Micromax Funbook

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
CWM = ClockWorkMod. ClockworkMod

Recovery is image (binary data) stored in internal memory. This image contains something like "program" maybe better say "tool", which can boot-up independently on Android system. In other words, when this tool is running (booted up), than Android system is not. This tool is part of phone system, and in PC terminology recovery can by compared to BIOS with some added features. This recovery state can be reached on all phone, but if you don't have custom recovery, it will do so-called HW reset and automatically restart itself into standard boot mode. So what is difference between original recovery and custom recovery? Custom recovery didn't call master reset after start and also didn't restart itself.

CM9 = Cyanogen Mod 9. CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Gingerbread

CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

Custom ROM is every somehow changed manufacturer's ROM or ROM compiled from source code of Android. "Change/s" can starts with adding/removing default application and can extend to kernels, cpu over/under-clocking, enable/disable features (ROOT, HW acceleration, ...), themes (frameworks, color, ...), keyboards and many other features.
Custom ROM is mostly distributed like signed ZIP package with included installation script for custom recovery. This ZIP is flashed via custom recovery tool.

To know more about Android jargon's read [READ FIRST] [REF] Dictionary for n00b - What is.../What does ...mean? (2011/01/17) - xda-developers

enadumugavari

Right off the assembly line
Guys i am new to this forum, I ordered my funbook from snapdeal on 30 apr and received it on 3 may...i just opened my package and everything was fine. then i noticed a straight line across the display :( ...anyone having similar issue..i am really annoyed and disappointed...called snapdeal, they said will call back me within 24-48 hrs :((

jd91

Broken In
Need help can someone please confirm i m not getting any setting menu for inbuilt super hd player

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
Guys i am new to this forum, I ordered my funbook from snapdeal on 30 apr and received it on 3 may...i just opened my package and everything was fine. then i noticed a straight line across the display :( ...anyone having similar issue..i am really annoyed and disappointed...called snapdeal, they said will call back me within 24-48 hrs :((

Try Resetting the TAB once,then see wht happens..........and yes many Snapdeal customers facing such issues......specially with the screen.....even i my tab too have a 1 dead pixel (but i am ok with it :( )

Paylaram

Broken In
I have a Q regarding the tata photon dongle. can it be used with other tablets/PC's ? what all schemes are available ?

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Try Resetting the TAB once,then see wht happens..........and yes many Snapdeal customers facing such issues......specially with the screen.....even i my tab too have a 1 dead pixel (but i am ok with it :( )

You should opt for replacement as the dead pixel will get bigger and bigger, Its like virus. :(

saikiran

hi guyzzzz this is saikiran iam a new member to this group........ recently i had booked micromax funbook via snapdeal website....but i saw some of the posts recently that they are facing some problems like scratches on screen..............now wat shud i do guyzzzz?........iam worried that how will be the one that i booked...........:cry::cry::cry:

makimps

Broken In
Can someone please let me know, if i can connect BSNL EVDO datacard with micromax funbook?

Is there any way?

Orionz

You should opt for replacement as the dead pixel will get bigger and bigger, Its like virus. :(

really......but i read at XDA developers that itz not a big issue!!!! if it is,then i am gonna rip there a** ! :D

Dude i think we need to start thread against Snapdeal.....at least for now,we should stop td members...who are buying from snapdeal.....as every second buyer is getting damaged product.

Charley

Just Do It
I am ordering right now on SnapDeal. Is there any coupon code, I can use ?

Dude i think we need to start thread against Snapdeal.....at least for now,we should stop td members...who are buying from snapdeal.....as every second buyer is getting damaged product.

Oh, what is the other option ?

Orionz

dude i'll suggest you to wait for few weeks.....it'll be available in local market.

chanduvijay

hey guyz...!! this is chandu...im new to this forum...can u guyzz help me in deciding where should i purchase MM Funbook...?!

IM confused wat to do,i need a "Midnight blcak" Funbook..,,which i don c anywhere....the only option before me is "Ncarry " wat u ppl suggest plzzz..!:|

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Good news guys.. Shadowgun works flawlessly on this.. The good tablet just got better

Im gonna order this asap now

[YOUTUBE]78v-Ay5jfAw[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom