MicroMax Yu Yureka discussion thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Re: Xiaomi Killer -- Micromax Yu discussion thread !!

Since this device will be only India exclusive (I guess) I think dev support might be issue but I want to see how the device is performing in terms of camera and display. Play the battery life might take a hit coz of big display and lower capacity compared with 1+.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

rofl man are you serious :lol: ? , do you even know redmi note has the same 5.5 inch 720p screen with same PPI ?

270 PPI is fine , you aren't going to spot individual pixels unless you look really close or compare it with 1080p screen .. as long as it is above 250 ppi its good
above 300 ppi it starts to get meaningless with very less noticeable difference even when you look closely .. the difference is marginal between the two from a normal distance and it isn't worth sacrificing GPU power and battery life... galaxy note 2 had the same PPI and there was never a problem of pixelation .. branded 20k+ phones like desire 820 , sony c3,sony t3,grand 2 as well have the same ppi ..

rest its a difference of personal opinion whether one wants to go with the best possible screen with compromised performance or one wants to go with good enough screen with no compromise on performance .. and no, i am no brand hater or lover.. this phone offers more value for the price than redmi note( at least on paper ), hence i called it xiaomi killer .. No phone is perfect, the problem with this phone could be with battery backup on 4g mode.. lets wait for reviews.. at least somebody is challenging xiaomi in sub 10k phones, that's a good thing for us consumers.. the more the competition the better it is and more choices we have.. i would really hope lenovo,xolo,karbonn and other tier 2 and tier 3 brands jump in as well with 1 model each.. this will propel samsung,sony,htc to lower their prices for mid rangers as well... as for me i prefer tier 1 branded phones only

IMO the most successful phone of xiaomi is redmi 1s not note not mi3................... so before saying anything like a company killer phone do full check.......redmi note is just released now compared to 1s which is still selling like crazy..............

As for screen size 5.5 inch phone with that low battery capacity , above all else 4g increasing load on battery..........idk about you when i say phone i mean a device which can atleast last a day without needing to charge every 4-5 hours or so................

- - - Updated - - -

rofl man are you serious :lol: ? , do you even know redmi note has the same 5.5 inch 720p screen with same PPI ?

270 PPI is fine , you aren't going to spot individual pixels unless you look really close or compare it with 1080p screen .. as long as it is above 250 ppi its good
above 300 ppi it starts to get meaningless with very less noticeable difference even when you look closely .. the difference is marginal between the two from a normal distance and it isn't worth sacrificing GPU power and battery life... galaxy note 2 had the same PPI and there was never a problem of pixelation .. branded 20k+ phones like desire 820 , sony c3,sony t3,grand 2 as well have the same ppi ..

rest its a difference of personal opinion whether one wants to go with the best possible screen with compromised performance or one wants to go with good enough screen with no compromise on performance .. and no, i am no brand hater or lover.. this phone offers more value for the price than redmi note( at least on paper ), hence i called it xiaomi killer .. No phone is perfect, the problem with this phone could be with battery backup on 4g mode.. lets wait for reviews.. at least somebody is challenging xiaomi in sub 10k phones, that's a good thing for us consumers.. the more the competition the better it is and more choices we have.. i would really hope lenovo,xolo,karbonn and other tier 2 and tier 3 brands jump in as well with 1 model each.. this will propel samsung,sony,htc to lower their prices for mid rangers as well... as for me i prefer tier 1 branded phones only
yup i know .......... "rofl" as much as u want atleast they provide a decent battery to accompany 5.5 inch screen.........

- - - Updated - - -

xiaomi a new comer to Indian market came and shook all the big companies like samsung and its copier micromax to the core...........

they did the same thing to MMX that MMX did to samsung and samsung did to nokia...............

- - - Updated - - -

btw good luck with 4G in India where as of now 3G itself is not fully implemented in all places with every mobile operators........................

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Qualcomm chipset so there may be long time development. but most likely this one will be replaced by some other model in 6months.
Cortex A53 which should easily beat existing Mediatek octacores (Cortex A7) seen on every second mobile.

Cyanogenmod 11 out of the box and chances are it'll receive CM12 update but long time support is definitely not on the cards. MMX can't afford it. not at this price.

mediatek counterpart is Mt6752 .. mt6752 is slighty faster in cpu than sd 615, while in gpu both are same

adreno 405= mali t760mp2(6752) = adreno 320

so wait for that they have started launching those phones in china, will come to india by next month or so.. soon market will be flooded with mt6732 and mt6752 phones .... even asus zenfone will be using mt6732 this time ..

Trip to GFX Benchmark site reveals switch to MediaTek's 64-bit LTE SoC for next Asus ZenFone

i really hope second wave of android one phones also use mediatek this time because qualcomm counterpart is very weak compared to mediatek.. so there will be good competition from mediatek as well with lots of choices..

regarding support .. rooting doesn't void warranty , and bootloader is unlocked + source code will be made available so expect this to be a massive developer friendly phone even after cyanogenmod drops it after lollipop update

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

People call having "4g a valuable selling point", lets see how many actually uses 4g, IMO if a person is capable of paying for 4g he will go for much reliable brands rather than this..........

kaz

right here

The best phone money can buy for 20k atm..22k is a different story although :p
All those mocking a 720p display lemme remind you that 2years back 5inch plus with 720p was a flagship phone..Yes FLAGSHIP, means people paid 40k for that :)

Its just a 9k phone.. Even those used flagships would cost more..

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz

The resolution is fine for those people who haven't used 1080p, screens
I was able to spot the difference between mY mi3 and redmi 1s immediately
That doesn't mean this is a bad resolution by any means
Main advantage for higher resolution is if you are reading a lot of text, which I do, you will have sharper text and more content can be fit in

Well spec wise this is pretty neat phone, a decent build quality and reasonable camera performance would make this a winner
If the build quality is anywhere near Xiaomi I might actually recommend this
With the price, it's very much clear they are aiming squarely at redmi note
On paper this phone wins it hands down
Now let's see how its gonna fare in reality

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl

The best phone money can buy for 20k atm..22k is a different story although :p
All those mocking a 720p display lemme remind you that 2years back 5inch plus with 720p was a flagship phone..Yes FLAGSHIP, means people paid 40k for that :)

no one mocking 720p display(hell even i have 720p), its about the screen size.......... larger the size more the battery required in the phone, also larger the lesser the ppi u will get.............

cooldude94

Journeyman

The best phone money can buy for 20k atm..22k is a different story although

I think that would be moto x though

cooldude94

Journeyman

The battery life will be a major issue i think only 2500 mah for 5.5 inch phone is too less should have been 3000 minimum.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

looks really nice on paper!!
maybe MMX can change our opinion this time
battery life may be a concern
4G shouldnt be that big a selling point imho because the full capability of 3G in India is yet to be unleashed itself,4G hasnt become mainstream yet and is still quite slow(slightly faster than current 3G speeds) and has low coverage atm
if build quality -materials used,button and speaker quality is good,we might actually have a winner
given that CM is providing their tag to this phone,MMX might actually come up with something decent for a change
look forward to this!!

ankush28

Bazinga

*i.imgur.com/4kboL0T.png
WTF?

CM made huge mistake. Just imagine quality of CM fans vs. quality of MMX fans. Visit YU forums and experiance youself.... *forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/yu-on-the-go.11/ - They don't know Tapatalk Ok they don't even know how to use GOOGLE SEARCH!
*forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/yu-exclusively-on-amazon.484/ - Typical *send me link* guy

How these people are gonna use CM11s?

Phone is poorly designed(OK! Rebranded) still it will sell like hot cakes because SPECS. I think we have to wait for reviews.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot

Battery is a major concern here. Should have been atleast 3000 mAh and 3500 mAh should have made it the best option for 9k.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

Too much micromaxx hate over here.
Its a new venture, backed up micromaxx, its got great chances to be a success.

Currently its got the best specs for its price. They can also make and sell snapdragon 810 4gb ram, 1080p soonish for 20k. like OnePlusOne..
If they are threatened by oneplus one, they sure certainly want to compete.. and obviously this version of yu is not the answer to opo.. probably they have something in the making.

Last edited:

kaz

right here

^True..Even I thought the same when I heard SD615 @9k :shock: SD810 is possible now at 20k :-D
Yeah battery life is bad, 8hrs of talktime... Don't know how far it will last with 4G browsing...
Still I've planned to get this one for my CM love <3 :*

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

ok i take back my words,the Yureka is AGAIN a rebranded chinese handset just like all the other micromax phones
this time its a rebranded CoolPad F2 4G
Micromax’s first Yu smartphone is a rebranded Coolpad F2 4G
and we thought micromax had made its own phone for a change

also if this is true,itll also feature a malicious malware
this will be a xiaomi contraversy all over again
Coolpad Android Phones Infected With Malicious Backdoor - IGN
- - - Updated - - -

*i.imgur.com/4kboL0T.png
WTF?

CM made huge mistake. Just imagine quality of CM fans vs. quality of MMX fans. Visit YU forums and experiance youself.... *forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/yu-on-the-go.11/ - They don't know Tapatalk Ok they don't even know how to use GOOGLE SEARCH!
*forums.yuplaygod.com/threads/yu-exclusively-on-amazon.484/ - Typical *send me link* guy

How these people are gonna use CM11s?

Phone is poorly designed(OK! Rebranded) still it will sell like hot cakes because SPECS. I think we have to wait for reviews.

hahahaha :D :p
lets hope CM gets rights to use CM11S on the one plus ones sold in India again

- - - Updated - - -

People call having "4g a valuable selling point", lets see how many actually uses 4g, IMO if a person is capable of paying for 4g he will go for much reliable brands rather than this..........

forget pricing 3G itself is still not that great in India forget 4G
coverage etc is really bad even in Mumbai

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

i only like phone with 4.5 inch, which looks good in hand and fits in pocket, it kills the purpose of mobility, why companies are not making more phone in 4.5 inch segment

Reloaded

In the zone

[YOUTUBE]GqQbgonf8f4[/YOUTUBE]

Phone looks decent for the price.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Too much micromaxx hate over here.
Its a new venture, backed up micromaxx, its got great chances to be a success.

Currently its got the best specs for its price. They can also make and sell snapdragon 810 4gb ram, 1080p soonish for 20k. like OnePlusOne..
If they are threatened by oneplus one, they sure certainly want to compete.. and obviously this version of yu is not the answer to opo.. probably they have something in the making.
+1000, for this feelings,mate.
Again and again I state that nobody forces anybody to buy Micromax gadgets/products. We all are adults here,its our budget,our wish ,our choice,so that we can buy and experience a product. Time and proper usage will speak out.

But we all have the right to discuss its merits and demerits.

WHY SHOULD WE BE BIASED???????????????????????????

I've seen people,in my area complaining about a bad Sony Ericsson Smart Mobile phone. It was his fate or ill luck to possess such a faulty phone.
There is a LUCK FACTOR in the world of electronics and I.T. devices. No fool would ever compare Micromax to the supreme Sony.
But some people are Hell bound on referring it(MMX) as a crapware.
Just because my personal experience of a particular brand is bad or worse doesn't convey that it should be bad or worse universally. Some people might be rejoicing with that particular brand's product as per his/her usage scenario.

Come on guys,please shed the illogical egoism and see the truth.

P.S. Till now I haven't owned any Micromax mobile or Tablet

_prabhat

Journeyman

I've seen people,in my area complaining about a bad Sony Ericsson Smart Mobile phone. It was his fate or ill luck to possess such a faulty phone.
There is a LUCK FACTOR in the world of electronics and I.T. devices.

Unofortunately luck factor is applicable only to Micromax phones. Chances of having problem with the phones are very high when it comes to Micromax, Karbonn.

As far as specification is concerned, Yu Yureka looks great phone at it's price 8999/- except reasonable battery and not sure about developer support.
Micromax's Yu Yureka Looks Promising but Questions Remain | NDTV Gadgets

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

ok i take back my words,the Yureka is AGAIN a rebranded chinese handset just like all the other micromax phones
this time its a rebranded CoolPad F2 4G
what did you expect from micromax ?
they aren't going to design ,spend in R & D and manufacture phones..

the great part of this phone is that they are providing it much cheaper than the wholesale price in china.. the wholesale price in china for this phone as per aliexpress is around 180-190 $.. whereas we are getting it for 142 $ + all the extra goodies like warranty , Cyanogen mod etc .. at almost cost to cost basis..

previously the trend was to buy a phone for 200 $ rebrand it and sell it for 300 $ .. this is a good step , and can revolutionize indian market atleast in online.. because if they can do it , then karbonn,xolo and other local players will follow soon as well.. and then players like Motorola with online only sales model will have to become even more competitive in their offering , and the icing on cake features like - rooting won't void warranty + source code available + unlocked bootloader ( so good development ).. how great it would be if moto and asus and other tier 2 players also start giving these features as well.. the more the players do this model , the better it is for us

forget pricing 3G itself is still not that great in India forget 4G
coverage etc is really bad even in Mumbai

4g is not a special feature .. it will become a standard feature.. most of the devices released from now on from rs 5000 onwards will be 4g compatible .. its more about future proofing now than a useful feature now .. but things can change fast in 1 year atleast for big cities

4g plans from airtel are at same price as 3g plans , both cost 250 rs for 1gb .. the success of 4g in india depends on reliance jio .. they have PAN india licence , if they can launch some cheap plans as they claim, then it will start price war..

2g plans are approaching prices of 3g plans now .. the difference between prices of 2g vs 3g vs 4g is not that much right now.. still the whole fate of 4g in india is dependent upon reliance jio..

Reliance Jio to roll out services in 800 cities | Business Standard News

as for 3g don't know about mumbai , but coverage in delhi ncr is pretty good ..

not sure about developer support.
don't know about how development will be but they got an xda forum pretty fast

Micromax Yureka - XDA Forums

Last edited:
Top Bottom