Motorola Defy and Defy+

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks for the link.. :)
I hope that universal root method works for Defy. Will have to wait till the exploit is revealed.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Nah.. Its 2 different hacks.. as far as got. He was holding both for $500 bounties. He has revealed the one for Droid 4, but not yet revealed the universal one. :(

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
I guess, generally every phone releases with one update in hand. Since Defy+ releasedwith Gingerbread, it is entitled to get ICS unless Moto screws us again

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Nope... i dont think its coming. If it were.. Moto would have officially declared it. And the service guy said its just 2-3 months away.. when the 4.0.3 update for the official listed devices are coming only in Q3!
Its probably a new device on similar chipset. Like the GB ROM leaks for Defy that came out just before Defy+ came out.
I am more optimistic about Moto unlocking bootloader than Defy+ getting ICS update.. :(

lll_aritra_lll

ICS update not really matter since we have the wide range of rom support, I have also signed the petition, just hoping, if they release the bootloaders like HTC did.

Whether moto release an ICS update or not, I will be using CM9 still

@soumik, a good news for you

Motorola Xyboard Root Method Should Work On All Moto Devices Running Gingerbread Or Honeycomb

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@@ Hi Aritra.. Thanks for the link. But i think this one talks about rooting the device, and not cracking the bootloader. :(
Its just an universal rooting tool for Moto devices.
I downloaded the files, but i dont think its does anything to the bootloader. :(

Ravi.

Broken In
Hi guys i need some help. My defy plus is running on official 2.3.6 gingerbread but it doesnt have devanagari support. How can i install devanagari font in my defy+ ?
Regards

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yes. only -ve points are: no 720p video recording on stock rom, no official ICS update, some complain about battery charger charging mobile way too slowly.

lll_aritra_lll

Guys should i go for defy+ @ 15k. any -ve point of defy+ ???

Copying it from my another post......

I am a proud owner of defy. There are some not so good things about the phone though, still its the best you can get within the budget.

issues if you want to know,
not so good camera qulity
no dedicated DAC chip installed (digital to analog convertor) still delivers decent sound specially with poweramp.
Stock earphone is a PITA
the color of the rubberized back cover is fading a little

Defy comes within 14k I guess, Defy+ has nothing more than a bigger battery and slightly better camera module(bayer) and of course Gingerbread. Now, since Defy(or Defy+) has official CM support, unless you are not gonna use custom rom, buying defy+ over Defy is not VFM IMO.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
^^ +1 to that. If Defy is available, u can get it. :)
Although, there are some people saying that ICS on GB kernel runs better than on Froyo kernel. Since we cannot really change the core kernel, we should keep it in mind while deciding over these two.

chris

In the zone
I got defy+ today. After i switch on the mobile pressing the top button, mobile works. If mobile is inactive for 30 seconds, screen go black. To get the screen back, i need to press top switch again for few seconds. This is normal ?

Top Bottom