Meddling the Middle Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Confidence is required, the path I have selected to follow in life is also not easy, designers are not that popular without a BFA or NIFT degree (I did give NIFT exam in 2002), but here is the thing, there are some "paths" where your own quality matters, not your degree. My dad still thinks that the job I m doing right now is some part time job & I will do some desk job soon in 3 to 4 months :D

When I go to somewhere for an interview for 3d archi designer, they don't ask my Resume or Degree first, they give me a workstation runnings 3ds Max & tell me to make something there in front of them, your capability is tested right there....this is how the education system should be like...based on the capability of student.

Yeah, that's true. My whole kahndan hates me for doing what I want....jara hatke :D.

Abe I even flirt jara hat ke andaaj se :p ... just yesterday I went to see Krazzy 4 with my Ex-gf while her current BF was fuming at her in the movie on phone "Why the hell you went for movie with Saurav" :D

Even my field has competition, but here is the thing....with my street smartness I know how to tackle the competition. It's not like there aren't better designers then me, there are some who are super duper genius in VRay while I prefer Mental Ray for archi, but my MRay Quality matches there VRay quality so I m preferred as good as them.

Competition is everywhere but if you want to succeed then do something on your own, enhance your quality....don't just whine in front of a computer screen that Middle Class is meddled by reservation. You wanna protest, there are ways to protest today which were not there in 2002, do so....make plans, unite, stick posters in colleges, if a rule can be passes in society then it can also be taken back....don't just give up.

A friend of mine recently told me to go for MBA etc etc, so I asked him "You did MBA, what did it teach you". He said "It taught me only how to talk & present my ideas or commute to other properly", I said "Isn't that what I am already doing better then you right now. You are Deputy Manager, IT devision, India for that bank...I am a Rake, I talk. :D"

Just know what your are capable of, be confident in what ever you do & nothing can stop you....

Accept for your small doggie barking at the door to feed her first :D
Amazing that our philosophies match very much here. But I have realized that a degree does improve ur face value. You may write ur experience, area of expertise and how good u r in ur resume, but a corresponding degree can quickly catch the attention of the companies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Why do u guys even care about all this nonsense??? Why r u all still running after conventional things in education whose institutes are ruined by reservations etc....

When I completed my 12th I decided that I won't go for conventional education like Engg or medical, I decided to do what I liked to do in school, drawing. I never cared about reservation or anything, I did B.Com just for the sake of graduation, & even skipped the plans for MBA now cos I don't see myself fitting there. Reservation never stopped me from doing anything & today I m what I am on my own, a designer, something I learned on my own.....

look for your own qualities, enhance them, don't run after education unless u r a genius in studies. Like if u r physics genius then why go for engg & why not nuclear physics...?

You wanna succeed in this world in 2008, then do what u can do & not what others want u to do....at least for me Street smartness has always been better then Book smartness

Err.. I'm a bit confused. Do you say that coz this reservation we change our field? Or do you mean to say that every individual who aspires to be an Engineer and study at inst. like IITs has a "hidden" designer in him?

What if the guy is confident of making a career in Engg, yet loses out the seat by 1 mark due to this? Not everyone has a gfx designer/CA/Journalist hidden in him.

Believe me, if you don't haf, what you claim, printed on a piece of paper called "certificate" you are nowhere. Not everyone has time to make each candidate sit on a computer and evaluate his/her skills! This is India.. with a population of a billion people. Time is money!

pannaguma

Turn The Page
Err.. I'm a bit confused. Do you say that coz this reservation we change our field? Or do you mean to say that every individual who aspires to be an Engineer and study at inst. like IITs has a "hidden" designer in him?

What if the guy is confident of making a career in Engg, yet loses out the seat by 1 mark due to this? Not everyone has a gfx designer/CA/Journalist hidden in him.

Believe me, if you don't haf, what you claim, printed on a piece of paper called "certificate" you are nowhere. Not everyone has time to make each candidate sit on a computer and evaluate his/her skills! This is India.. with a population of a billion people. Time is money!
+1billion....

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
its a society where the ability of a person is judged by a piece of paper which has some numbers printed on it :x

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
balls!!!!

mother to child - 8th std is very important so study hard, after 8th

my dear child next year is 10th and ur performance depends on 9th so study harder, after 9th - my dear son 10th is the most important in your life ur career depends on 10th, diploma/12th - u will be going in the outside world u have to prove urself study hard, after diploma/12th engg - this is the most important step (if ur parents feel like ur not going study furhter) then the job thing else - u can do anything u want after engg blah blah

then comes masters/mba .... wtf

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Please, the only reason they tell you that is so you end up well.
Every parent wants their sons/daughters to be in a better place than them.

What else do you want a mother to tell a kid studying 8th std?
Go work and bring me 20k a month?

And whats your problem with studies?

Btw, your and mine are totally offtopic posts here, so lets not continue this.

pannaguma

Turn The Page
balls!!!!

mother to child - 8th std is very important so study hard, after 8th

my dear child next year is 10th and ur performance depends on 9th so study harder, after 9th - my dear son 10th is the most important in your life ur career depends on 10th, diploma/12th - u will be going in the outside world u have to prove urself study hard, after diploma/12th engg - this is the most important step (if ur parents feel like ur not going study furhter) then the job thing else - u can do anything u want after engg blah blah

then comes masters/mba .... wtf
nagging parents will push their children even to study hard in the 2 nd grade.........
thats not the point.....
what i meant is u have to study just one-two years to join a good engg/medical college. pg or mba is needed only to improve ur net worth.......

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude ur wrong there too .... we got to give our own engg exams then there are entrace exams and what not ... so its not only engg anymore

forget that, yesterday TOI - kota a place somewhere has classes for iit entrance exam, now these classes (2 were mentioned in the paper) have their own entrance exam to select which students they will coach ... i mean wtf is this .... societal pressures are getting beyond a limit and then add to this the reservation issue the middle class student is having the worst time of life

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Hyderabad has one such coaching centre.
Ramaiah Coaching Center. He has a entrance which selects people to be coached.
The Ironic part is, there are institutes that coach folks for that Entrance.

But, the Ramaiah Coaching Center is very successful, cant say if its coz of the policies though.

Personally though, I dont think a good college makes a lot of difference if you are interested in learning.
I did my engg in a college that started the year before I joined it.

And I ended up in the same room as the guy from BITS the day i reported to Office :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@gx
please don't torture now and than, here and their :D Except this everything looks fine.

live and let the lingo live :)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
As sometime earlier pointed out, this thread is indeed dying..........
and that is why the politicians get away because they know all opposition from the general public and especially the middle class is gonna last for a few weeks and then all our gonna go back to their work/books/kitchens and thats that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom