Motorola Defy and Defy+

AhamBrahmasmi

Right off the assembly line
Hi all

i too want to buy this phone, im from kerala. i think here motorola handsets not available !

Anyone using this phone ? any problems ??

im planning to took defy from this seller ebay gplanet11 member !

anyone have dealt with this guy before ?

:-o

Big Stack

Broken In
Hi all

i too want to buy this phone, im from kerala. i think here motorola handsets not available !

:-o
i am also from kerala
i bought my defy from letsbuy for 14400 with jabra bluetooth headset
My screen cracked recently ,motorola service centre fixed within 5 days but costs 3200 bucks

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
defy is awesome phone..have been seeing reviews since three days..m getting new phone in diwali..lets hope i can stretch my budget to 15k.. :)

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
Hi all

Hi, I bought from him and got an awesome deal of Rs 13490/-. I placed order on monday night, and he shiped it on Wednesday after I call him, it reached kolkata thursday and friday was the expected delivery date. but they delivered on saturday.. product was in very good condition with all accessories.

comment on the live wallpapers and batterybakup.
Post some CM7 pics on defy.
live wallpapers are running beautifully. I just got it yesterday, so dont knw much abt tweeks, May be thats why battery draining quickly.
about CM7, check it on xda

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
the biggest problem on any droid is the battery backup..android apps n OS are power hungry..just imagine..1200 mAh battery gives 390 hr stand-by for N8..and 1540 mAh battery is giving just 238 hr stand-by for defy..even wave II running on bada OS gives 600 hrs stand-by time on 1500 mAh battery..i go on trek most often..so use gps frequently..how do i manage it for a whole day??

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
^^ so the bakup is poor . Right ???
Can defy survive one day (calls, msgs, web surfe). Whatever android i considered have some issues. Where is LG Optimus net ?

lll_aritra_lll

^^ so the bakup is poor . Right ???
Can defy survive one day (calls, msgs, web surfe). Whatever android i considered have some issues. Where is LG Optimus net ?

nop according to the defy users it has the best backup of all droids. I have screenshot with more than 5 days running. there are some tweeks that stops the draining, while researching i have seen those, I need to go through all threads to use it for real

giprabu

In the zone
If the smartphone is giving you excellent battery, thn the user is not making full use of a smartphone. :)

well said.

On moderate-heavy usage, defy stood upto 24-30 hrs. Whatever may be the case, it'll surely give you over a day's backup.

lll_aritra_lll

i have downloaded a lot of widgets.. different weather widgets on diff home screen, may be thats why battery is draining, and i am using internet a lot, trying different apps.. till now PowerAmp is the best one i have encountered for, it enhanced my music experience by 500%. Is there any option to use cracked version or should I buy it from marke, it costs around Rs 250. I have not rooted my phone yet.
There are some unexpected issues I got though, like black screen, lagging few times, but I am loving it

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@aritra - Dont go for cracked software. PowerAmp is awesome player, but u should buy it if you want to use it. Try cubed(3) player or Mixzig.. They are free.

I am using WalkIUI 1.9.23... Its based on 1.9.23 MIUI, but slightly modified. Battery life, as with the case with MIUI, is a little worse than 1.9.9 version, but is still giving me a day and a quarter day easily . Its overclocked to 1.1 GHz. The load includes around 1 hr of gaming (Asphalt 5 and Fruit Ninja), around 3-4 hours of music, abt 1 hr of calls, few sms, around 30 min wifi browsing and 20-30 mb download at night with Wifi sleep policy on.
Thats good enough for me. :)
I do have quite a few tasks in my auto kill list of Task Manager... may be that helps.

arjundg

Broken In
I am using WalkIUI 1.9.23... Its based on 1.9.23 MIUI, but slightly modified. Battery life, as with the case with MIUI, is a little worse than 1.9.9 version, but is still giving me a day and a quarter day easily. Its overclocked to 1.1 GHz. The load includes around 1 hr of gaming (Asphalt 5 and Fruit Ninja), around 3-4 hours of music, abt 1 hr of calls, few sms, around 30 min wifi browsing and 20-30 mb download at night with Wifi sleep policy on.
Thats good enough for me. :)

I saw the screenshots of WajkUI, it looks good. How is the overall performance? And, can you post your Quadrant score?

lll_aritra_lll

i got it a week ago.. I am planning to use the stock ver for a few months, will change it after I get bored, I hvn't installed any launcher till now, but the stock music player is crap.. I am gonna buy poweramp after 15 days trial period is over. I need a few suggestion on apps.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
@arundg - It looks awesome. MIUI themes mixed with Launcher Pro makes it really special. Performance over all is impressive. I actually didnt have much of a performance problem in the stock rom itself.. with GO Launcher on top. But WIUI does feel a lot more smoother. Nothing hangs up to the point where i have to hard restart the phone. (There were a few instances with stock ROM). So far with almost 1 month usage.. only faced 3-4 FCs in total. I think its pretty normal as its a problem with the apps rather than with the OS. Posting my quadrant score taken just now...
*i56.tinypic.com/vhcfpu.jpg

Top Bottom