Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankush28

Bazinga
>No usb cable
>crap earphone (I dont care, I've skullcandy ink'd)
>500 mA charger( :/ )

All useless accessories. :lol:

Can i use my old GalaxyY's 1.5Amp charger?

Piyush

Lanaya
Aww man... just came to know that there is no SD card slot for these 2 variants. And I was almost ready to place an order this weekend. :(

anky

Youngling
Yay! Finally received (power of in-a-day guarantee)....

First impressions.

1) In the box: Phone, headset (like the SAMSUNG one in white), charger (like APPLE but no detachable USB), User manual

2) Looks smaller (I was using Canvas 2 and Xperia L.)

3) 12.92GB available

4) Feels good and sturdy in hand.

View attachment 13521

More pics to follow......

nice pic man..add some more pics for us pls...and that plastic film still says 'a google company'...:p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Aww man... just came to know that there is no SD card slot for these 2 variants. And I was almost ready to place an order this weekend. :(

Phone was in news since November, how could you have missed that there is no microSD card slot. But you shouldn't back out just because of this. Its a total vfm phone at the given price.

Piyush

Lanaya
Phone was in news since November, how could you have missed that there is no microSD card slot. But you shouldn't back out just because of this. Its a total vfm phone at the given price.

I already was using Lumia 520 and since I'm not a avid mobile user, I didnt care to check news. But recently my mom told me that she needs to buy new phone as the one she has right now is almost dead. So I was checking new phones recently and came across this.

To be honest I think that 8gb/ 16gb will be enough. But I heard this a lot that on an Android phone, your space will be filled up son and you wont have any hint regarding that.

arkkrish

Broken In
Got a problem. Below is the thread i posted in XDA forum.

I just received my Moto G 16GB. The phone is grate. But I have two main issues that just makes the phone useless.

1) I can't seem to find a File Manager. When I connect the phone to PC via USB cable, I can see a list of folders like audio, video, download, Android, etc.. But in the phone I don't know how to access them. Below are the only apps I have on my Moto G.

Screen 1: see attachment screen1

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2: see attachment screen 2

Screen 2.jpg

2) My office wifi has a security setting in which I have to enter both my username and password to connect. When I connect my Moto G to the office wifi network, it asks for the username and I can enter it. But the password field is shown only half. I can't enter the password. See the image. I can't scroll down. Please help with these issues.

see attachment wifi

Wifi.jpg

Anyone know the solution??????

ankush28

Bazinga
Congratulations To the early Buyers :D Hope you guys post the Reviews soon.

Yes I'll post full review in 2 days... will do some tests first ;)

I just received my Moto G 16GB. The phone is grate. But I have two main issues that just makes the phone useless.

1) I can't seem to find a File Manager. When I connect the phone to PC via USB cable, I can see a list of folders like audio, video, download, Android, etc.. But in the phone I don't know how to access them. Below are the only apps I have on my Moto G.

View attachment 13522

View attachment 13523

2) My office wifi has a security setting in which I have to enter both my username and password to connect. When I connect my Moto G to the office wifi network, it asks for the username and I can enter it. But the password field is shown only half. I can't enter the password. See the image. I can't scroll down. Please help with these issues.

see attachment wifi

View attachment 13524

1. install ES file explorer ;) simple!( Also try solid explorer. I've both). *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
2. Describe more! Didnt got you. If possible post WiFi options screenshot.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent

View attachment 13522

View attachment 13523

see attachment wifi

View attachment 13524

1) You have play store, you can download ES file explorer. But for that you need to connect to your office wi-fi
2) After typing your username try swiping up, though I am not sure if that is how it is supposed to be.

arkkrish

Broken In
1. Can't install file explorer without connecting to wifi. Have to go home and enable 3G data. But I don't have a micro SIM yet.

2. wifi in my workplace requires me to enter both username and password. I can enter the username but not the password. The Password label is there, but I can't get to the text box to enter the password. I did swiping up and everything but no luck. I can connect to the wifi in my home though. It requires only password. See the images.

wifi2.jpg
Wifi.jpg

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ What happens after you press connect? Does it ask for password then or simply not connect?

arkkrish

Broken In
^^ What happens after you press connect? Does it ask for password then or simply not connect?

Nope, just goes back to the username text box.

finally enabled 3g in my xperia l and tethered the connection. Downloaded wifi manager in my Moto G. I am able to connect to my office wifi using wifi manager now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom