simoncherian

Broken In
what exactly is the maximum capacity of a cd
i am asking this coz i downloaded a couple of
image file of about 778 mb and was wondering
whether there were cds of capacity >than 700mb

subhro

Right off the assembly line
As far as I know its 700M. The ISOs you have downloaded has some hidden garbage which will make all writing softwares prevent it to be written on a disc. Use some software like CDRwin *www.goldenhawk.com to get that image written on a 700M disc

Subhro

theraven

Technomancer
if its a cd image file it will fit on a cd
so just go ahead and try it
if its not gonna fit ur software will warn u anyways so no problems there

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
I had burned upto 775 MB of mp3s on an amkette disc. Well, actually, i overburned it, thae actual capacity was 700 MB but the disc company claims that we can overburn upto 800 mb(90 mins). And it worked!!
Why dont u try that(if u want to burn the only the .iso file)

G

simoncherian said:
what exactly is the maximum capacity of a cd i am asking this coz i downloaded a couple of image file of about 778 mb and was wondering whether there were cds of capacity >than 700mb

I have seen advertisements of 800mb CDR's - if I am not mistaken these were made by Sprint.

If they are image files you could resize them to fit 700mb. You could use a software like Photshop to reduce the size a wee bit smaller and it would probably make them around 700mb each.

totalnut2001

Right off the assembly line
itch said:
If they are image files you could resize them to fit 700mb. You could use a software like Photshop to reduce the size a wee bit smaller and it would probably make them around 700mb each.

I think He meant Images of CD not not photos.

So no use using Photoshop.

theraven

Technomancer
DONT OVERBURN CD'S
they spoil the lens of ur writer
even thos 800 mb 90 min cds are so because they need overburning
once maybe 2ce ... dont make it a habit

G

totalnut2001 said:
I think He meant Images of CD not not photos.

So no use using Photoshop.

ooops ... my bad :oops: .... I thought he meant images like in Pictures ... I suppose he means ISO's

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
Why??? saying enuff man that was a info for me if it was not for u just shut up! dont teece others and newbies!

senthilrek

Broken In
Even recently Moser Baer have introduced 750MB & 800MB CD & CDRW medias. as said by theraven overburning is nothing but digging your oqn pit for your CD writer.

theraven

Technomancer
xenkatesh thanx for slippin up mate ...
1) ur avatar is too big so thats gonna cause it to be censored
2) u are absolutely rude
3) u dont know forum etiquettes neither do u use rules
u dont resurrect dead threads like these .... and they are realy old ...
watch ur self here m8 if u wanna stay ...stick by the rules

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
Theraven

thats enough of teasing me just stop it! this might be old for u but not for me u first understand that. thats what im saying u! i know all the rules of this even before i read this first u only started teasing me first .Got it! thats all enough lets be cooll take it easy! i forgot all these ok!

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
TheRaven is correct .. Please abide by the rules.. If you dont have anything to say then PLEASE dont post "Oh nice info " "Hey cool stuff" and things like that ..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Hey is this thread turning into a heated Arguement Lol..... :D come on Xenkatesh foget all these stuff and plzz try what the rules tell ya and as Batty told ya plzz take it as a simple Sign of concern to forums rules....in other words just chill for a while......we are all friends here and are not tryin to burn out each other....hey what am i doin now goin outta the topic Lol.....So Btw yes The Cd's are of 700Mb atleast thats what the normal discs are available right now but had heard of some 1 Gb disc not sure.....plus iso image files are randomly compressed dump file images so it rather turns out to be slightly more than the standard disc size...try extracting the files and then try ditributing them in 2 Disc's....that might help mate... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom