Micro sd card:Which Brand to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I am now finding my 2 GB Micro SD small, anyways will get a big one later with my next phone.

@Krazzy - According to some reviewers, Nokia 5700 supports 8 GB cards. But check it before you buy.

Yeah I know. That's why I'm planning to get as big a card as the device supports so that later on I won't feel the lack of space.

I've read about people using 4gb cards in their 5700 without any problems. But the thing is 4gb falls under HC or High Capacity. And when a device supports High Capacity it should theoreticaly support upto 32gb. So in my opinion if 5700 supports 4gb it should support 8gb as well.

Btw how am I supposed to check out a 8gb card in my 5700? The shopkeepers won't allow me to do that. And I don't know anyone who has a 8gb microSD card.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well i searched for series 40.and here it says it comes under series 40v2.
now what does that means.*twilightwap.com/mobilium/themes/default.asp

Last edited:

x3060

A LOTR fan
i guess he might have understood that...he might have had a doubt as what's that v2 thing....

quan chi

mortal kombat
i guess he might have understood that...he might have had a doubt as what's that v2 thing....

yes you got it.:D.well whats the v2 and v1 thing.
and what is the major differences between the series 60 and series 40 phones excluding the price.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
s60 fones run the Symbian s60 os and the v1,v2 and v3 signify the versions like s60 v1 is s60 OS6,v2 is s60 OS7,OS8,OS8.1, and v3 is OS9.1,OS9.2 & OS9.3.

s40 fones on the other hand do not run any dedicated os.they run a custom os.they also hav versions like s40v1,s40v2 & s40v3.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
yes you got it.:D.well whats the v2 and v1 thing.
and what is the major differences between the series 60 and series 40 phones excluding the price.

The different versions just add some minor features to the OS.

S40 is a single task operating system. You can just run one app at a time and moreover the OS does not support additional applications. This OS is obviously developed by Nokia and is used in Nokia's feature phones.

S60 is based on the Symbian OS which is a multi task operating system, which means it supports multitasking, i.e. the user can run multiple applications at a time, like in Windows or Mac. The currently running app is at the fore front while the minimized apps can be brought up by pressing and holding the menu key. Also just like Windows one can download and run native Symbian apps. In addition, just like S40, S60 also supports Java apps. Due to this, phones running S60 are called smartphones. S60 is a version of Symbian OS which was bought and developed by Nokia. Other version of Symbian is UIQ which is jointly owned by Sony Ericsson and Motorola.

Hope all that info is sufficient. :)

Pathik

Google Bot
They support just Java apps which are not as fast/efficient as their symbian counterparts. And no multitaskin is a big no no. You would rather take an SE than a s40 in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom