Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
Captain Marvel 6/10

A female superhero movie without a feminine touch. The whole movie, she sported a constipated look and that bothered me. It's not that she was fighting the whole movie, there were plenty of dialogs, like a lot of it.

I'll say, an underwhelming superhero movie (irrespective of the gender of the superhero here)

i kinda liked her plain easygoing attitude and underwhelming look. felt so neutral, like cutting a piece of cake. :D

i have no idea why people crying so much feminism about this movie.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Shazam 6/10

How the hell is this certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes? Cringy acting, minimal storyline and uninteresting villain. I would say it's a one time watch at best. Even the DC meta references are kinda badly used.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^phew, gonna skip then. Was gonna go watch. Looks like Disney is getting my entire movie budget this year.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^phew, gonna skip then. Was gonna go watch. Looks like Disney is getting my entire movie budget this year.
It walks a fine line between a kids movie and a proper movie. Its most definitely a kids a movie storywise, but it has adult references now and then. It feels like a kid friendly version of Deadpool.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
^even the poster looked like a joke. may be if you want to take your elementary grade kids and waste their valuable time.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Shazam 7.5/10

Its a light hearted fun movie. Something DC was not known for.
Jokes are in line of Deadpool (first one) movie. Action is underwhelming.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^even the poster looked like a joke. may be if you want to take your elementary grade kids and waste their valuable time.
I think its a good movie to show kids and its decent to watch for adults. But I was put off with some bad acting like:
When he finds his real mother, that whole exchange was full of cringy acting, the actress playing his mother had a frigid expression. Perhaps it was deliberate given the plot, but I found it too awkward.
The guy playing Billy Batson acted great in that scene though.

So, overall, I'd say it's not a bad movie, but not "certified fresh" good either.

Top Bottom