Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

goobimama

 Macboy
The Illusionist. Smoking movie. Amazing cinematography. Too good story. Edward Norton is his usual best in this movie and there's also Jessica Biel for those who are inclined towards her.

I can't tell anything about the story, cause it would be a spoiler...the title should say it all.

Equal to or better than The Prestige

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Epic Movie
A damn comedy movie.
Here is plat outline
"The twisted minds of two of the six writers of "Scary Movie" tackle the biggest mega-blockbusters of all time in "Epic Movie." The story centers on four not-so-young orphans: one raised by a curator at the Louvre (where an albino assassin lurks), another a refugee from Mexican "libre" wrestling, the third a recent victim of snakes on her plane, and the fourth a "normal" resident of a mutant "X"-community. The hapless quartet visits a chocolate factory, where they stumble into an enchanted wardrobe that transports them to the land of Gnarnia (with a "G"). There they meet a flamboyant pirate captain and earnest students of wizardry - and join forces with, among others, a wise-but-horny lion to defeat the evil White ***** of Gnarnia."

Cast :
Kal Penn
Adam Campbell
Jennifer Coolidge
Crispin Glover
Fred Willard

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Quiz_Master said:
Epic Movie
A damn comedy movie.
Here is plat outline
"The twisted minds of two of the six writers of "Scary Movie" tackle the biggest mega-blockbusters of all time in "Epic Movie." The story centers on four not-so-young orphans: one raised by a curator at the Louvre (where an albino assassin lurks), another a refugee from Mexican "libre" wrestling, the third a recent victim of snakes on her plane, and the fourth a "normal" resident of a mutant "X"-community. The hapless quartet visits a chocolate factory, where they stumble into an enchanted wardrobe that transports them to the land of Gnarnia (with a "G"). There they meet a flamboyant pirate captain and earnest students of wizardry - and join forces with, among others, a wise-but-horny lion to defeat the evil White ***** of Gnarnia."
Cast :
Kal Penn
Adam Campbell
Jennifer Coolidge
Crispin Glover
Fred Willard

Did u really liked this movie ?
In my opinion, this comes no way closer to Scary Movie Quadrology ;)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ U saw Epic Movie??
If not then go watch it. I know its not as great as Scary Movie series, but its damn funny.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Epic movie is horrible. I couldn't watch past 15 minutes into it. No connections whatsoever. No wonder it is featured in the bottom 50 at imdb.com....

Next movie on my list: Shootout at Lokhandwala...shreview (short+review) will be up soon...

goobimama

 Macboy
Certainly not Epic movie. But most of them are 720p. My friend downloads all these crappy DVDSCRs and DVDrips which I sometimes watch (if the movie isn't worth watching in HD)

Shootout at lokhandwala was good btw...only thing it gets a bit monotonous after the first half...and the songs are put in there for no apparent reason...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Quiz_Master said:
Epic Movie
A damn comedy movie.
Here is plat outline

Cast :
Kal Penn
Adam Campbell
Jennifer Coolidge
Crispin Glover
Fred Willard
t
It was Crap. Scary Movies were grea

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^guess will check this out...700mb wont make a difference anyways :D

OffTopic:mad:goobimama.....so u get the 720p movies n ur "friend" gets the dvdscrs n dvdrips? but aint the 720p ones dvdrips? also u have any idea of what is R3 and R5 rips? n whr do u store ur collection? me thinkin of goin in fer a 22" lcd n hoarding up 720p movies :)

And guys, no one liked 300 and Apocalypto?

goobimama

 Macboy
720p is way beyond what a DVD offers (which is somewhere 480i)...they are all HDTV rips or nowadays HD DVD/Blu ray rips. I get the HD stuff, he gets the DVDrips.

R5's are in between DVDrips and TS releases. They originate in the Russian scene. DVDrips are bearable...

Waiting for 300 HD DVD...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I loved 300. Its a must watchaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......................
But i hated Apocalypto. To boring and a poor story. Way too much overhyped.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Apocalypto was fscking mind blowing! Not too much talking and a LOT of violence, but the movie had a no nonsense way of grabbing you and sucking you into it. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

BEAUTIFUL movie...

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^It was one of the best movies i had seen in a really long time.....yea, not too much talking, but wonderfully made. As for 300, it was good, but things look funny when those gigantic elephants, rhinos, half-deads are brought into the picture. Otherwise, a gr8 movie.

off topic : @goobimama.....u on gtalk kya? pm me ur id then

faraaz

Evil Genius
aryayush said:
Could you guys recommend me some good courtroom drama movies? For example, A Few Good Men is a very good and famous courtroom drama movie.

Have you seen Rain Maker?? Stars Matt Damon if I remember correctly...AMAZING and very touching movie!!

goobimama

 Macboy
sab kuch goobimama se hota hai....

I hope that hindi says that its all goobimama (gmail)(hotmail)(msn).

If I'm not mistaken, Rain Maker is about that lawyer who fights that case against that insurance scam right? I've read the book, not the movie.

12 Angry Men (featured in the top 250 at imdb) is an amazing courtroom drama...its a very old movie, but well done.

Top Bottom