Microsoft Announces Availability of Windows 7 Beta and Windows Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Anyone installed the 32bit version here? I am getting a weird error, check @ *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1032931&postcount=17

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
finally got mine. now just waiting for monday so that i will complete my download, have a system upgrade and install windows 7.

red_devil

Back!
EDIT :

after the 5th key, all the next keys that i'm getting are the ones that i got earlier... just the order differs...

anyone else getting that error which @debsuvra is getting ??

i dont wanna waste any bandwidth in downloading that OS only to find that 32 bit install doesn't happen properly !!

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
^ arrey yaar , just use the site that someone gave in the 4th page or something [not the VG's site...its some other site...]

use the info on that n get the keys easily.. [ i got it on my first attempt.. luck ? i dont know :p ]

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Pals, thr is no sidebar, how to enable it

What did u use to burn that ISO? :confused:

Noobish question I know, but almost everything did not work in my case. Every app is burning the disk but it is not bootable. I checked the image integrity with it's MD5 and it is just OK. I can't get the problem here. :(

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@DebSuvra...
I directly mounted the ISO with Daemon, and began installing it...i know thats little foolish coz it might have asked for Disk later, but it didnt ask...everything is fine save this sidebar thing

redhat

Mad and Furious
took me 2 days of hard work, but finally i found a Windows 7 genuine key!!
2 days i couldnt find even 1.. now that i got it, i got 4 license keys!!!
Kudos to Vishal Gupta and all the others who helped... :D

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Abt the sidebar...found the solution in help section :D
"
What happened to Windows Sidebar?
[This content is preliminary and subject to change.]

Windows Sidebar isn't included in this version of Windows. Instead, you can display gadgets on your desktop. For more information, see Desktop gadgets: frequently asked questions.
"

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Alright, I've got so many keys that I don't know what to do with them. I just posted 4 on another board and have another three in addition to the two that I've kept for myself. If anyone's still looking for a key, post a request right here and I'll PM it to ya.

Requests via PMs shall not be entertained. I've had to clean my in-box twice over the past couple of weeks and it's not something that I particularly like.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Alright, I've got so many keys that I don't know what to do with them. I just posted 4 on another board and have another three in addition to the two that I've kept for myself. If anyone's still looking for a key, post a request right here and I'll PM it to ya.

Requests via PMs shall not be entertained. I've had to clean my in-box twice over the past couple of weeks and it's not something that I particularly like.

Hey send one over to me too. :)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Now Microsoft has finally updated the official Windows 7 website page with download links. Open following link:

Download Windows 7 Public Beta

Scroll down to bottom and you'll find drop-down boxes to select your language to download Windows 7 beta.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available in 5 languages.

Everything is running fine now and you'll not see any server busy error.

blondie

Broken In
I get to the product key page and nothing happens when I click on Download Now. Firefox does some progress in the status bar and shows done. thats about it, nothing more, no pop-up window or downloads. Clicking Instructions opens in a new tab but not this.

*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/large/13731/bmm.png

using Firefox on Linux.

You need Windows only to download it or what...?

paragkalra

The Linux Man !
@blondie

Same here...Using Firefox on Ubuntu 8.10...nothing happens after clicking "Download Now"....

Jesus Christ...when will Microsoft grow up...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom