Maximum capacity of Cds

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well the image file is in ISo form try to load it in Nero , or Alcohol .....
resently i burnt a VCD with files of 854 MB...nero can remove the grabage contents in these files........

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
U ALL HAVE GOT IT WRONG :) :) :) A cd can hold more than 700 mb bcoz.....(I am not speaking of the 800MB cd) Actually
1KB=1024bytes
1MB=1024KB
1GB=1024 MB and so on.........

For simplicity they take::
1KB=1000bytes
1MB=1000KB and so on
The 24 bytes or KB is skipped alway
Calculate how much MB they have ignored.....

Disclaimer:::
Well I am Note sure of this answer. I AM NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!!!

Ankur

Right off the assembly line
hi all,

cds generally i hav seen of 700MB only of most brands. i've downloaded isos nearly 800MB from the net, so was wondering if it was meant for cd or dvd. now i know the concept of overburning, so i understood hw to burn it on cd.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
DONT OVERBURN CD'S
they spoil the lens of ur writer
even thos 800 mb 90 min cds are so because they need overburning
once maybe 2ce ... dont make it a habit

I can't understand how it will spoil my drives lens

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
QwertyManiac said:
use the overburn feature or get an 800 MB cd :)
Nah.. DAT files dont need to be overburned.. VCD'd and Audio CD's are taken by time.. (A 700 MB cd is 80 minutes..) So it doesnt matter how big the file is, as long as you are making a VCD (and the file is in VCD format).. Generally DAT file wont exceed 760 mb for 80 mins..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Umm.. I didnt refer to DAT files, I was reffering to ISOs :D the person above sujith ;)

Thnx for the info tho.. didnt know that :p

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
oh well can sumone xplain to me how my 700mb moser baer cd which has office 2003 in it has 1GB of data in it??
it is compressed or wat???

Kniwor

Learner
Well.....
i think CD's can be any capacity(well be logical here....it cant obviously be a TB ) ..... when CD's are procuced in large scale... cant remember the exact term... these are called pressed CD's or something...

now if they fit in too much of DATA...say 1000Mb.... well many CD roms might not be able to read them... it depends on a particular CDrom also...

but 800-850 Mb cd's are easily available.... if anyone purchased the CD of Hazaar Khwahishen Aisi....
it was 820Mb.... i got it... so no big deal...

but this is what is my personal thoughts.... might very well be wrong....
so dont quote

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
QwertyManiac said:
Umm.. I didnt refer to DAT files, I was reffering to ISOs :D the person above sujith ;)

Thnx for the info tho.. didnt know that :p

Oops.. quoted the wrong person.. My bad! :p

vutonium

Broken In
theraven said:
DONT OVERBURN CD'S
they spoil the lens of ur writer
even thos 800 mb 90 min cds are so because they need overburning
once maybe 2ce ... dont make it a habit

How does overburning spoin the lens of a CD RW drive? Could you please elaborate?

Kniwor

Learner
vutonium said:
How does overburning spoin the lens of a CD RW drive? Could you please elaborate?

have u not read the message that nero gives when u try to alter the overburn settings...

that is not an elaboration though.... just a proof that he's right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom