Max Payne 3

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely. This is a very polished game, just like the previous ones. You may or may not enjoy it, but there's no denying the quality.

And relatively bug-free too, at a time when we are getting used to zero-day patches and all.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Definitely. This is a very polished game, just like the previous ones. You may or may not enjoy it, but there's no denying the quality.

And relatively bug-free too, at a time when we are getting used to zero-day patches and all.

Yeah..I m on Chapter XI & haven't got any bug or FPS issues
I m playing @1080p with High Settings

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is very true .. I've completed the whole game ( SP campaign ) and did not face any bugs .

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The game works very good even on my tired 9500Gt. At 1024x768 can play with everything maxed out at 30 fps. Cannot play above that resolution as its max supported by my monitor.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
If any game is bug-free gamers feel good while playing & give it a good rating...
Rockstar did a gr8 job in MP3 after so many years of MP2

gameranand

Living to Play
It wasn't just bug free but it was actually a big leap from MP2. Games don't just have to be good but the gameplay, story, graphics and all many things matter for a good or bad rating.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reached the stadium mission and killed the Sniper. Game is getting interesting but story feels a huge let down to what original Max Payne games are.
Everything except story is truly mind blowing.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Story is not that bad, but too much flashbacks and cut-scenes make it hard to follow at certain times.

You cannot live under the shadow of the murder of your wife and child forever though. This edition has helped Max move out of it. Hope MP4 would be even better.

nginx

In the zone
Best game I have ever played apart from Saint's Row Third. Liked it so much that I have finished it twice now. I think its the gritty crime drama like story that sets Max Payne 3 apart from any other game. The gameplay mechanics are spot on too.

My only peeve with this game is that the cut scenes can't be skipped which was a major annoyance on my second time through the game on hard.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Reached the stadium mission and killed the Sniper. Game is getting interesting but story feels a huge let down to what original Max Payne games are.
Everything except story is truly mind blowing.

story is thin maybe cause MP is fighting as a bodyguard. once it start to get personal (next 2 chapter) you'll know what is actually wrong. for now keep killing bad guys.

HTBR

Broken In
How is the multiplayer scene on the PC version :-D?? Is it active?? And how much do i need to download from steam if i buy the retail version ?? My experience with steam has been :pullhair: so far

havoknation

Journeyman
How is the multiplayer scene on the PC version :-D?? Is it active?? And how much do i need to download from steam if i buy the retail version ?? My experience with steam has been :pullhair: so far

MP3 Multiplayer is amazing. I am playing it nowadays. My ID is "havoknation" .And I am not getting any lag though. Amazing missions. 1 vs 1, team vs team, crew vs crew, etc

HTBR

Broken In
MP3 Multiplayer is amazing. I am playing it nowadays. My ID is "havoknation" .And I am not getting any lag though. Amazing missions. 1 vs 1, team vs team, crew vs crew, etc

How much did you download after installing from the disk ? :p I have to upgrade my PC before i can even think of playing MP3 :lol:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Story is not that bad, but too much flashbacks and cut-scenes make it hard to follow at certain times.

You cannot live under the shadow of the murder of your wife and child forever though. This edition has helped Max move out of it. Hope MP4 would be even better.

Flashbacks? I havent got them yet. Lets see. Will keep my views about story with myself before posting till I complete.
The game is really fast paced now compared to what it was before. Not that I am complaining a little bit :)

Top Bottom