Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkkrish

Broken In
One thing I can say, it's fast.

I am installing like 10 apps at the same time. Watching youtube videos, Google Play open, browsing the web, taking pictures and I doing most of this at the same time. No lags whatsoever.

No KitKat update yet...(we all know, but still...)

Just checked Flipkart... 70% discount for my RED Flip cover has been applied and now it shows Rs.480. Hoping they ship the cover quickly as well.

here's a pic of real racing 3 on Moto G: IMG_20140207_165500.jpg

Last edited:

anky

Youngling
One thing I can say, it's fast.

I am installing like 10 apps at the same time. Watching youtube videos, Google Play open, browsing the web, taking pictures and I doing most of this at the same time. No lags whatsoever.

No KitKat update yet...(we all know, but still...)

Just checked Flipkart... 70% discount for my RED Flip cover has been applied and now it shows Rs.480. Hoping they ship the cover quickly as well.

here's a pic of real racing 3 on Moto G:View attachment 13527

there is a method on updating to kitkat on xda...u can check that...and hows the gaming performance..and camera quality..?

arkkrish

Broken In
there is a method on updating to kitkat on xda...u can check that...and hows the gaming performance..and camera quality..?

I will wait for KitKat update.

Gaming is awesome. So far, I have played Real Racing 3, Plants Vx Zombies 2, Frontline commando and the usual suspects like Subway surfer, temple run 2, fruit ninja... all works great. no stutters, no lags. I played these game while I was downloading other apps from the play store and I haven't used any task killers yet.

Camera: Some snaps below.

IMG_20140207_171421895.jpg
IMG_20140207_171512983.jpg
IMG_20140207_171436656_HDR.jpg

PS: I'm not that good at taking photos.

amjath

Human Spambot
For file manager get this
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1523691
[APP][2.0+] Mi File Explorer V4.2.6
Free on xda, premium on play store but same dev

One of the best UI

invisiblebond

Journeyman
Moto G (Black, with 16 GB) Back in Stock Soon. Ships in 10 to 20 days

*www.flipkart.com/moto-g/p/itmdsmbxcrm9wy8r

//MOD Edit
Do not use affiliate links

Last edited:

abhijitsb306

Broken In
Got my Moto G delivered today afternoon :)

Is it true that old SIM cards cannot be cut into micro SIM?

I went to Airtel center to covert my 8 year old SIM to micro SIM. The guy told that mine is an old SIM and cannot be cut and I need to get new micro SIM. I feel that they are trying to make quick money selling new SIM card

I don't want to wait 24-48 hrs for the new micro SIM to be activated

ankush28

Bazinga
Got my Moto G delivered today afternoon :)

Is it true that old SIM cards cannot be cut into micro SIM?

I went to Airtel center to covert my 8 year old SIM to micro SIM. The guy told that mine is an old SIM and cannot be cut and I need to get new micro SIM. I feel that they are trying to make quick money selling new SIM card

I don't want to wait 24-48 hrs for the new micro SIM to be activated

I cant tell anything about old sims, but mostly it should work.

Here in mumbai airtel charges 25rs for both converting or replacing.
replacing takes 1 day.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Doesn't quite looks so. Try comparing ZR(quad core) with SP(dual core) and you'll spot the difference. Asphalt 7 stutters on SP, but not on the newer ZR though both sport an Adreno 320. I don't think the CPU is out of the equation. Besides, both have comparable screens. One is only slightly better(ZR) than the other(SP), yet there is a difference in gaming performance(CPU)

that's because of ROM and not CPU..

check the answer given by developer on second page..

Xperia SP Games lags a lot - Support forum

When it comes to gaming CPU Does Not matter at ALL

Asphlat 8 Runs smoothly on Xperia SP ..
There should be no bottleneck meaning the CPU should be powerful enough to handle GPU.. but a powerful CPU will not help in better gaming performance..
and there is no Bottleneck in Smartphones because the CPU + GPU combo is decided by Chipmaker, whereas it matters in PC because CPU and GPU is assembled By users..

you will not find Adreno 320/Adreno 330 with Cortex A5/A7 cpu..

So if you are looking for gaming only and only look at the GPU

sksundram

In the zone
C'mon yaar...go to any mobile repair shop. He will cut ur sim @ fair cost. No need to run to airtel office.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Ya some SIMs cannot be cut but luckily for me this wasn't the case. Both my SIMs from DoCoMo and Vodafone were cut by the guy at the eZone from where I got my Nexus 5. Plus I didn't throw away the cut-out piece & I use it as an adapter on my Galaxy Note.

anky

Youngling
is anyone planning to use screen guard or gorilla glass 3 really is such scratch proof that we don't need any separate guard for screen..?

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
^^wondering the same..
i just noticed two bubbles on the screen(inside):shock:, never saw this kind of thing, will post some pics(charging the camera battery now:wah:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom