Max Payne 3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Finally completed.

Right from the start when the game starts with Max Payne (in his room) is excellent.
background music is also superb & not to forget the menu with random Max Payne avatars.

The most important is Graphics which gets a 9.5/10.
everything is designed in detail from the reflecting floors to the reflecting wall paintings glasses...
even the character detailing in cut scenes.

Some of the cut scenes feels like Mafia 2 is being played.

The heart of the game 'Bullet Time' is splendid to watch which Rockstar has improved a lot and the old pain killers.
introducing the new 'Bullet Cam' is also innovative (indeed I like slow motion)

Each and every level is detailed to a maximum extent.

A.I is also impressive...where enemies detect you if you point the gun on any one of them.

I wonder how much of dialogue scripts is written for it.Each & every step Max murmurs a dialogue (which sounds good though).

Story is not at all related with its predecessors,giving it a unique feel.But I think the new Max look after 12yrs is really a gr8 job done here.

I played it on normal difficulty but still felt like some parts were really challenging to complete where I had to reload 2~4 times.

The only annoying thing I found is the target point of the gun...which some times difficult to spot specially when taking aim from a cover.

Action is new to this game when from a free fall or sliding tables which is totally like COD type...

overall its an awesome game with new features and a must play to all MP fans

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the game is absolutely amazing but talking about aiming guns - they are OK for me but the laser guns absolutely sucks, painkillers ain't easily available and once you restart from a checkpoint your health will be reset to 100% which is a little unrealistic and if they have added subtitles for brazilian language conversation that would have been a nice addition.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ the game is absolutely amazing but talking about aiming guns - they are OK for me but the laser guns absolutely sucks, painkillers ain't easily available and once you restart from a checkpoint your health will be reset to 100% which is a little unrealistic and if they have added subtitles for brazilian language conversation that would have been a nice addition.

Oh yeah..which language they speak.Is is Portuguese?

and also the Highlight of some words (in big fonts) in dialogues looks cool.... :cool:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ the game is absolutely amazing but talking about aiming guns - they are OK for me but the laser guns absolutely sucks.

true. i thought laser guns will be easy to handle. instead it is better to pick a silenced SMG.

painkillers ain't easily available and once you restart from a checkpoint your health will be reset to 100% which is a little unrealistic

also its not fun cause now you can dive into a group of enemies without worrying about getting killed cause of low health. but yes, painkillers are a bit hard to find but i never seem to run out of them except in the stadium mission (learning curve) and once you exit the strip club after meeting diSilva for the first time. a lot of enemies there use motolov which renders cover useless and the have better cover than max shooting from top, middle, bottom building as well as back and front. passed the level after 10-12 retries.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
the game is brilliant. although it doesn't feel like a max payne because it lost the noire feel. it's still a great game in its own right.
i too found it a little hard to spot the crosshair when bullet-time is activated.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh yeah..which language they speak.Is is Portuguese?

and also the Highlight of some words (in big fonts) in dialogues looks cool.... :cool:

yep, Brazilians do speak Portuguese - it's their mother tongue.

true. i thought laser guns will be easy to handle. instead it is better to pick a silenced SMG.

also its not fun cause now you can dive into a group of enemies without worrying about getting killed cause of low health. but yes, painkillers are a bit hard to find but i never seem to run out of them except in the stadium mission (learning curve) and once you exit the strip club after meeting diSilva for the first time. a lot of enemies there use motolov which renders cover useless and the have better cover than max shooting from top, middle, bottom building as well as back and front. passed the level after 10-12 retries.

the only situation when I ran out of painkiller is on the collapsing building where you have to take down a guy with MG ( and mask ) and some grueling fight with other enemies - remember the building where they ( UFE ) were conducting human parts trafficking and MNax planted C4 to destroy it - I find this level ( seond part ) to be the mnost toughest part of this game.

The best part of this game is still the boat race to rescue Fabiana - it's a little CoDish but felt very well and presented in a lot better way.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i found the C4 planting part easy. there were sufficient amount of painkillers in the armory to get you through the entire part plus some cool guns. only the latter part was hard as it was a time trial.

also liked the chase but it was tricky to hit the other boats as they take shots at you. But it was a nice addition to MP, unexpected but yes well presented.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, planting C4 was easy but the time limited second part was very tough - completed it in 3 tries though.

BTW, here's a little news for all the MP part :

*www.computerandvideogames.com/364977/max-payne-3-update-improves-cheat-protection-load-times/

gameranand

Living to Play

It was done to open the game for newcomers to the game and casual gamers.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Reached mission where Max is attacked by son of drug lord(New Jersey)
The story is somewhat picking up now..hope the overall story wont dissapoint :wink:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Lol the game's difficulty seems to rise up a level after max goes bald. I played in normal and it was okay till he had hair. once he shaved that off,the missions after that became a lot harder :p

And yes lasersight gun system got screwed up big time. it is very difficult to aim with that damn thing -_-

But this is one epic game by rockstar. :D Hope that gta5 will be the same visually and will be coded similarly and not like gta4 was -_-

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol the game's difficulty seems to rise up a level after max goes bald. I played in normal and it was okay till he had hair. once he shaved that off,the missions after that became a lot harder :p

my experience is exactly the opposite ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Ok .. nice to know you are so far the only one who played this on Hard mode ... congrats ;-)

Top Bottom