Moto Rokr E6

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
Yes it does take time to charge fully. Also the battery indicator only has three bars so you can't be sure if the phone is fully charged or on the brink of 2/3 charge.(hope i can made myself clear)
Once fully charged the indicator never falls below 2/3 mark with half an hour of charging daily. I use it for 2-2.5 hours of music playback while commuting and gaming.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Regarding battery...

It wl take maximum of 2 hrs to charge to its full.... s, a little more time only..

But the battery doesnt come more than 24hrs for me... i wl b charging daily... and if i listen to music in speakers for sometime.. then i hv to charge it again the same evening.. :(

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
thanks for the info,
another question....... anyone using this phone for GPRS in pc?? hows the download speed??

OP
the great one

the great one

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me about E6 battery backup? Heard that its not good enough and takes more than 4 hours to full charge.

No it does not takes 4 hrs for complete charging, mine takes not more den 2 1/2 hours to charge wid completely drained out battery.
And one full recharge of battery , for me lasts for not less den 2 days.

He28

Still learning...
Hi all....
No posting for long....!!
Where are you guys??
:confused:
desiibond, the great one, Ganeshkumar....!!!!

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi...

Got busy in my work... :(

and i got a 2GB card in lieu of my 1GB card... :):)

I already hv chennai map.. i hv to copy bangalore map tooo... and any other new s/w available... ?
i hv to chk motofans...

& how r u, He28, greatone, hitbox, desibond? ?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Guys Im about to buy this E6 Vanilla version. Though its been quite a while its released; it still rocks. :D

These are the PROS I can see of this phone;
1. Touchscreen Multimedia (PDA?) Phone at an affordable price.
2. Many features to boast of.
3. Fair enough music.
4. Moddable to an extent. :neutral:

The CONS that I see.
1. Buggy problems come now and then.
2. Battery drains a bit quick.
3. Earpiece quality while talking is muffled. (Correct me if I am wrong.)
4. The paintwork wears off soon.

And there is one more thing that I cannot put in any category.
People say that as the phone is Linux/Java; so its great. Yes, I use Linux in my desktop. But I fail to see WHAT GOOD HAS LINUX DONE TO THIS PHONE?
I mean symbian has a hell lotta more apps at a competent price. Windows Mobile rules the high end scenario. But I fail to see many apps for this phone. JAVA apps will work of course. But as this phone is part linux; I expected bigger apps like OpenOffice.org, GIMP, (lighter versions of course :) ) etc to work on it. WHICH IS NOT THE CASE!!! So guys this is a mixed bag. I also heard that Motorola, though licencing it under GPL; havent given out the source code, is it true? :confused: I need an EXPERIENCED reply on this one, guys. :neutral:

Regards;
IronMan.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Hey everyone....

I am buying this very soon as my v3i is showing hiccups... and i dont want to buy the n96 for 36k now..... (Nokia, u got to be kidding me... :|)

so yea its a temp phone but will enjoy it

He28

Still learning...
Hi guys.
desiibond, the great one, Ganeshkumar
Where are you guys...??

I need your help.
Please help me... facing issue with QEZplayer. When I install QEZplayer it works good. When I restart my phone, it stops working. Then after some days it starts working good again. I dont know what 'chemical reaction' takes place inmy E6 that 'reactivates' QEZ again. Do you have any fix?

Please suggest some good .flv player and help me with links/steps to install it.
Thanks

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi... :)

I joined a company.. and me going busy.. no time to spend in other activities.. :(

Is the player closes automatically??
In mine too.. similar prob was there... i read in a thread like...
goto setting and change font size.. it will work fine..
i tried it and its working...

but sometimes rarely that too in vain.. :(

He28

Still learning...
I tried that...
It is not working....
Do we have any good flv player...?
@ Ganeshkumar.... how to install map of Delhi??

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
^^
oh! :(

To install offline maps to ur phone..
goto this site and first *www.mapcacher.com/
and generate map file of the area u needed with the corresponding zoom level

then,

with this .map file install gmapmaker (download from here, *www.mgmaps.com/cache/) and generate map tiles through it..

copy this output map tiles to ur memory card and u hv to do some minor hacks in ur registry of installed mgmaps to work it in offline mode..

Step by step on how to do.. will be available in motofans forum chk it outHe28.. :)

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
I too had the problem when I had E6.
QEZX Player did not open the files when i changed the font size of explorer or installed a new theme.
for every theme I had to find the right font size, small medium etc. before i functioned properly.
may be this is becuase the program did not have its own user interface and depended on the native browser of the phone and any change in it rendered it use less.

shayad aap ke saath bhi yehi pareshaani ho.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
my bhaiya gave him his rockr e6 today lolz suggest me some appz for it.. and how to mod it.. ???

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
can anyone tell me more about modding moto rokr e6?
I read tutorials at modmymoto and motofan but they seem complicated and confusing.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
can anyone tell me more about modding moto rokr e6?
I read tutorials at modmymoto and motofan but they seem complicated and confusing.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi...

I think u can go through the sticky threads in motorola fans.com forum... in it, E6 sub forum... it will tell u all from basic... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom