Micromax Funbook

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Hello guys. I have two queries
1.which browser should I dnload for fb,
2.gameloftgames asks for wifi connection.how to bypass that?

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok guys, I'm done with cyanbook mod, consumes more ram, games crash, mx player getting stuck and all, reverted to stock rom, running fine so far :)

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Seems everybody here still not sure about exactly which custom rom should use for FB !! Krishnandu or Tenida could you guyz confirm.???

tkin

Back to school!!
The custom roms have issues, cyanbook uses too much ram, plus issues with MX player and the bundled file manager is cr@p, the stock file manager that comes with funbook is better for loading USB host or media scanning.

tsram90

Right off the assembly line
Connecting to LAN

Anyone tried connecting it to LAN? Using a LAN USB adapter?? I bought one. It worked at the shop. But is not working in my home. In neither mode(PPPoE, Bridged)

ssps

Broken In
so right wen u power on the device, it shows the funbook logo.. and thn a screen goes white.. u tried resetting it, but no go.. right?

if thats the case and nothing is working..

refer to this post : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/155054-micromax-funbook.html#post1646103

Thanks it worked ...

karndev

Broken In
The custom roms have issues, cyanbook uses too much ram, plus issues with MX player and the bundled file manager is cr@p, the stock file manager that comes with funbook is better for loading USB host or media scanning.

just some basic information
1) u can use ANY file manager with any rom. u dont necessarily have to use the one bundled . ;) ..
2) media scanning does not depend on ur explorer used.. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
just some basic information
1) u can use ANY file manager with any rom. u dont necessarily have to use the one bundled . ;) ..
2) media scanning does not depend on ur explorer used.. :)
I know, but anyway the ram use was a bit too much, also fruit ninja crashed every time. Also if I launched MX player from default file browser then it would lag like hell and crash.

tkin

Back to school!!
@Tkin You post the guide, I'll add it to the beginning of-course providing you the credit. :)
Here is the guide, if someone fails to install the script he can try this:

Ok, for those who cannot install CWM from the normal steps(most probably new funbook users having Base 1.2 and ICS 4.0.3) follow these steps.

1. Install Superuser from playstore, update binary, you'll notice it will fail one part(red text), re do the update 2,3 times staright away until all the text become green, no need to reboot phone, but you might want to.

2. Install Android terminal from playstore, in terminal put su and press enter, if you get a warning allow it, if # comes you have root access. If not, re do step one. Don't continue till you get this step correct.

3. Download ES File manager from playstore, go to settings, allow all root access related options and also tick go upto root option.

4. Now start ES file manager, go to root, long press the dev folder, set properties, check all boxes, click ok. Do the same for the data folder, now open the dev folder, and repeat the steps for the block folder, and inside the block folder do the steaps for nandg file.

5. Allow USB debugging from dev options, connect the cable, install drvers.

6. Run the ICS recovery script, wait for it to finish, if it fails then you need to check and set permission again, if all goes well you have successfully installed CWM.

Warning: When setting permissions in ES File Manager make sure the USB cable is not attached, if so it might cause a hard crash and brick the device.

I had used this method to flash CWM on mine and on my friends device, both Base 1.2 and ICS 4.0.3(made in may 2012, the rom build no is: 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512) hence I think funbooks made after may 2012 must use this method, otherwise the script will fails due to permission denial.

sanjoy.bose

Journeyman
^^^^ Those are really nice, all the new users are getting Base 1.2 including me. So, IMO, the tutorial needs to be clearly updated by the new steps.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Installed Funseries version 3 ROM. Its very light with Allwinner MOD. Its seen as Samsung Galaxy SII at play store. So, it will support premium games also :)

nickzcool

Broken In
Hey everyone iam new this fourm as well as the mmx fb so guys please tell has any one managed to work out with any other dongle then tata photon ? I have got bsnl 3g dongle will i be able to configure on mmx fb . ?

Top Bottom