Metallica Releases FIRST single from Death Magnetic, THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CALLING ALL METALLICA FANS!

METALLICA released the first singe from their yet to be released album, Death Magnetic, just a couple of days back. Its titled THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES and its available as a download and for radio promo. It ROCKS I tell you. Its damn fast and at the same time its toned down and melodious.

And yes, the song is available for FREE download from their website in windows media, real player and quicktime format.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: Metallica Releases FIRST single from Death Magnetic, THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES !!!

^^Atleast give the link for the page. :|

Download Page

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: Metallica Releases FIRST single from Death Magnetic, THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES !!!

he is too much excited !

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

MetalheadGautham said:
So you got the song ?
I mean to say that I am(was perhaps?) a Mettalica fan. But Im kinda : one, seek-n-destroy, sad-but-true, wherever-I-may-roam loving guy.. I like the older songs much more.

Yeah. :D I mean it's different man. Loving it. But then again; Mettalica is losing on me; I am kinda glued up to Thrash/Black Metal nowadays...

ADDED: This one starts off with something like unforgiven style; with james in his always-solid vocals but hes not much of himself here I guess.. Is it just me who thinks so? Later we have kirk with somewhat one-like bridge. Its a fusion; I cant decide to which micro-genre the song fits in. :confused:

Yawn... off to sleep. :rolleyes:

its not something unique. Its basically metallica's undefined heavy ballad melody genre. Fade To Black, Where The Wild Things Are, Unforgiven, One, etc fall here.

But I think the main problem in this song is that James tries to sing too much and ends up screwing things up towards the end. And the instrumentation is extremely complex and melodious, but it lacks the old familiar metallica POWER. It doesn't fill you up with the energy it usually does in songs like Enter Sandman, Fade To Black, etc.

Last edited:

karmanya

Journeyman

Its pretty old news, the song is awesome, though a little alt-rock typish so it kinda shocked me at first.
I prefer cyanide to tell you the truth.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

"unforgiven" styled song.. though much less inferior in lyrics and music !!!! thanks for the update !!!! :)

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

finally some good music...

waiting for the album..quality is always bad online and this seems lil unfinished

but its FKN AWESOME !

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!

I'm still waitin for the album to be available in stores..

IronManForever

MetalheadGautham said:
its not something unique. Its basically metallica's undefined heavy ballad melody genre. Fade To Black, Where The Wild Things Are, Unforgiven, One, etc fall here.
Dunno but I feel its a bit different from Fade to black, etc. I find something weird in vocals and drums this time.. :confused:

hullap

Cyborg Agent

wtf gautham
why didnt u inform me before :mad:
downloading

Its pretty old news, the song is awesome, though a little alt-rock typish so it kinda shocked me at first.
I prefer cyanide to tell you the truth.
Its old news but not many knew of it. Take a look at hullap for example
"unforgiven" styled song.. though much less inferior in lyrics and music !!!! thanks for the update !!!! :)
This anything but unforgiven. It begins like Fade To Black, but ends like One, and in the middle its like Bleeding Me.
Dunno but I feel its a bit different from Fade to black, etc. I find something weird in vocals and drums this time.. :confused:
Its because of that TUM TUM type sound from snare drm.
And hetfield is messing with his voice again.
wtf gautham
why didnt u inform me before :mad:
downloading
You were not there online. So I couldn't inform you. Sorry.

IronManForever

MetalheadGautham said:
Its because of that TUM TUM type sound from snare drm.
And hetfield is messing with his voice again.
Hell, I was wondering all the time about drums. Metallica doesnt have many numbers with this kinda drumming I believe?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

It actually sounds like a home recording on a budget.drums sound is muffled and snare is not the same that they usually use.so different characters.but not good sounding.hopefully they will have something better when the album is out.i don't wanna buy yet another bad recording this year.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Metallica had lost it decade ago.............I have no hope of them returning to pro Black Album kinda stuff!!! As far as this song...I'm trying to like it!!!

IronManForever

Metallica had lost it decade ago.............I have no hope of them returning to pro Black Album kinda stuff!!! As far as this song...I'm trying to like it!!!

James impressed me for the first 2-3 minutes but after that I was like.. duh! And after 5 Mins; I kinda like the one-like riffs and thereafter... James crapped it all IMO :(

^^
+1
Song's pretty good, gets a bit crappy towards the end, but still worth the download :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom