Metallica's upcoming album "Death Magnetic" leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorva84

In the zone
Metallica's upcoming album, Death Magnetic scheduled for release on September 12th has been leaked on the net.

Its all over the internet.I found it posted on some respected torrent sites as well.

Just go to google news and search for Metallica or Death Magnetic and you will get more news about the leak..

Read more here:*www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103902

Meanwhile Metallica has posted its third single "Cyanide" and the video of "The Day That Never Comes" on their website...

Last edited:
The album is INSANELY AWSSOME
The intro for the first song, named That Was Your Life is a series of heart beats :D
IT SIMPLY ROCKS. THE ALBUM IS THE BEST METALLICA ALBUM EVER RELEASED.

I downloaded it from Pirate Bay, but I am DEFINITELY buying it. It deserves to be bought.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
The album is INSANELY AWSSOME
The intro for the first song, named That Was Your Life is a series of heart beats :D
IT SIMPLY ROCKS. THE ALBUM IS THE BEST METALLICA ALBUM EVER RELEASED.

I downloaded it from Pirate Bay, but I am DEFINITELY buying it. It deserves to be bought.

I liked 3 songs from it.
Got it from the same place from where u got it.;)
Its good album.Definately.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
bleh!

most of the stuff you got is actually transcodes of the original 128kbps wma stream.

I hope the retail version sounds much better.

I just LOVE the album. I am going to SURELY buy it when its out. Metallica deserves my spending the money for it.

From beginning to the end, all songs are unique and have this strange melody coupled with sheer raw power. Heck, there is even a 10 minute long instrumental thrown in it. And the guitar solos are simply superb. The "evil" intro to the solo in "The Judas Kiss", the amazing solo in Cyanide, the series of riffs and solos in the instrumental, all remind me of metallica of the past.

This album is like Master Of Puppets + And Justice For All + ReLoad (YES) + St. Anger (YES AGAIN).

It has the melody of master of puppets and reload, the complexity of justice and the power and rawness of st. anger.

There is a lot of double bass abuse in this song, and lars is BACK with a BANG.

Trujillo never fails to amaze us with his awssome slap bass.

Hetfield - man, his voice is AWSSOME.

The "new song" you heard back in 2006 is actually the parent of several songs - the awssome riffs which sounded not so awssome when put together in "The New Song" sound great when used seperately in several songs.

One last thing I would like to mention - Unforgiven III PWNS all older versions. This is simply AWSSOME. The lyrics and the music. Its the song I looked forward most to, and its worth the wait. Forgive me... Forgive me not... Forgive me... Forgive me not... Forgive me... Forgive me not...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
128kbps--(transcode)-->256\320kbps

128kbps quality>>256\320 transcode quality(mp3 is one lossy codec).

waffles has flac copy of the original cds sold over in France,but even that is not the retail version supposedly as there is hardly any mastering done and the quality absolutely sucks.Hope that the retail copy is better and it sure is a must 'buy' for all metallica fans.

OP
A

apoorva84

In the zone
love the song Suicide & Redemption..i downloaded a 320 kbps transcode and listened to all songs and then deleted it...

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Downloaded 'The day that never comes'. The song is awesome!
Loved it!
But my favorite Metallica song is Sad But True.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
After series of Disappointments , O had very low expectations with this album.
HOWEVER

This is the Metallica , I want!!! Solos are back,long songs are back.......Just like their old albums!!! I'm listening to it and liking it so far!!!

OP
A

apoorva84

In the zone
^^yes, i saw that..but this album has been getting a lot of bad rep for the mastering...

according to wikipedia, grammy award winning Ted Jensen is responsible for the mastering...i wonder why it sounds bad....

i guess its better to wait for the final cd to come out,which by the way is today...

The album does NOT sound bad. The odd sound is because they wanted some "rawness" in the music. And I think it feels great. Metallica is once again ditching n00b mainstream rock/metal for classical thrash/speed metal.

karmanya

Journeyman
some of the songs don't... but the version i have has My apocalypse, Cyanide and the Unforgiven III sound extremely bad. The sound cracks and its hard to make out the lyrics

OP
A

apoorva84

In the zone
^^listened to a much better copy yesterday...i suppose all the leaked stuff were just transcodes...well, retail rips are coming out and so are FLAC rips...

yes, i agree with MetalheadGautham that there's "rawness" in their sound, but still i felt the mastering could have been better...

there's even a petition running online which asks for a remaster of death magnetic..

*www.gopetition.com/petitions/re-mix-or-remaster-death-magnetic.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom