soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Started with 2033. Amazing Graphics. :shock: Playing on DX 9 . Texture quality Very High.

Should I switch to DX 11?

OP
soumo27

soumo27

Re: Metro: Last Light Discussion Thread

1366 by 768

for now I am getting avg. 35 fps around... minimum drops around 20. max around 50 or so...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

I have only done till Chapter 3...
my bro has completed it (2033) & says its a really awesome game.
when I have time I'll complete it for sure..
also he told me to play with Headphones for soundeffect

OP
soumo27

soumo27

^^Playing Chapter 2. The game is awesome. Facing problems with the gas mask thing. Dying due to suffocation many a times. :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
You will have to scavenge places and people, to keep a large supply in your kitty. They are important.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^Playing Chapter 2. The game is awesome. Facing problems with the gas mask thing. Dying due to suffocation many a times. :(

Unless you are on Ranger difficulty, I didn't find myself suffocating in normal mode.

On ranger mode without reticle I am stuck at the city wherein my gas mask runs out and there are lots of those nosalies like creatures summoning others too.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Is that when you enter the city via a gate. And jump across to a building. With the gas mask on.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^
Is that when you enter the city via a gate. And jump across to a building. With the gas mask on.

Yeah, it's the first time you go on surface. Guess I need to be fast and restart the chapter.

OP
soumo27

soumo27

Well switched to DX 11 from DX 9 and I'm getting some crap lines all over the screen. I wonder whats wrong. :-|

tkin

Back to school!!
Metro 2033 Discussion Thread!!

Created due to Ethan_hunt's request, keep your Metro 2033 discussions here, tell us about your blood curling experiences, the alternate ending and more.

I'll start this again maxed out as soon as I am done with FNV, so guys, start playing this gem again.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
First off, My honest apologies for failing at moving posts and merging threads. Thanks to tkin for creating a new thread.

I'm currently on the 4th chapter right now and the game's is dam atmospheric. I'm ditching the stealth way and going in all guns blazing. Any tips on what to purchase from the market? So far I have only purchase a scoped revolver and nothing else.

Any tips on what to purchase from the market? So far I have only purchase a scoped revolver and nothing else.

Don't be reckless while buying guns you will have to throw of your guns once you find a better one and you can't get it back. If you want to buy, you should buy a magnum and shotgun. But don't buy the guns with air pellets.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Buy guns with heavy load power. Meaning shot guns. Pellet ones do jack to to the enemies. Plus they continue to rush you and melee. Heavy fire power pushes them far, and the subsequent shot kills them to the ground. Enemies are difficult and fast in this.

tkin

Back to school!!
First off, My honest apologies for failing at moving posts and merging threads. Thanks to tkin for creating a new thread.

I'm currently on the 4th chapter right now and the game's is dam atmospheric. I'm ditching the stealth way and going in all guns blazing. Any tips on what to purchase from the market? So far I have only purchase a scoped revolver and nothing else.
Try to save up and get a good rifle first, no need to get shotguns cause they can be found ingame, also you can find the arrow gun later in the war level(forgot name).

PS: Are you going for the alternate ending? Get it man, really exciting.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I got Shotguns during standard battles with Humans. So didn't need to purchase any, yet. Should I sell any of my military grade ammo?

@tkin: I'm not sure how to get the alternate ending. So just going with the flow. :grin:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Hey ethan, I do not think you can "sell" millitary grade ammo (the green 5.56mm NATO rounds).

To get alternate the ending you will need to make the right choices when you play.

For example, if a kid asks for a bullet, you give him one.

tkin

Back to school!!
I got Shotguns during standard battles with Humans. So didn't need to purchase any, yet. Should I sell any of my military grade ammo?

@tkin: I'm not sure how to get the alternate ending. So just going with the flow. :grin:
As extreme gamer said, but that's not all, listening to your companions, following orders, freeing captives, also help with alternate ending.

Top Bottom