Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdx_halo

In the zone
Price cut is clearly due to xiaomi effect. And yes to pave the way for Moto G2 which will be priced higher. So the price cut actually has 2 benefits for Motorola. Give Xiaomi competition and clearing the 14k-17k price segment for Moto G2.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
trick question, Moto G got updated to 4.4.2 and not 4.2.2.

Now I see why it seemed so specious at first. That 4.2.2 just didn't look right. I think KitKat is 4.4.x so maybe 4.2.x is somewhere between JellyBean and ICS. Hmm....so #FailKart went wrong

Price cut is clearly due to xiaomi effect. And yes to pave the way for Moto G2 which will be priced higher. So the price cut actually has 2 benefits for Motorola. Give Xiaomi competition and clearing the 14k-17k price segment for Moto G2.

I'm keeping fingers crossed. They better come up with an improved version instead playing that cheap card especially when Xiaomi has kicked up a storm lately

rish1

Cyborg Agent

moto g2 is expected to be cheaper than g , Maybe that's why they are using outdated hardware in G2 as per the leaks

- - - Updated - - -

trick question, Moto G got updated to 4.4.2 and not 4.2.2.

typo by the user

ankush28

Bazinga
No its not an exchange deal.. the deal is live now ..

just go to flipkart and buy

I already have one :p

The feeling of using phone which I can actually use with one hand is great! Forget that in Mi3. Possibly biggest 5" phone(due to those bezels )
I can see bright future of compact phones :cool::mrgreen:

kaelthas

Broken In
I wanted to buy Zenfone 5 8gb but it was out of stock. Also many flipkart users were complaining of very poor battery life in Zenfone 5. After waiting for a week (its still out of stock!) ordered Moto G. ASUS is losing customers by trying to sell its 16gb version.

Phone and Motorola white grip cover arrived today (all for 12.5k!) Its my first smartphone. Updated to kitkat andriod 4.4.4 today itself. Phone looking and running great :D Only problem is fingerprints are showing when screen is off. Do you think getting a screen guard will help? Which brand is best?

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I wanted to buy Zenfone 5 8gb but it was out of stock. Also many flipkart users were complaining of very poor battery life in Zenfone 5. After waiting for a week (its still out of stock!) ordered Moto G. ASUS is losing customers by trying to sell its 16gb version.

Phone and Motorola white grip cover arrived today (all for 12.5k!) Its my first smartphone. Updated to kitkat andriod 4.4.4 today itself. Phone looking and running great :D Only problem is fingerprints are showing when screen is off. Do you think getting a screen guard will help? Which brand is best?
Gadgetshieldz I think so

ankush28

Bazinga

Use 3-4 days you will not face fingerprint issues later :p - This happened with me.

Generally I won't recommend using screen guard for Moto G. :)

ankush28

Bazinga
Good news moto users... Google patched voice recognition bug in "Search" app, which causes instability on moto phones running 4.4.4.

APK- com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-2(2)

ashs1

Padawan
it seems moto G will get it.
Motorola confirms Moto X and G will get Android L - GSMArena.com news

Does motoG support OTG on the latest firmware ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom