1. Budget?
<rs 15000

2. Display type and size?
No preference.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Slate, I guess

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No. Not Motorola

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing
camera. -
Should have a flash. Higher Mbps doesn't mean it's a good camera. Should have a decent camera.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android. How good is Bada?

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
No preference.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Should be able to use simple apllications like Talking tom etc. , listeningsongs and may be watching some videos.Mainly for Internet and Documnet viewing(/editing), I haven't come across many who do that on phone.:(

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
No

12. Any other info that you want to share
As i siad earlier ,I haven't come across many who do Documnet viewing(/editing on phone.How good(or bad) is the expreience of documnet viewing in Phone?

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
Also consider Neo V.. It has gr8 display,camera,music quality,TV out, Andriod 4.0 will be coming in a month or 2..
The issue i feel with Neo V is it heats alot while watching Full HD content or while some CPU intense apps..
Battery backup is around 1.5 days

sujoyp

Grand Master
similar heating issue with omnia w too...and takes 6-7 hrs to charge full...drains off battery in full day at normal usage

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
If you can go slightly above 15k then go with SE Neo V or choose SE Live with Walkman or Moto Defy+.....

sujoyp

Grand Master
Omnia W 's super AMOLED screen is superb...but there r still lot of restrictions in WP7.5

Neo

As suggested by others.
Strictly under budget : If you want android then live with Walkman. Else get Omnia W, Great phone, great display, great everything. Live with Walkman 's small screen will suck.

Slightly above your budget : Neo V. Get it only if you want android, else Omnia W is better.

Neo

WP is a better OS than android. Android only gets good with ICS. Even high end phones like sgs2 hangs something. I haven't seen any hang in even mid segment WP. So I will suggest the Op to go for a WP.

chrissammy7

Right off the assembly line
1. Budget?
<rs 15000

2. Display type and size?
No preference.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Slate, I guess

4. Preferred choice of brand?
No. Not Motorola

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing
camera. -
Should have a flash. Higher Mbps doesn't mean it's a good camera. Should have a decent camera.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android. How good is Bada?

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G and Wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
No preference.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Should be able to use simple apllications like Talking tom etc. , listeningsongs and may be watching some videos.Mainly for Internet and Documnet viewing(/editing), I haven't come across many who do that on phone.:(

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
No

12. Any other info that you want to share
As i siad earlier ,I haven't come across many who do Documnet viewing(/editing on phone.How good(or bad) is the expreience of documnet viewing in Phone?

You have pretty easy task here... :wink: Smartphone Which satisfies all the specifications that you've mentioned above is
SONY ERICSSION XPERIA MINI PRO..
Cute lookin..Powerful...and covers all the areas above..
Its under 15000 in Flipkart...and Can be upgraded to ICS 4.0 in coming months...I think its the Best fit for you...

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
WP is a better OS than android. Android only gets good with ICS. Even high end phones like sgs2 hangs something. I haven't seen any hang in even mid segment WP. So I will suggest the Op to go for a WP.

WP is a gr8 OS but i think this is not the ryt tym to invest in WP IMO... it has limited app store, too much dependency on Zune, problem in bluetooth transfer..

and Neo will soon have an ICS update in a month or two..

aroraanant

Explorer
There are numerous of thready where the same thing have been discussed, so I suggest you to please make use of the search button which is there on the top of the page before creating a new thread

Apart from that,here is the answer to your query:
If you can extend your budget then get Neo V for 16-17k
Or simply get Live With Walkman for 13-13.5k
And if you want simple and nice UI with less apps and games then get Omnia W
Also if you can wait for sometime then there are new phones which are gonna come up hopefully by the end of April and the prices of the current phones will also decrease then

sujoyp

Grand Master
Omnia W will get the next WP update...and marketplace is allright...u can find all required applications and games there...no issues in that

I didnt consider NeoV coz SonyEricsson is over ...and sony is comming up with its own lineup...donno whats the future of SE phones

ajaymailed

In the zone
There are numerous of thready where the same thing have been discussed, so I suggest you to please make use of the search button which is there on the top of the page before creating a new thread

Apart from that,here is the answer to your query:
If you can extend your budget then get Neo V for 16-17k
Or simply get Live With Walkman for 13-13.5k
And if you want simple and nice UI with less apps and games then get Omnia W
Also if you can wait for sometime then there are new phones which are gonna come up hopefully by the end of April and the prices of the current phones will also decrease then
does Live with Walkman have lot competition at 13K price range like Wildfire S, Galaxy Ace, Optimus Hub etc.

aroraanant

Explorer
Wildfire S and other phones can't be compared to Live With Walkman, Live With Walkman is far better, it has 1GHz processor and very good specs and the display is also pretty good while the other phone lacks the same

masterkd

Padawan
Windows phones are good..only con IMO is too much dependency on Zune and also IIRC doesn't support Java!!!

Top Bottom