Motorola Defy and Defy+

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
How long does your battery lives under moderate usage (pls specify your usage)..?

There are people in xda-forum who get 30+hrs of battery back up..

in stock rom, with high moderate use+lots of net i was getting around 24-30 hrs back up.
but with cm7.. 18 hrs max with low-avg use

giprabu

In the zone
updated to latest nightly-jordan yesterday. After a full battery charge, calibrated it using Battery Calibration. For the entire night (6-7 hrs), there was only 3% battery drain .!!!
While leaving to college by 7 am, battery reading was 76%..
Returned home by 5 and checked .. The remaining battery was 46%...
Stupidly weird .:(
Don't know what the heck is wrong with this ROM...
Thinking to go back to stock ROM or custom Froyo..
Any suggestions guys .??

You can try Motoginger or Liquidarc! Both of them have less battery drain.

ya sure.. will try them .. but i have green lens and not sure whether it has Bayer module. I don't think motoginger will suit me..

I'm currently using "JRDNEM_U3_3.4.2.177.5_NORDIC.sbf"..
Its CG version is 4 (hope i'm right).
Will I be able to downgrade to stock froyo "JRDNEM U3 3.4.3 33 1 CHINESE SIGN SIGNED UCAJRDNEMARAB1B50AA03A.0R PDS03C USAJRDNFRYORTINT15 P001 A013 HWp3 Service1FF.sbf.gz" by just flashing it??
The CG version of stock froyo mentioned above is also 4. (Please correct me if i'm wrong)..

lll_aritra_lll

I am having some wired issues..
1.> battery is quite stable now, getting around 22-24 hrs after some tweaks. but max battery drains for display and mediaserver.. now i dont know what it is :(
2.> video camera crashing.. not working (i have green lens)
3.> In miss call notification and in msg, only num showing... no name.. same in call (sometimes)
4.> sometime unable to accept calls. I had ring UI for accepting call, and it is not reponding..
5.> official cm7.1 does not include india's native baseband.. so I had to install a patch, but that is also not working. it says damaged, and asked me to load default, after loading default my signal quality improved a lot, and i thought its fixed, but i just saw that previously baseband version was EPU93_U_00.59.02 and now it is EPU93_U_00.59.01
6.> not all services.. some of which i want to reinstall.. is not working while restoring by titanium backup

@giprabu check there is a defy subforum introduced in cm7 site.. check if there is any fix for your problem

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@giprabu - As far as i understand, yes. The CG version shouldnt be lower than your current version. If both are 4, you should be able to do a full flash of the 3.4.3 sbf. But dont most roms suggest u start with nordic froyo? Why do you want to change that?

My battery is at 42% now. I charged to 100% last night. its been unplugged for about 19 hours.
Usage -
2-3 hours of voice call (had to talk a lot today)
1 hour on wifi.. during which downloaded Talking tom cat 1 and 2 :D
2-3 hours of music
some taking down of notes to transfer few important points and data between 2 disconnected systems
3 outgoing and 12 incoming messages
some small amount of playing with the cats :p
thats all.

With my average everyday usage, i get around 1.5 days easily... and my use isnt something remarkable. Its very ordinary. Not what would qualify for a good smartphone user. :)

@aritra - official cm7.1 isnt in a stable state for Defy. I still its still basically a port and not developed on Defy. It will definitely have bugs... which will be pest-controlled with time.
Among the issues u mentioned.. i have faced 4.> a few times too, both with stock ROM and prev version of WIUI. To fix that, just switch off the screen using power button and switch it back on again.. It used to work for me. My current WIUI version uses proximity sensor even with incoming calls... i guess its the pocket sensor... even though its a feature, its quite annoying sometimes as if i hold the phone over the top, the screen would go off and come on only when i switch the holding place.. But the problem u mentioned didnt occur with this rom so far.. been using this one for one month now...

lll_aritra_lll

Cyanogen declared it as stable in their forum... :(

mainly 3 and 4 is quite annoying, i think I will be flashing cm7.1.0 again.. already talking with a dev in mail about a theme.. well.. its awesome, he also advised me to reflash it. lets see how it turns out.. else I will be looking for a new rom but i liked cm7 interface very much :D

giprabu

In the zone
@soumik :

can you pls give me the download link of the exact rom you are using. ?
and is that rom downgradable ?

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@giprabu - WIUI from XDA Forums
You can get the latest one from this link. I havent upgraded it to the latest version yet. Currently using 1.9.23 version. The links for that too is there, but i suggest that u get the latest one.
Its built on MIUI, so i guess its downgradable. Havent tried it on my device yet, though i have tried it on my roomie's desire... it bricked :p. Had to unbrick it and install something different on it. But theoratically it should be downgradable.

@aritra - whats the launcher? launcher Pro rite?

giprabu

In the zone
^^ thanks for the link..
after a couple of days, my battery looks stable.
No sudden drop or fast drain.
Getting around 20-24 hrs on moderate-heavy usage :)...
Will stay on this rom for a while...
For all those who face similar battery problem on cm7, pls update to latest nightly jordan and do a battery calibration.
You can find the latest update (find according to date) here..
Index of /jordan-nightly/

napster007

Padawan
hey, i need to know if rooting my phone will void the warranty? and if rooted can i revert it back to the stock rom? thanks....

giprabu

In the zone
is there a gps fix for cm7 ? :(

tried to install nordic froyo through nandroid backup ..
but stuck up in bootmenu after wiping data/cache :(
unable to flash any rom . Getting the error as "internal error while programming.."..
pls help guys.. don't know as what to do ..

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
^^:doogone:

guys is anyone of you is using a screen guard???
i am really in need of one..maybe i am using my handling my phone very roughly..i have got a lot of scratches on the screen!!

n Happy DIwali guys!!!!

arjundg

Broken In

i am really in need of one..maybe i am using my handling my phone very roughly..i have got a lot of scratches on the screen!!

n Happy DIwali guys!!!!
U definitely need a screen guard. I bought from a local store, cost 150 Rs....there is something in flipkart as well!

giprabu

In the zone

n Happy DIwali guys!!!!

Scratchgard Motorola MB525 Defy (WQ7 ) Screen Protector . Buy Best Scratchgard Motorola MB525 Defy (WQ7 ) Screen Protector at Lowest Price Online

I bought this .. Its a worth purchase ..:)

@girprabu... looks like u got ur answer from XDA already.. :)

ya.. but still not convinced. I just flashed the stock rom and my phone was back to normal.
Still not clear about the flashing stuffs..
In some cases , if we just install the .zip file from recovery, thats enough.
But in other cases, we got to flash some sbf along with it. And moreover the combination of .zip and .sbf will put you in unwanted situations if chosen wrongly...
Gotta be careful next time..
If someone in this forum is so clear about these things, could start a thread explaining very basic terminologies and stuffs for people like me..

Srvn

Right off the assembly line
ya.. but still not convinced. I just flashed the stock rom and my phone was back to normal.
Still not clear about the flashing stuffs..
In some cases , if we just install the .zip file from recovery, thats enough.
But in other cases, we got to flash some sbf along with it. And moreover the combination of .zip and .sbf will put you in unwanted situations if chosen wrongly...
Gotta be careful next time..
If someone in this forum is so clear about these things, could start a thread explaining very basic terminologies and stuffs for people like me..

Hi guys!!
I'm now a proud owner of Defy!! :grin:

As he told there needs a new thread for noob like me on rooting and rom'ming this device.

My device is a month old and still running on stock 2.2.2, I'm very excited to custom rom and unleash the beast within, but totally confused :???: lookin at the jargons everywhere.

Top Bottom