Mobile as Webcam

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Hey, U can use many softwares, such as Mobiola Webcam, etc. But most are the paid versions. You will have to shell out in order to use these softwares. Alternatively, you can use SmartCam, which is a free app from SourceForge. You can download it from www.sourceforge.net/projects/smartcam
It's good, free, and moreover you can install it on any mobile phone which supports MIDP 1.1, or 2.0 i.e. Java.:idea::smile:

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
But many have said that this mobile has S40 OS, while the above mentioned softwares only work with S60 mobiles..

nims11

BIOS Terminator
try mobiola which is a java based app to turn ur mobile camera to web cam
Mobiola WebCam (Java) - Download

its a 7day trial.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Mobiola works for sure...I have tried it...although (for some reason) it made my mobile a little hotter! It has many choices BTW...you can rotate image, flip it, adjust grayscale settings etc. good s/w

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I suppose that many guys are somewhat ignorant about Mobiola WebCam. Officially Warelex Mobiola Webcam does not support J2ME, MIDP. Even I didn't find one supported by a mobile phone running on Java. So, I fear that mobiola webcam is not suported by a java enabled mobile phone. Plz check the official mobiola website, rather than poking nose into some third party websites. Applications / Mobiola Web Camera -- use mobile phone as webcam :: WARELEX
After all the developer/vendor knows the thing best.
If you are having queries about the softwares I told about in my previous post, rest assured and use SmartCam. It's Java version is also available @ SmartCam | Download SmartCam software for free at SourceForge.net. The best feature of SmartCam is that it's under GNU License, so you have to shell out nothing for using this piece of software. And if you are very much impressed by the software, you can make some donations! I am using one on my 5320 XM, and even on my LG KG300 and believe me, it's just like Mobiola webcam, but just lacks some of the premium features such as effects, and the ability to rotate the input from your camera, and I suppose very few people use these features.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I suppose that many guys are somewhat ignorant about Mobiola WebCam. Officially Warelex Mobiola Webcam does not support J2ME, MIDP. Even I didn't find one supported by a mobile phone running on Java. So, I fear that mobiola webcam is not suported by a java enabled mobile phone. Plz check the official mobiola website, rather than poking nose into some third party websites.

My mistake. I should have checked beforehand that Supernova 7210 is Series 40 5th Edition FP1 running handset. Mobiola does not support the handset so no point in advising that s/w to OP.
So smartcam is the way to go :)

Top Bottom