Movie / Music / Games Piracy.. Whts your Take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
A lot has been discussed about music / video piracy & copyrights etc etc.
I just would like to share my small experience of spending hundreds on buying original CDs
Recently had been to a big mall and picked up couple of audit CDs worth > 500 Rs.
With great ecstasy I reached home and removed the covering plastic and paper and was astonished!
The inside plastic case was totally damaged and cracked
The small circular holder ring inside the plastic casing (that hold the CD in position) was broken and CDs were just moving freely inside the cover
As a result there were many scratches on the new(?) audit CDs
At the end though it plays, I was wondering if the whole expenditure of > 500 Rs was worth or would it have been better to search and download?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Oh. I remember those days when I used to audio-cassettes for Rs.50 to 60. I used to have a special feeling removing the transparent plastic wrapper. And most of the music used to be great. Really great. That was in the later part of the 90s. Post 2000, not many movies turned to be good in music, and [v] and M tvs were more than enough to judge the quality. Rahman was one exception, but the internet, its a good place i know, but it also let me to ... you know what!

But, I download only because it is a lot easier. I too wan't to avoid piracy, badly. But the curse, ah, it doesn't go off so easily. Does it?

But I don't watch movies using pirated stuff. That much I can say I am clean. Softwares.... mmm the less said, the better :D.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
According to "Indian economy" as now what is happening in INDIA , mainly the IT companies jobs , no money for every one this is ridiculous! that we should think about all the people in INDIA , they cant afford to buy games/MOVIE DVDS/AUDIO DVDs @ this rate of price .............

I just don't understand how games are released and come to the p-markets before release date. Looks like one of the employees of the Game Company is the crook and he sells the game to the pirate before the release date. And he releases it in the torrent sites and the Game site faces a heavy of Loss. I think its unfair. But still i think about approx 70% or more people embrace piracy. This is the main reason why Game developers are not releasing their titles in PC no more. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom