Motorola Defy and Defy+

sach1000rt

Journeyman
^^ for miui roms there is no need of changing the sbf.
You just got to be in froyo before you install them (for optimum performance).
and yes i wiped cache..
just change sbf and flash miui then check if it works right.
just check it. it might do the trick.
or post about it in xda forum.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thats strange really... :O
I just installed this week's WIUI, and after a few hiccups which occur dring a new rom installation for me...(stuck in boot loop, continuous force closes, etc), i have it full up and running done battery calibration, everything's fine... no lags waht so ever. Using default launcher.. of WIUI.
did u wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before and after the installation? moved everything to sd card through titanium back up... and restarted in between 2-3 times?

*wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before install and cache and dalvik after install

giprabu

In the zone
^^yes i did them..
nothing helped.
Tried LiquidArc rom... It is so so good. No lag in any of the above specified places.
Quadrant score 2085 @ 800Mhz..
No freezing of dialer.(so far).
Battery life - 20hrs at moderate usage. (its ok i can adjust :-|)
No rom handles Live wallpapers.. It was one of the thing i was dreaming about while getting defy.. Very much disappointed. The cheap galaxy Y handles live wallpaper like breeze.. :-/

arjundg

Broken In
^^yes i did them..
nothing helped.
Tried LiquidArc rom... It is so so good. No lag in any of the above specified places.
Quadrant score 2085 @ 800Mhz..
No freezing of dialer.(so far).
Battery life - 20hrs at moderate usage. (its ok i can adjust :-|)
No rom handles Live wallpapers.. It was one of the thing i was dreaming about while getting defy.. Very much disappointed. The cheap galaxy Y handles live wallpaper like breeze.. :-/

Its true, LiquidArc is the best ROM for Defy that I found...you can increase the battery life by switching to Smartass CPU profile. I tried Live wallpapers in the new CM7.1, it was working quite well...:)

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thats by JBoogie rite? Its not been updated since a looong time :(. But since it claims to be lighter than CM7, it should be the faster than anything else. How long does the battery last in this ROM?

arjundg

Broken In
Thats by JBoogie rite? Its not been updated since a looong time :(. But since it claims to be lighter than CM7, it should be the faster than anything else. How long does the battery last in this ROM?

Its not updated for a long time, but I keep coming back to this from other roms, as this one is more smooth and stable than others. The battery life is also better - I get 1.5 to 2 days easily.

Sparky19

Broken In
Any Defy owners using Gps navigation like MMI on Defy ? How is accuracy ? Does it work smoothly ? Any issues ? How about battery life while using it for navigation.

Note : I am asking about gps not A-gps with data plans.

Big Stack

Broken In
I ported to cyanogenmod 7.1
It doesn't freezes like stock
Does anybody know to get dialler of stock defy(2.2)
Thanks in advance

hi,
last day i flashed cyanogen 7.1 stable mod for defy.
it was working nicely
later on i wiped the system and and installed the backup of stock 2.2.2 using clockworkmod recovery, it also worked without any problems

again i wiped the system cache and installed cyanogen again ,but this time i got stuck at the cyanogen logo which comes in loop, so i flashed again but no positive
after that i entered into recovery mod and cleared the system cache and data
after this i got stuck at google logo,(still able to enter into default recovery mod, but i cannot enter into bootloader) :(

plz help urgently
thanks

arjundg

Broken In
I ported to cyanogenmod 7.1
It doesn't freezes like stock
Does anybody know to get dialler of stock defy(2.2)
Thanks in advance

hi,
last day i flashed cyanogen 7.1 stable mod for defy.
it was working nicely
later on i wiped the system and and installed the backup of stock 2.2.2 using clockworkmod recovery, it also worked without any problems

again i wiped the system cache and installed cyanogen again ,but this time i got stuck at the cyanogen logo which comes in loop, so i flashed again but no positive
after that i entered into recovery mod and cleared the system cache and data
after this i got stuck at google logo,(still able to enter into default recovery mod, but i cannot enter into bootloader) :(

plz help urgently
thanks

I think to be safe you can factory reset and flash the stock sbf again. And then try from scratch.

arjundg

Broken In
i flashed the stock froyo using rsdlite and its like factory reset :)
thanks arjundg
how is liquidarc wrt cyanogen

Its really good, decent performance and battery, and its stable...highly recommended...:thumbs:
Jboogie3 mentioned he is making a ROM with ICS, and doing the testing now....thats what I am waiting for now...

kamal_saran

android lover
hey guys can i get a used defy under 9k . . Please reply. . I also want to be a defy owner . Otherwise i have to get dell xcd35 :) reply

arjundg

Broken In
@kamal_saran & chris, pls check the sticky threads for mobile price....and it is definitely much better than xcd35

napster007

Padawan
@chris: You may get the defy for 13k at local shops if u drive a good bargain, again they should be having the stocks left as the defy + is now flooding the market..

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
installed liquidearc ginger over stock rom (not nordic one) everything ok, but getting heavy issues on gallery only, it keeps hanging, force closing, laggy.. trying the inbuilt SE launcher, but i guess I will revert back to ADW launcher Ex soon

arjundg

Broken In
clean cache, and in the first time load of the gallery, keep it open for some time, let it generate the thumbnails:razz:!

installed liquidearc ginger over stock rom (not nordic one) everything ok, but getting heavy issues on gallery only, it keeps hanging, force closing, laggy.. trying the inbuilt SE launcher, but i guess I will revert back to ADW launcher Ex soon

Top Bottom