Merge HDD Partitons without loosing data

mitraark

Decrepit
I have had made two partitions of one of my 2 TB HDD , one 1000 GB , another 862 GB . They are almos filled up , and i gelt it would have been better to have a single partition instead of two.

Can i somehow merge the two without loosing current data ? There is too much of data and i cannot get any other HDD to backup and format the HDD to one partition. The drive only contains data , no OS / System Files.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's always recommended to have backup of important data before doing such task.

Anyway, I've used this tool before to merge partitions :
Free Partition Magic alternative. Best Free Partition Manager Freeware for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 32 bit & 64 bit - EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
Well , i can't risk losing my files. I will get a new 2 TB , format it to a single partition, copy all files from Old 2 TB to new one , format Old 2 TB to single partition .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice decision though most of the time this type of tools can do the job without any issue but one can't guarantee when a issue will show up - so better to have backup of mission critical data.

Top Bottom