Moto Rokr E6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
the great one

the great one

Journeyman
try uninstalling the webcam drivers and after restarting the PC install it again.

Thnks 4 ur advice buddy but the solution was sumthng else , which i got frm sum other forum
actually i am now using a new usb mouse and the webcam wen connected was not getting enough power 4 using it , hence i had 2 remove my mouse in order 2 use webcam feature on my E6
But still i am luking 4 a permanent solution
Anybody there wid a solution??????????

OP
the great one

the great one

Journeyman
@the great one
how to use web cam i never used it before :confused:

Should i have to install yahoo messenger?

Ofcousre u need a messenger to chat via webcam
No need to install any software (sum systems might need it but my system automatically detected and installed the software 4 it) , just open menu in ur e6 click on setup , there u will c "USB Mode" option click on it , den u will c 3 option select "webcam" and "save".
Now connect ur phone using usb data cable wid ur computer , it will detect a webcam and will start installing software 4 it , after dat u can use ur phone as webcam..
If there is still sum problem do let me know

motobuntu

Journeyman
Thnks 4 ur advice buddy but the solution was sumthng else , which i got frm sum other forum
actually i am now using a new usb mouse and the webcam wen connected was not getting enough power 4 using it , hence i had 2 remove my mouse in order 2 use webcam feature on my E6
But still i am luking 4 a permanent solution
Anybody there wid a solution??????????

Still, i'll suggest u try uninstalling. b'coz i use alot of usb devices & no probs at all.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am facing a weird problem with my E6.

Phone goes on restarting. It never comes up.
When I connect it to PC and turn on, it comes up and says "Battery recharging" but no animation for battery, doesn't accept any click on menu or anywhere on the screen and then it turns off completely.

Could this be a firmware corruption?

got it. It's the SIM card that is corrupted.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The problem I am facing is extremely weird. For my phone, if I insert any Vodafone card, it goes on rebooting. Any other card like Airtel/spice are working fine.

motobuntu

Journeyman
The problem I am facing is extremely weird. For my phone, if I insert any Vodafone card, it goes on rebooting. Any other card like Airtel/spice are working fine.

Same thing happens occasionally with my idea sim also, can't figure out what may be the problem, I've not added any new applications or themes recently.

OP
the great one

the great one

Journeyman
The problem faced by u guys (motobuntu & desiibond) , is quite strange!!!!....
No such problem wid me , i hav used vodafone card , now my bro is using my cell wid idea connection still no problems.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yep. Even the vodafone support person was shocked to see that. First he thought that this could be a locked phone to Airtel but then I showed my phone with a BSNL card.

I called up Motorola support and asked for procedure to reinstall firmware but they said that I should take the phone to the support center. Well, why should I travel for 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs to and fro just to reinstall firmware. Did that myself and no more issues.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi!!

I think many moto phones have these type of bugs...

My frnds basic moto phone doesnt work with other sim cards except Vodafone... he got the phone from only std. showrooom, UNIVERcell....

So he is moving to service center now..

Model is C100 i think! :)

krishxbinu

Right off the assembly line
Sorry yaar HE28 , I was busy as my grandpa was ill and i hav 2 wid him in hospital entire day,but now he is fine so can be a part of this thread again .
As for ur query regarding zmplayer and themes .... i tink most answers r already there, motorola fans is theeeeeee best site for modding ur e6.
Anyways i will try 2 still help in every possible manner:-

First of all u need 2 hav a installer which can install .pkg files, for dat first download this file *www.motorolafans.com/forums/local_links.php?action=jump&id=43&catid=10 (13.7 kb) , now connect ur phone wid the computer
this is a winzip file unzip it there will a folder "mpkg installer for E6" open it , there will be a folder .system copy this folder to ur e6 replacing the earlier .system folder(note this will uninstall all the applications u hav installed earlier , but the applications which came loaded wid the phone will remain,, also do make a backup of ur earlier .system folder 2 b on the safer side if anythng goes wrong. .system folder is hidden so u need to set ur folder options in ur computer 2 show hidden files & folder)
now remove ur phone frm computer & restart ur phone.
There wld be a lot of new icons in main menu of ur phone.
Now download *www.motorolafans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3412&d=1175104097
Unzip the file and copy .pkg into ur phones memory card ,disconnect the phone frm computer and go to the .pkg file u just copied , keep ur stylus on it until a pop up menu appears , click open with in the menu and now select mpkg installer (also check the box below "always use this program 2 open this kind of files") and ok. It will ask for ur confirmation click ok and the installation will begin , may b u hav 2 restart ur phone after installation.
For themes will tell u later hav 2 go sumwhere cya tc........

Hi the great one, I'm new here...cm in search of a media player for my RokrE6, I tried ur above instructions..and wen i finally open the player i see nothing but a blue screen with menu and nothing happens!...pls help! Or let me know if there is any update cos I only have real player on this cell! Thanks!

Pramit

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys,

Is there any java application available which can play mpg,avi or wmv files on E6?

Thanks

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
EZX player, which was already discussed here b4.... is better than zm player...

so try that instead of zm....!

Nothing to fear for installing .pkg files...

:):)

OFF topic: @ coolg5: Hi gaurav... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom