Motorola Defy and Defy+

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Hey guys plz help me in buying MOto Defy ... Finally i have d money to get it but no stocks on Flipkart , Letsbuy , SAholic ... Yebhi has it for 14490 but cant get coupon codes to work ... Plz help !!! I can get the mobile from 2 places Bangalore and Vasco (Goa) if buying from normal shops

giprabu

In the zone
^^i guess the production of defy has been stopped..
so better get it which ever way you find it cheaper, than totally missing it..

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
If someone in this forum is so clear about these things, could start a thread explaining very basic terminologies and stuffs for people like me..

XDA forums have quite a few good information regarding the tech behind custom ROMs. It would certainly be good if someone starts a thread with proper instructions in more 'common man' terms than in XDA. Lets see of anyone does that. I dont want to start as my knowledge is pretty much limited to what the XDA instructs. Plus, for Defy, the tech is a bit more complicated as we dont have an unlocked bootloader. Our ROMs are basically modded over a Froyo kernel. Thankfully there are smart ppl on earth like the XDA developers who understand it a lot better than i even can.. even after reading their instructions.. :)

giprabu

In the zone
XDA forums have quite a few good information regarding the tech behind custom ROMs. It would certainly be good if someone starts a thread with proper instructions in more 'common man' terms than in XDA. Lets see of anyone does that. I dont want to start as my knowledge is pretty much limited to what the XDA instructs. Plus, for Defy, the tech is a bit more complicated as we dont have an unlocked bootloader. Our ROMs are basically modded over a Froyo kernel. Thankfully there are smart ppl on earth like the XDA developers who understand it a lot better than i even can.. even after reading their instructions.. :)

hm.. lets wait then..
isn't the unlocked bootloader of defy a good thing for us ?
It doesn't allow you to brick your phone that easily rite ..?? :):)

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
My knowledge about modding is very limited, but i have gone through more than 200 tutorials on modding cm7 before applying it, and it ran pretty smoothly.. whenever you flash a rom, just remember to flash its fixed SBF.. not full SBF.
fixed SBF allows you to move from one version to another version, where full SBF allows you to flash higher version or the same version only, it is not downgradable.

However, some matching lower version SBF may come as savior, but thats not safe

Hi guys!!
I'm now a proud owner of Defy!!

As he told there needs a new thread for noob like me on rooting and rom'ming this device.

My device is a month old and still running on stock 2.2.2, I'm very excited to custom rom and unleash the beast within, but totally confused lookin at the jargons everywhere.

just go through the basic about custom rom, 2nd init sbf etc at XDA forum.. its written in laymans language. then install superuser, then 2nd init and create custom recovery(nandroid backup), download titanium backup pro, and create your phone n card recovery (apps and data)

download fixed SBF of your desired custom rom. place it in your cell, and backup your recoveries(in my advice, whole sd card content) in your pc. and then go through the cm7(or miui) faq in XDA forum or CM7 forum

you will get step by step instruction to do it, its pretty easy.. just keep in mind..
1.> nandroid backup
2.> sd card backup
3.> fixed sbf
4.> over 80% charged before you start installing

arjundg

Broken In
hm.. lets wait then..
isn't the unlocked bootloader of defy a good thing for us ?
It doesn't allow you to brick your phone that easily rite ..?? :):)

Dont think Defy is going to have an unlocked bootloader, Moto seems to be against it:x!
The prod of Defy is stopped, as Defy+ is coming soon....:twisted:

shivangi

Right off the assembly line
Hello all,
i want to get help on 3g connection on my DEFY which i got just a month ago...i use airtel connection on my phone and the internet settings are set to automatic network...i get connected to internet but not 3g...when i chose "3G connection only" in my internet settings, all signals disappear and it says emergency calls only....plz help me out as i really want to get connected to 3g connection...The Firmware version on my phone is 2.2.2

diagus

Journeyman
i have a 2g sim which is not 3g activated which has gsm signal
reception of 70% ,does it means that i will also get 3g signal
of 70% when activated.

Big Stack

Broken In
Samsung 16gb class 6 using without any problems for last 2 weeks, costs 1100 , writing speed averages around 10mbps
Copied files from old memory card, and initial problems went away :)

maddy1205

bloody hell mate!!!!
guys i need help..

today i finally decided to apply custom rom on my defy...went through the tutorials at xda..but i dont know what happened..the phone wont start!!

1.Download superoneclick
2.In your mobile. Settings->Applications->Development (check USB debugging on)
3.Connect your phone to PC. Open superoneclick ->Click ROOT. Thats it your phone is rooted.
4.Restart your mobile.
5.Download 2nd init from android market. install the 2nd init recovery. It will ask the superuser permission Accept it.
6.Uncheck the USB debugging from Settings->Applications->Development and restart the phone now.

i did everthing correctly till step 6....then when i rebooted..it wont boot!!!!
the motorola logo would appear followed by black screen followed by logo and so on..when i press volume down the following screen would appear!!

[URL=*imageshack.us/photo/my-images/442/img0332zt.jpg/][IMG]*img442.imageshack.us/img442/4156/img0332zt.jpg[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

AhamBrahmasmi

i had the same issue today...

just flashed back with RDS Lite... there's no other option

its safe.. !!!

@Artria -

Can u suggest me a good Gingerbread Rom with
Good Battery Backup,
720 Video Playback
Good Performance and Camera

Rom manager didnt help really its saying CWM recovery not available for ur device... how to cook a ROM ?

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
@Artria -
its aritra :p

I am very new to modding, I only installed cm7.1 and that too with 2nd init, not by rom manager, i have heard that miui has better battery backup so is redginger(which saumik is using)

about 720p hd recording it is only possible if you have bayer module camera (red lens)

AhamBrahmasmi

Sorry aritra :)

I mentioned about HD 720 Video Play back, not recording.

MIUI English ROMS is not available via SBF file..

Most of them are .img files ?? !

Confused, With RSDLite we can only flash Service SBF right ?

Top Bottom