Micromax Funbook

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Re: Funbook Accessories

Its costly buy it from ebay. This one looks cool
New Black Bi-Fold Book Type Faux Leather Case for Micromax Funbook P300 | eBay

Ordered this day before yesterday nite, and received it now !
This is a great case for funbook.
Thanks for the link :)

nickzcool

Broken In
Hey everyone iam new this fourm as well as the mmx fb so guys please tell has any one managed to work out with any other dongle then tata photon ? I have got bsnl 3g dongle will i be able to configure on mmx fb . ?

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Here are the pics of the case from ebay:
Shipped in just two days...

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/5462/20120622130652.jpg

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/7425/20120622130643.jpg

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Yo, dudes...
Is there any way by which the boot animation of the Micromax Funbook can be changed???:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:
Cause the one in Cyanbook 0.3 sucks!!!:mrgreen:
Sorry to Karndev for that...
And, can you also guide me to a collection of boot animations, if any??? :Fingerx::Fingerx::Fingerx::Fingerx:

karndev

Broken In
Yo, dudes...
Is there any way by which the boot animation of the Micromax Funbook can be changed???:hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit:
Cause the one in Cyanbook 0.3 sucks!!!:mrgreen:
Sorry to Karndev for that...
And, can you also guide me to a collection of boot animations, if any??? :Fingerx::Fingerx::Fingerx::Fingerx:

:| once u find the bootanimation dat u like.. navigate to /system/media and replace the bootanimation.zip :tired:

blackpearl

The Devil
I'm trying to follow Tenida's tutorial - INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY

EDIT: I ran the recovery-install.bat. and got this message

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
failed to copy 'recovery.img' to '/data//recovery.img': Permission denied
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /dev/block/nandg: Permission denied

Now what?

Superuser is installed

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I'm trying to follow Tenida's tutorial - INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY

EDIT: I ran the recovery-install.bat. and got this message

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
failed to copy 'recovery.img' to '/data//recovery.img': Permission denied
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /dev/block/nandg: Permission denied

Now what?

Superuser is installed
Check the first page. Guide is updated
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/155054-micromax-funbook.html#post1646098

tkin

Back to school!!
To all those downloading FunSeries ROM a fair warning:

If you install Funseries the micromax logo at startup(even before CWM menu) is changed to android logo and can't be changed back even if you restore original backup(backup from CWM), this will void your warranty as the service center will notice it asap when booting(logo shows even if you install CWM), I'm still trying to find a workaround for this(maybe flashing cyanbook followed by stock backup will fix this, still to try).

@ krishnandu please put this text in front page under flashing section.

Cyanbook is safe to use.

blackpearl

The Devil
@Tenida: Thanks for the update. Custom recovery is installed. I got the success message in the terminal.

But I can't enter recovery console. The "Press Options Key and by keeping it pressed, Press Power Key. Release Power Key and then Release Options Key." is not working. I still get the default shutdown menu.

Any ideas?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@tkin Well I don't think this text needs to be there in different. As flashing CWM and ROM will void warranty anyway. And that warning is already there.

Users / Members flash ROM by judging themselves.

@Tenida: Thanks for the update. Custom recovery is installed. I got the success message in the terminal.

But I can't enter recovery console. The "Press Options Key and by keeping it pressed, Press Power Key. Release Power Key and then Release Options Key." is not working. I still get the default shutdown menu.

Any ideas?

No buddy. Read the tutorial correctly. You need to power off the device and do that thing while turning on.

Doing that thing on a turned on device won't help anyway.

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin Well I don't think this text needs to be there in different. As flashing CWM and ROM will void warranty anyway. And that warning is already there.

Users / Members flash ROM by judging themselves.

No buddy. Read the tutorial correctly. You need to power off the device and do that thing while turning on.

Doing that thing on a turned on device won't help anyway.
Not necessarily, its possible to delete CWM from system, so once you are done you can completely remove any traces of a firmware flash(unistall superuser, remove CWM and voila), like I have done recently, but if you use Funbook you can't get the it done as the boot logo is changed(not boot animation).

ss89

Right off the assembly line
when i try updating su in superuser i get the following error
checking current install path ....fail
failed to find currently installed binary. update cannot continue
i get the same error even after trying to update after 10 times
please help in rooting procedure

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Not necessarily, its possible to delete CWM from system, so once you are done you can completely remove any traces of a firmware flash(unistall superuser, remove CWM and voila), like I have done recently, but if you use Funbook you can't get the it done as the boot logo is changed(not boot animation).

