is nice...but not great enough to be called "awesome", IMO.

Dark Knight was good.. but not #3 material...

btw, watched A Wednesday, the hindi flick... its good...most certainly worth watching :)

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^ I thought it was awesome. The way comedy, action, violence , drama and mystery has been packed into one fast moving package is , to me , is awesome!!!

But everyone has their own taste!!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
suggest me few new must watch movies.

apart from -
Wall-E
Batman
Street Kings
Tropic Thunder
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Death Race

Comedy & Romance preffered