Metro: Last Light

roy_pratik

Broken In
Re: Metro: Last Light Discussion Thread

Metro 2033 was my fav shooter & i was eagerly waiting for LL but now I'm heartbroken as I'm having terrible micro-stuttering issue with my gtx560m fueled laptop. Framerates are dropping consistently from above 40 to below 5.
Do any of you guys know a fix for this issue?
Thanks in anticipation

PS: I tried all possible graphics combinations,lowered resolution didn't help either. :cry::cry:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

^ turn sxaa off . BTw new patch is released in steam that solve FOV issue and amd card frame drop .

roy_pratik

Broken In

^ turn sxaa off . BTw new patch is released in steam that solve FOV issue and amd card frame drop .
I never turned on ssaa as my system won't be able to handle it.I also tried new patch,no help either.
People with high end cards also experiencing the same issue,guess the problem is with the game.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths

^Wait for driver updates. I planned not touch this game until 2 months have passed.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Anyone knows how LL runs on an hd6850? :S

Reloaded

In the zone

Just started playing graphics isnt that bad :mrgreen:

*i.imgur.com/oBlRX3M.jpg
*i.imgur.com/cFGzFPL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/q4WiQds.jpg
*i.imgur.com/YiJKWhv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/PCbWeN3.jpg
*i.imgur.com/CmpxyG4.jpg
*i.imgur.com/IMBEdQG.jpg

roy_pratik

Broken In

CPU usage is nearly 100% on all cores when I'm experiencing the stutter,guess something wrong with the cpu rather than gpu. I play Crysis 3,Far Cry 3,Hitman Absolution with no problem at all in medium settings . So what's the deal here ? :S

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Yeah probably won't be playing at very high. I think it should run fine on medium-high(custom settings) with little or no AA. And ofcourse have to turn off depth of field

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have not played the game yet but there's new update released for the game which should fix these :

here is the official changelog of Metro: Last Light first title update.

Optimized performance for AMD hardware.

Fixed shadow visual corruption bug on AMD 7xxx cards.

Fixed issue with game starting only in 3:1 resolution on some TV’s.

Added attribute “r_base_fov” in the user.cfg file, which will allow you to change FOV. The attribute will appear in the user.cfg configuration file, located in “%LOCALAPPDATA%\4A Games\Metro LL” after starting up the game.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Hmm...this will be another benchmarking tool for graphics cards..just like its predecessor

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

pretty fine i guess , Just keep physx off and sxaa to minimum and you will get good fps .

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

I seem to be getting 35-40, sometimes, >45 fps with Normal settings @ 1440x900. Vsync's turned on as there was too much screen tearing. The graphics are amazing. As expected.

Now I'm developing my likeness towards 4A Games, after their story of developing this game in "considered-as-bad" condition, they did one hell of a job. Good job, 4A. I "Notify Me"-d this via Flipkart today.

Last edited:

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

@nvidiageek - how can you get if from FK when it is not yet released here . It shows out of stock man !

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

@nvidiageek - how can you get if from FK when it is not yet released here . It shows out of stock man !

Well, ye, I didn't actually buy it and I don't have this in my hand. I "Notify Me"-d though. I currently rock *la shyz* version, but I'd have got it in my hands by now if it wasn't outta stock. I was too intrigued by the story, I forgot about editing my post. Sorry. :)

Seems like no other retailers are offering this game. Or Koch Media isn't up to the mark.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

yep , me too enjoying this game like metro 2033 / The only thing i dislike is that they changed artyom voice . The previous one was too much unique and suitable for him .

rst

Youngling

1)Is Metro Last Light better than metro 2033 ??

(Metro 2033 was one of the few FPS game which I completed.)

2)Which is better option Metro Last Light or RE revelation ??

heidi2521

Padawan

1)Is Metro Last Light better than metro 2033 ??

(Metro 2033 was one of the few FPS game which I completed.)

2)Which is better option Metro Last Light or RE revelation ??

If LL is like Metro 2033, RE: Revelations.

Disclaimer: I gave up on Last Light due to the locked FOV and optimization issues.