Motorola Defy and Defy+

giprabu

In the zone
@mitraark : yes. with cm7 and overclocked to 1.1 ghz, it still struggles to handle live wallpapers. It seems like this issue is only with me and not with all defy owners :(

are u using cm7 leaked GB version and your camera working with green lens? plz confirm. bcoz according to XDA green lens(color doesn't matter) wont work. if you have bayer lens( green, red, yellow) it will work

i'm using quarx's cm7.. updated to nightly jordan

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
I have not root my phone yet.. gonna do it after the sem.. till now I am stuck with stock rom..

the main issue is sometime my phone is not showing the right time. it should at least keep track of the time..

Sometime, even ninjump lags.. so does angry bird rio

socrates

In the zone
I got a email today from a friend of mine with this. See for yourselves & what do you make of it

The first picture is of the box, where it clearly says it is manufactured by M/s Motorola Mobility Chennai Pvt Ltd. etc.

*img717.imageshack.us/img717/6186/65415469.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now take the phone out of the box, open the back cover and pull out the battery, and see what it says.

*img7.imageshack.us/img7/924/68524867.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Maybe this is one reason why we are way behind China --- we sell Chinese products as our own. One step after "me too". :shock:

Could be its just assembled here. Screwdriver technology??

arjundg

Broken In
I have not root my phone yet.. gonna do it after the sem.. till now I am stuck with stock rom..

the main issue is sometime my phone is not showing the right time. it should at least keep track of the time..

Sometime, even ninjump lags.. so does angry bird rio

I am using it for 2 months and dont have such lagging problems. May be some app is eating your memory. Try restarting the phone and uninstalling unneeded apps. Also, rooting the phone, overclock+undervolt, installing a firewall, switching data on and off will increase battery life and performance. If you are comfortable, you should install a custom ROM. Trust me, there is a huge difference. For live wallpapers, I am sure other than the dual core phones, all of the smart phones have trouble handling:neutral:.

lll_aritra_lll

Yeah, I think I am gonna root my phone soon.. 1st i thought i will wait till December, but since ICS is releasing in few days, I will try GB before it. I am using android booster and it takes around 21 mb of ram.. and google maps takes much too. but i could not close it for perm..

btwn any solution for the clock issue?

jonev

Right off the assembly line
which is the stable and most problem free cm7, cm 7.1 or latest nighthies or any moded rom for green lense defy

i have install clockworkmode recovery as defy recovery apk.by mistake i pressed first option boot when there was orther option normal boot.now mu mobile is booting when i press volume up down i get following message.

bootloader

batterry ok
ok to programe
connect usb
data cable

when i connect data cable iget
transfer mode
usb

what is the problem
i have rooted my defy
how to get the problem solved

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
which is the stable and most problem free cm7, cm 7.1 or latest nighthies or any moded rom for green lense defy

i have install clockworkmode recovery as defy recovery apk.by mistake i pressed first option boot when there was orther option normal boot.now mu mobile is booting when i press volume up down i get following message.

bootloader

batterry ok
ok to programe
connect usb
data cable

when i connect data cable iget
transfer mode
usb

what is the problem
i have rooted my defy
how to get the problem solved
Which version of clockworkmod did you install and where did u get it from? Defy doesnt have an unlocked bootloader, so the latest general versions will not always work on it.
You can boot your phone properly right? then install 2nd init on it. (Assuming you have already rooted it.)
Please go through this thread - XDA Defy Guide
Please tell us if you are facing any trouble following the post.
Try these form the forum post:

1. Download this SBF and Flash it
2. Root your Phone
3. Download 2nd Init 1.4.2 and Install ClockworkMod Recovery
4. Download and install this Nandroid Backup
5. Enter Recovery, Wipe Data/Cache
6. After wiping, turn off your phone
7. Turn it on and get immediately into Bootloader mode
8. Flash this Fixed SBF
9. Delete Data/Cache again and reboot.

For flashing also there is a procedure mentioned there.

AhamBrahmasmi

Right off the assembly line
@socrates - mine is too same !

Even Iphone too manufacture from china !

Chinees know how to manufacture budget products and quality products :)

@aritra - we will break the guarantee if we root the phone !

Before that any way to take a backup of the Current Firmware

Mine is : 2.2.2

@All -

Any good ROM that support HD video playback and Good Battery Backup ?
Mine is Green Lens ! :(

Help me in finding a Bug Free ROM !

lll_aritra_lll

@aritra - we will break the guarantee if we root the phone !

Before that any way to take a backup of the Current Firmware

to take backup of your phone your phone needed to be rooted, unless you use the paid version. but it does not matter, u can easily uninstall the superuser app and unroot your phone. The backup is needed when you are installing custom rom, or flash over your stock rom.

Btwn I have installed CM7 7.1.0 stable few hours ago, and i love the UI. having a bit issues, but i guess i can solve it using the tweeks

lll_aritra_lll

can someone mention any GB rom with less battery drain..?..
i'm losing 10% of battery overnight..

I installed cm7.1 rc0 yesterday.. and the full battery drained within 12 hours :(
and that too with moderate use.. :(
but the interface is awesome. and super smooth.. no force close.. except metamorph

Top Bottom