Mobile within Rs 15000

ajaymailed

In the zone
Wildfire S and other phones can't be compared to Live With Walkman, Live With Walkman is far better, it has 1GHz processor and very good specs and the display is also pretty good while the other phone lacks the same
my quibbling is about the size of the display. Its display size & resolution is same as 8K phone like HTC Explorer. I am not sure how it has better display than Wildfire S & other Phones, are you talking about Bravia Engine?

good news BTW, Rediff.com is selling Walkman @ 11.5K.
Buy Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman

Getting 1 Ghz ARM V7, 5 MP 720P at that price is attractive. But how much difference in performance in Cortex-A and ARM11.
Omnia w. You get ms office with WP.
Android office app is simple. Does WP office app have more features?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
my quibbling is about the size of the display. Its display size & resolution is same as 8K phone like HTC Explorer. I am not sure how it has better display than Wildfire S & other Phones, are you talking about Bravia Engine?

good news BTW, Rediff.com is selling Walkman @ 11.5K.
Buy Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman

Getting 1 Ghz ARM V7, 5 MP 720P at that price is attractive. But how much difference in performance in Cortex-A and ARM11.

Obviously the size of the display of both the phones is same, and for your knowledge I would like to tell you LWW doesn't have a Bravia Engine, though technically the resolution of both phones is also same but the screen of LWW is little better than Explorer, and also LWW has already got the ICS update or will soon get it.
LWW has got a better processor and better camera and also a front facing camera for skype and video chat.
Explorer is an amazing phone at a cost of just 8k
And the one selling at Rediff is with dealer warranty, no manufacturer warranty, you can get the same and that too may be @ a lower price also at ebay.
The difference will be there, I suggest you to visit a local store and experience/check the same.

Last edited:
OP
A

aniketana

Broken In
Thanks all for your time and replies.

Still not decided either to go for Windows phone or Android.
From all your replies what I understood:
Office suite and bigger screen- advantage Windows
Good camera (SE LWW), lots of 'free' application - advantage Android.

Will wait for new Sony releases before taking final call.

There are numerous of thready where the same thing have been discussed, so I suggest you to please make use of the search button which is there on the top of the page before creating a new thread

Sorry I read most of the threads before creaing one. I wanted buying advice from Office use perspective. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
also remember 1 more thing...u can not simply copy word ,ppt, pdf in the windows mobile to view it...u have either sent to mail and download it on mobile or u have to use skydive online storage system to store data and retrive from it..

This is a big minus point i can say...u can although create office documents on the mobile

OP
A

aniketana

Broken In
Thanks Sujoy.

You meant to say the documents can't be transferred to computer directly. :(

hm.. that's a big minus point.

aroraanant

Explorer
Is that true sujay???
I had a windows 6.1 HTC phone but this was not there.
And now when windows has come with the upgraded version,there are a lot of cons.. :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yes its true..We can neither copy documents to the mobile nor transfer it from mobile...we have to access it from emails or ms SkyDrive...its easy to do that way but it would be lot easier of we could directly transfer it to mobile

OP
A

aniketana

Broken In
The phone I was using started giving too many problems. So bought the phone form SUlekha.com for rs 13093. Booked on 14th and got it delivered today with the bill ( 4 days) :cool: and a free head set. :thumbs:

Intial impression - Tough to open back panel (not sophisticated ),good sound quality, and impressive camera.

Thank you guys, thanks for your infomed suggestions .:thumbs:

Top Bottom