MicroMax Yu Yureka discussion thread

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Xiaomi Killer -- Micromax Yu discussion thread !!

A 5.5"(LCD) 4G phone with 2500mah battery and kitkat(for now I think)?

Lets see the customer reviews shall we:
*24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md04lmEl9u1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

$hadow

Geek in making

But I think this is what was the main reason why they kept 720p screen so as to make it go with small capacity battery.

tkin

Back to school!!

But I think this is what was the main reason why they kept 720p screen so as to make it go with small capacity battery.
You got confused, resolution has nothing to do with battery, except taxing the GPU when gaming. Under normal use the size of the screen is the main battery consumer. Bigger the screen, bigger the battery draw.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

You got confused, resolution has nothing to do with battery, except taxing the GPU when gaming. Under normal use the size of the screen is the main battery consumer. Bigger the screen, bigger the battery draw.

Actually No .. resolution does make a difference keeping other things constant ..

A 720p 5.5 inch screen of same technology vs a 1080p 5.5 inch screen of same technology.. 720p will consume less power

a 1080p screen has more amount of pixels .. so it needs more light to illuminate those extra pixels.. and hence more power consumption ..

then the gpu needs to render and push those extra pixels and it is taxed .. that's why the performance also takes a hit and so more power is required for gpu as well ( even when running UI, gpu is being used to a small degree, in case of cpu rendering it .. then more cpu power will be used ) ..

ofcourse size of the screen plays a bigger role as well.. you won't expect same amount of power consumption from a 5 inch 720p vs 24 inch 720p display...

and even type and technology of Screen will make a difference as well... future 1080p displays will consume less power than 2-3 years old 720p display of same size and type

but for same screen size,tech and type .. a higher resolution screen will consume more power ..

Last edited:

abracadabra

Journeyman

The phone from the review of GadgetsToUse is damn reflective, in sunlight it going to be a total wash out.
For the bashing, if it weren't for MI and OnePlus in todays scenario, Micromax surely would have priced it in the 12K-15K category, looks like the Chinese OEMs are eating too hard on their profits of Indian companies too. If the Chinese could, Indians could have bettered it, but they dont care, Who would want to kill the golden goose these days!!

Micromax still need to improve highly on their customer service front, though to some this may be a hot cake, unless they address that part; there is no success story, I'm not saying either Mi or OnePlus are know by many, other than the tech community, the larger mass still recognise Micromax, but its also synonymous to a lot of horror stories!

- - - Updated - - -

To add , Steve Kondik , seems to be too greedy these days, I appreciate his work; but hate the hasty decisions!!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I quite agree with [MENTION=300899]rish1[/MENTION] 's last 2 comments(am not quoting it because its too long etc etc)
I guess the Yureka was needed so that better quality OEMs such as Moto see it as a threat and improve their own phones further(spec wise) and we consumers get the best out of this
I dont like the whole rebranding thing personally but it seems like a fair phone for those who are willing to take the risk and will act as a benchmark which other OEMs will follow

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Specs seem decent. Not so sure about dev support as its India exclusive rebranded phone which devs rarely buy. would've been better had they launched it in stores too and at the same price as amazon, I would've taken a demo.

- - - Updated - - -

XDA has removed the YU sub forum :confused:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Specs seem decent. Not so sure about dev support as its India exclusive rebranded phone which devs rarely buy. would've been better had they launched it in stores too and at the same price as amazon, I would've taken a demo.

- - - Updated - - -

XDA has removed the YU sub forum :confused:

thats a bad sign,i take it! :O
unless they decided to make it part of the coolpad F2 4G(Yureka is a rebranded F2 4G) section(if its already present)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

they have a new sub-forum

YU Yureka - XDA Forums

I think I'll take risk this time and get it for my sister on launch.

PHOENiX7

Broken In

I am thinking of getting this phone,will it be able to handle Gaming And can I use 64gb microsd?

2500 mah batter feels Wtf! Will it last a day?
My nexus 7 lasts 3.7 hrs while gaming with a 4300 mah battery

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

I am thinking of getting this phone,will it be able to handle Gaming And can I use 64gb microsd?

2500 mah batter feels Wtf! Will it last a day?
My nexus 7 lasts 3.7 hrs while gaming with a 4300 mah battery

My current phone E970 (Liquidsmooth V4 rom based on Android 5.0.1) lasts 34-36 hours on a full charge, 5-5.5 hrs of on screen time, 2100 mAh battery and wifi on 50-60% time

I'm sure it'll last atleast 2 days with ~6-7 hrs of on screen time.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I am contemplating- should I get this or not. I already got Moto g 2014.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

I am contemplating- should I get this or not. I already got Moto g 2014.

if you want something to experiment/play games/music on , then its a good choice as a secondary phone i guess
otherwise you can always root and put CM on your Moto G 2014 to get similiar features

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

if you want something to experiment/play games/music on , then its a good choice as a secondary phone i guess
otherwise you can always root and put CM on your Moto G 2014 to get similiar features

For my mom.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

For my mom.

ohh then i think she would happier with a Lumia or a Moto E,Moto G instead
MMX hasnt exactly been the most reliable company as such and for our parents,its best to give them something easy to operate,repair etc basically no breaking their heads over issues etc
for us ,younger folk, we like to play around,experiment etc so our choices are wider i guess
im thinking of getting a Yu myself just to fiddle around etc with if its worth it
as of now i have a L720,N5 and Z10(yeah i like to try out each os etc from time to time ) :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

ohh then i think she would happier with a Lumia or a Moto E,Moto G instead
MMX hasnt exactly been the most reliable company as such and for our parents,its best to give them something easy to operate,repair etc basically no breaking their heads over issues etc
for us ,younger folk, we like to play around,experiment etc so our choices are wider i guess
im thinking of getting a Yu myself just to fiddle around etc with if its worth it
as of now i have a L720,N5 and Z10(yeah i like to try out each os etc from time to time ) :)

I have ZR and Moto G(dad). I don't wanna buy same phone again. Moto E is sub-par. I want her to use android so no Lumia.
Also, I am buying the HTC Hima before i go to college. xD

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

I have ZR and Moto G(dad). I don't wanna buy same phone again. Moto E is sub-par. I want her to use android so no Lumia.
Also, I am buying the HTC Hima before i go to college. xD

wait for asus zenfone 5 (2015) , its going to launch next month

5 inch 720p screen
8 mp cam
mediatek 6732
1.5ghz Quad core cortex A53
Mali T760 Mp2
2 gb ram
4g

Top Bottom