Well, yeah that I know, and I have also mentioned that if anyone needs warranty it can be claimed by restoring everything back.

Still I think that it's upto ROM developers, I don't know whether criticizing a specific ROM would be fine.

Lets see what other members says.

UPDATE : Ok Added :)

Buddy, check the tutorial again. There's also a part named "Having Problem Flashing CWM..??". Check that part.

tkin

Back to school!!
When did you buy Funbook?

Have you tried to root it before? Looks like the Su binary is not there, which is weird, as funbook comes with a binary.

Go to settings>about> and post the details there, like baseband, android and rom version.

Well, yeah that I know, and I have also mentioned that if anyone needs warranty it can be claimed by restoring everything back.

Still I think that it's upto ROM developers, I don't know whether criticizing a specific ROM would be fine.

Lets see what other members says.

Buddy, check the tutorial again. There's also a part named "Having Problem Flashing CWM..??". Check that part.
That's the problem, with Funseries the boot logo(micromax) is changed permanently, can't be restored even with stock backup, you need to flash a micromax funbook img using livesuite and there isn't any available on net, you'll get ployer momo imgs(and other allwinder tab imgs, but no funbook imgs yet) which I think won't have micromax logo at start.

The problem does not happen with cyanbook, that's what I am trying to say.

Update: Thanks, I gave the link to this thread to my friend, who got funseries but then faced this issue, so I think other users could use a warning for this.

ss89

my funbook details are
android version - 4.0.3
baseband version - 1.2
kernel version 3.0.8+
build no. - 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512

I DID TRY TO ROOT using sparkroot app, would that have deleted my su binary by accident????
i bought my funbook a week ago

blackpearl

The Devil
I'm probably sounding like an idiot, but I really can't get into recovery console.

Device is turned off.
I press the menu/options button.
I press the power button. How long do I press? I wait about 5 sec
I release the powerbutton
I wait 1-2 sec.
I release the options button.

Nope. Not working.

FYI. I definitely got the custom recovery install success message.

ss89

could someone please help me with rooting options for the fun book other than sparkyroot...........
i have accidentally unrooted my device with sparkyroot and am a noob at this
this is my first brush with android os

tkin

Back to school!!
my funbook details are
android version - 4.0.3
baseband version - 1.2
kernel version 3.0.8+
build no. - 97F1-D1-H2-H01-MMX.20120512

I DID TRY TO ROOT using sparkroot app, would that have deleted my su binary by accident????
i bought my funbook a week ago
Yes, that's it, sparkroot has unrooted your device, you need to root it again, just search google for rooting options.

I'm probably sounding like an idiot, but I really can't get into recovery console.

Device is turned off.
I press the menu/options button.
I press the power button. How long do I press? I wait about 5 sec
I release the powerbutton
I wait 1-2 sec.
I release the options button.

Nope. Not working.

FYI. I definitely got the custom recovery install success message.
No No No.

Shut down device.
Press options(context) button, keep it pressed.
Press power button and keep both buttons pressed till micromax logo comes up, release the buttons then.

YOU HAVE TO KEEP BOTH BUTTONS PRESSED TILL MICROMAX LOGO COMES UP, the cmd windows in the recovery bat file says so, pay attention.

Here are the pics of the case from ebay:
Shipped in just two days...

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/5462/20120622130652.jpg

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/7425/20120622130643.jpg
Nice cover, just one issue will be touching the edges of the screen, I mean you can't press it from bottom with that bulge, am I right?

Robin Hood

Just Do It
Nice cover, just one issue will be touching the edges of the screen, I mean you can't press it from bottom with that bulge, am I right?

I have bought original micromax cover @ just 699. It fits perfectly which made of fine leather and no issues so far. This one you bought from ebay look almost similar but definitely wont be the original one. How much did you pay?
Anyway guys, I will definitely recommend to add some more bucks and buy the original one as you wont regret about the quality and compatibility problem. I will be uploading the images soon.
I have also bought an HD shield Antiglare screen guard along with @299 but didnt use as Funbook comes with a pre installed screen guard.