Meddling the Middle Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@slugger
Dude! You've missed the whole point and you are SO WRONG! You've spoken as if all the SC/ST/OBC "categorised" ppl are the poorest of the poor! Not all SC/ST/OBC "categoried" ppl are poor and NOT all poor people are SC/ST/OBC "categorised"!!!

slugger

Banned
@infra_red
d00d, in each and every post i've made in this thread, every time i've mentioned a reservation student, i've alwyas added the adjective economically poor or something to that effect

at no point of time have i been arguing for resrvation for all OBC/SC/ST student (i always mention exclusion of creamy layer of the OBC as a good thing that has happened)

whereas you all are against reservations of any sorts, economic condition notwithstanding

we ourselves let our displeasure known when the son of a well-off kid uses his caste to seek admission

well i have started operating under highly rationed Internet hours till mid-june. wouldn't want to spend it any more discussing social issues and justifying/explaining decisions which were not made by me

Cheers :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@infra_red
whereas you all are against reservations of any sorts, economic condition notwithstanding
You need to read all my posts again. I've advocated reservation for economically poor families. All of us are asking this Q: If we can haf reservations for SC/ST/OBCs then why not economically poor people?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
if ur having reservation make sure that the one's who come from the merit route do not suffer and the people who are getting reservation actually need it, 50% seats in an institute are reserved is detrimental to the quality of students that will pass from and enroll into the institute rsulting into fall in education standards

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Definitely the standards are lowered. A student from reserved category gets admission scoring 55-60% while a general student is unable even if he gets 75%. Already there is shortage of good teachers and the government is increasing number of seats to ensure a healthy vote bank by increasing reservation. Though there should be a periodic review of reserved castes, but the government hardly bothers to do so

legolas

Padawan
.... and majority becomes minority
minority becomes majority
and we start singing "what goes around goes around comes all the way back around" :D

ajit456

Broken In
yeah exactly....eariler if it was lyk
FC>BC>MBC>SC>ST
Now instead of solving the problem, they have found a temporary solution by reversing the order FC<BC<MBC<SC<ST...yea, in future this will b da case....
The real solution is to make the reservation policy based on economical status .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom