Metro: Last Light

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Re: Metro: Last Light Discussion Thread

that FOV issue was fixed with the last patch . First 1/3 of the game is awesome and feels more atmospheric than metro 2033 , after that game become a little boring . Plus AI are too dumb in this game and not like previous one in which i have to reduce difficulty sometime to progress the story .

Reloaded

In the zone

Some xxx moments in the game :mrgreen:

Warning graphics content
watch in HD :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ you call that a XXX moment ? lol ;-)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Finally installed Metro Last Light. Running surprisingly well at "very high" on my r6850 cyclone(considering my CPU isn't one of the best around). Physics and SXAA are off ofcourse. :p

32-35 fps inside the metro and 27-32 outside. I guess I would have gotten better framerates with a better CPU.

*i43.tinypic.com/2u94bcz.jpg

*i41.tinypic.com/34qmjjc.jpg

*i41.tinypic.com/351h1k2.jpg

*i44.tinypic.com/2gvv42t.jpg

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

^u will get more fps if Vsync is off

jasku

In the zone

Game looks fab, and after reading Jason Rubin's letter about the 4A dev center in Russia, this makes it even better.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Turning vsync off gives a lot of screen tearing :\ Can't stand that. So kept it on.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Almost at the finish. This is one of the most atmospheric, amazingly told story games I've ever played. Just like BioShock, but the setting (and the Russian accent) makes it better than BioShock to me. Only grudge is that sometimes AI doesn't know that you're in front of them, the human AI, mind you. The mutant AI's fab.

The atmosphere is mind-blowingly superb. Add to that, the models of kids are very cute and chubby and you feel sad for them. 4A Games did an amazing job. I want more of Metro series (if quality pertains). I'll definitely play Metro 2033 after this.

The atmosphere is beyond words, I simply had to repeat.

Again, a good time with a pretty lady, shyt. And I thought I had a good time with Tomb Raider's Lara...

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

^lot of DLCs are incoming!! ;)

and please refrain from posting images.. post your screens on the Screenshot thread and link them here..

if you must, then atleast post smaller thumbnails.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

@nvidia geek - you should have played metro 2033 first , i have given around 1.5 hour for last light , based on that i think metro 2033 starting was simply awesome , and the AI was also far better than this one , And the metro 2033 is still the best atmospheric game i have played . Just take some food , cold drink , turn off the light , close the door , and finish the game in 1-2 playthorugh . You will truly appreciate the game .

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^Angry Joe suggested playing LL before 2033, so I continued. And I also installed Shadow of Chernobyl w/ Stalker Complete mod. It's Russian time for me now. :D

coolnikk

Journeyman

can i play last night on nvidia gt 525m (1gig) ???

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

^ Probably yes at low/medium settings.

Completed the game. It was so damn awesome. Some places are just so damn intense and nerve wracking. The atmosphere is creepy and adds so much to the experience. The marshlands mission was so intense. Got me all jumpy and nervous. :D

Top game. Easily the best game i have played this year. 9/10 for me.

Will do a 2nd play-through on ranger mode,taking my time. Should be fun. :D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Completed the game. It was so damn awesome. Some places are just so damn intense and nerve wracking. The atmosphere is creepy and adds so much to the experience. The marshlands mission was so intense. Got me all jumpy and nervous. :D

Top game. Easily the best game i have played this year. 9/10 for me.

+2. Best game so far this year.

Started Metro 2033, the atmosphere and all is awesome as it's successor, but a tad bit unoptimized.

Don't ever "show" this if you haven't completed the game(Last Light). EVER.

Too sad Artyom dies. It makes me all the more sad playing 2033 now and seeing how Artyom faced hardships and overcame them. Damn. :'(

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

^ Dude then you need to see this spoiler!! People who have not completed the game please don't see this=>
You got the bad ending then. :p There is another ending. "good ending" I got the good one :p Did not kill too many people and spared a lot of lives. :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

well that's common for many games now ;-) and I've read it and I don't think it will affect my gameplay in any way

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

Completed around 50% , game is awesome as expected . BUt i still prefer metro 2033 over it since enemy AI was not dumb and the game encouraged stealth . If you decide to be a rambo guy then you often have to reduce difficulty to progress through game . In this game i can shoot bad guys and still survive on my first attempt .

Knight2A4

In the zone

After i had completed d game metro 2033 i did went thought Dmitry Glukhovsky novel metro 2033 ... i was surprised by the fact that the game metro 2033 was made in a totally different direction than that of the novel there where many elements which where missing in the game that made the novel such a an emerging story. the story told in metro 2033 was straight forward & it was more an FPS shooter than what Dmitry Glukhovsky told in his story ..... But from what i have played till now in last light it seem as they have done a decent job with the story ..... the game in last light looks more close to what was described in metro 2033 .... All tho it not related to Dmitry Glukhovsky novel metro 2034 ....... its surly is carrying all of it accents correctly ..... Lastly I would recommend every one who have completed METRO 2033 to go for The audio book Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky, read by Rupert Degas translated to English. I can tell you for sure you will not go disappointed ....

FPS boost Fix in Metro Last Light
open Start>type%appdata% in search programs for win7
Appdata folder will open then hit back to Local\4A Games\Metro LL\110000100001337

Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro LL\110000100001337

There is a file by the name user.cfg first make a backup of the file rename it & then open the original file in notepad

Search for r_api 2 replace the 2 with 0

Save & close .....

Working & Test by yours truly