Microsoft Shows Official Windows 7 Box Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simple and clean.

Last month, Polish website CentrumXP posted several box shots of Windows 7. We weren’t sure if they were just mockups or just very exclusive and early leaks – but it turns out that they were on the money.

On Microsoft’s Store is a preview page for Windows 7. While pricing remains a mystery, it seems that the boxes will look something like this:

*media.bestofmicro.com/Z/Q/213830/original/Picture%202.png

*media.bestofmicro.com/J/J/210655/original/win7_ult.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/J/K/210656/original/win7_pro.jpg

*media.bestofmicro.com/J/L/210657/original/win7_hp.jpg

courtesy of CentrumXP.pl.

What do you think of Microsoft's multiple SKUs of Windows 7? Do you think Microsoft should just sell one consumer version of Windows for one flat price?

source : *www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-7-box-art-retail,8025.html

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Boxes look cool. I see, there is not four diff. color in dat windows symbol!!!
Why?

And, selling one product in flat rate is never gonna happen. Its a business strategy and a lot companies irrespective of domain (s/w, electronics etc.) follow it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
MS seems desperate. they are counting too much on win7 release on june 2010. But i think it deserves the hype.
they re goin nuts and started designing boxes, wallpapers etc....lol

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Since Windows 95, every windows release comes with lot of hype, waiting, testing, jokes.

This time, it's not hype. It's like everyone is waiting for "The best OS ever made by MS" to hit shelves. Thanks to MS, they didn't promise too many things and whetever they gave works like a charm.

I hope Windows 7 comes cheap. Unlike Windows Vista, this one is not a totally new OS. Its more of a fixed version of windows vista so its real name should have been Windows 6.1 since Vista is windows 6.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
I hope Windows 7 comes cheap. Unlike Windows Vista, this one is not a totally new OS. Its more of a fixed version of windows vista so its real name should have been Windows 6.1 since Vista is windows 6.
+100
Even the boot screen shows the old VIsta 1 many times in Win 7 RC :roll:
Its more like improvement & every1 can expect a few changes with these improvement

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
the only thing i feel bad is, win 7 is being released even bofore the lifetime of vista. what would be it like for those who have purchased vista or got with lappy's or systems ?
MS alteast shud bring plans of discount for vista customers.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Truly said. I bought vista home premium x64 on nov 2008. I think M$ should release some upgrade plan @ discount rate for users like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom