MicroMax Yu Yureka discussion thread

rish1

Cyborg Agent
well just logged in and was surprised to see this news .. never thought micromax could come up with such a phone.. :shock:

*images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/YU-YUREKA.jpg

Micromax YU Yureka Specifications

- 5.5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3

- Android 4.4.4 KitKat based Cyanogen OS 11s, Monthly software updates

- Snapdragon 615 Octa core processor, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM

- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony Exmor sensor) with a LED flash, 1080p video recording

- 5-megapixel secondary camera

- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)

- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS

2,500 mAh battery, hand-crafted leather back panel as free gift

Price: Rs 8,999 + Onsite warranty

rooting won't void warranty , bootloader is unlocked + source code will be made available

It will be available exclusively on Amazon.in and registrations will start on December 19th at 2PM. It goes on sale in the second week of January 2015. It will only be available online.

Last edited:

arkkrish

Broken In
Re: Xiaomi Killer -- Micromax Yu discussion thread !!

Free replacement or repair at doorstep. That's new for Micromax. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

YU Mobiles | YU Smartphone, Cyanogen Smartphone, YUREKA Mobile, YU Play God

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Y U NO make 4.5 inchers 720p resolution phones, i feel thats the perfect size for a phone, not a slab of glass

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

lol 720p for 5.5 inches............... good luck with that..............

and 2500 mah batter with 4g???? good god save the buyers...............

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

that equates to 270 PPI .. that's not bad at all , 1080p on phones is just for marketing without much practical significance..

on the contrary it will help in giving much better GPU performance and longer battery life ..

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

thinking its more important for mobiles to have higher resolution than say a tv
you look at a tv from far away, hold your phone much closer to eyes. If the individual pixels are visible, it's no fun. You don't look at a TV from so close up, or you can see the individual pixels.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

thinking its more important for mobiles to have higher resolution than say a tv
you look at a tv from far away, hold your phone much closer to eyes. If the individual pixels are visible, it's no fun. You don't look at a TV from so close up, or you can see the individual pixels.

this and @op calling this phone xiaomi killer......... i dnt even know what to say(all this hate cause u dnt have one)...........

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

great specs for the price!
now why would you get a 1080p phone for 10k ?

All the good 1080ps retail for 20k, Wait for the display price to drop.

May be MMX will launch a new phone for 20k, with Snapdragon 810 and 1080p.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

this and @op calling this phone xiaomi killer......... i dnt even know what to say(all this hate cause u dnt have one)...........

rofl man are you serious :lol: ? , do you even know redmi note has the same 5.5 inch 720p screen with same PPI ?

270 PPI is fine , you aren't going to spot individual pixels unless you look really close or compare it with 1080p screen .. as long as it is above 250 ppi its good
above 300 ppi it starts to get meaningless with very less noticeable difference even when you look closely .. the difference is marginal between the two from a normal distance and it isn't worth sacrificing GPU power and battery life... galaxy note 2 had the same PPI and there was never a problem of pixelation .. branded 20k+ phones like desire 820 , sony c3,sony t3,grand 2 as well have the same ppi ..

rest its a difference of personal opinion whether one wants to go with the best possible screen with compromised performance or one wants to go with good enough screen with no compromise on performance .. and no, i am no brand hater or lover.. this phone offers more value for the price than redmi note( at least on paper ), hence i called it xiaomi killer .. No phone is perfect, the problem with this phone could be with battery backup on 4g mode.. lets wait for reviews.. at least somebody is challenging xiaomi in sub 10k phones, that's a good thing for us consumers.. the more the competition the better it is and more choices we have.. i would really hope lenovo,xolo,karbonn and other tier 2 and tier 3 brands jump in as well with 1 model each.. this will propel samsung,sony,htc to lower their prices for mid rangers as well... as for me i prefer tier 1 branded phones only

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Let's wait for reviews :punch:

this one is also Amazon Xclusive

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Bloody awesome specs for the price... Add to that Cyanogenmod support... This looks like a winner... :)

But online exclusivity is a bad thing... It should be made available in brick and mortar stores as well to be truly a success...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

even though this is a rebranded Coolpad mobile, but have to say finally a proper smartphone from Micromax.

Qualcomm chipset so there may be long time development. but most likely this one will be replaced by some other model in 6months.
Cortex A53 which should easily beat existing Mediatek octacores (Cortex A7) seen on every second mobile.
Cyanogenmod 11 out of the box and chances are it'll receive CM12 update but long time support is definitely not on the cards. MMX can't afford it. not at this price.
4G is another welcome feature.
lastly the price is just right. even at 9999 this is anyday better than the flood of mobiles currently available from MMX, XOLO, Karbonn, etc.

but display size, battery are definitely not going go well with many. maybe a smaller, less powerful (Snapdragon 410) and cheaper will arrive early next year to take on Redmi 1S.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Whatever it is ,MMX is going for a leap.
At least skeptical persons are wondering and thinking without dismissing the whole of MMX as a crap in one go.
MMX is maturing and evolving on its own way.......................:doublethumb:

Top Bottom