Mass Effect: Andromeda

Nerevarine

Incarnate
ME3 had pretty good characters, it was a great game infact, only ruined by the ending...

But DA:I was mediocre, the gameplay was top notch, the graphics was good but the story line didnt feel half as epic as DA:O.. DA:O also had a distinct art style, the dark spawn blood loading screens, all this was gone in DA :I..
I hope ME:A atleast retains some of that older ME feel to it ..

gameranand

Living to Play
I meant that character interaction was far less than what I expected from the last game of the trilogy. But then it wasn't a trilogy anyway. Typical Bioware.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
This looks and feels more like a stand-alone Mass Effect game not the start of a new trilogy. Story details revealed here quote the creative director as saying
"At the end of this, we want it to feel like a story was completed,"
I really enjoyed playing all 3 games and as much as i was hyped for the this one when it was announced, my hype has toned down a bit now. The reveal also says the Andromeda Initiative was established during the events of ME2 and I assume launched when the Reapers attacked, so the outcome of ME3 doesn't really matter here. Also seems there will be no NPCs from the previous games.
But i am more disappointed at there being no class system in this. you pretty much play as a Sentinel with a mix and match of skills. I am gonna wait for some official game-play to comment more on this.
The story ended for me with the ME3 destroy ending (with the extended cut, other 3 endings still being crappy), i am still gonna play this one. The characters, story and the world created in the original 3 was something that i loved and made it the best franchise i have ever played.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The story ended for me with the ME3 destroy ending (with the extended cut, other 3 endings still being crappy), i am still gonna play this one. The characters, story and the world created in the original 3 was something that i loved and made it the best franchise i have ever played.
Absolutely agree

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Some more details poping up from the Game Informer December cover for ME:A here

Backstory
-Around 2185, at the height of galactic progress, unaware of the impending Reaper invasion (though after Sovereign), several species band together for the "Andromeda Initiative"
-4 Arks, each carrying a different race, are built, housing thousands of individuals to chart a course to Andromeda
"Founded in 2176 and launched in 2185, the Andromeda Initiative is a civilian, multi-species project created to send scientists, explorers and colonists on a one-way trip to settle in the Andromeda Galaxy. With powerful benefactors lending their support, the program has grown substantially in scope since its inception. The Initiative’s ultimate goal is to establish a permanent presence on the seemingly resource-rich frontier of Andromeda, and eventually create a reliable route between it and the Milky Way Galaxy."

Some important details
-The (much improved) Mako of ME1, the loyalty missions of ME2, the multiplayer of ME3
-Global cooldowns are now replaced by individual timers
-Turians are confirmed in the game
-Class system is gone; instead you have full access to abilities from all classes, you can mix and match skills from tech, soldier or biotics
-There are no loading screens as you move through the ship, a seamless experience from picking a planet to walking down to your cargo hold, hopping into the Nomad and landing on a planet. There is a landing sequence and you get off the ship and instantly popping up on the surface of a planet.
-On planets, one of your priorities is to scout for drop zones for your crew that drop "forward stations" that establishes a foothold for you
-Multiplayer is more evolved and refined form of ME3
-No more Paragon/Renegade system
-Many familiar weapons return, as well as new melee options like swords and hammers

gameranand

Living to Play
I'll play this game just for the gameplay and $hit. I already know that story will be low on my standards.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz

Hope this is not the final product, those facial animations need some serious work

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the video isnt even 60fps

- - - Updated - - -

daaaamn the facial animations are like true sh!t

- - - Updated - - -

and the guy whos playing has really crap quality aiming skills

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I hope everything will be sorted out before it is released.

I dont care about facial animations.

The combat system got revamped.
It needs to play 60fps without lag is what I want. Thats all.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That with some close servers for mp. ME3 MP is still so much fun!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

True, true, true,

But don't you agree this somewhat looks like the no man's sky we all deserved?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
The main Bioware writers left before the launch of Mass Effect 3. Not expecting much from this game.
It's one of them bioware IPs that have always netted them a lot of money, even after years of release of base game. People buy dlc on less discount even after so many years just because the genre is so good.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
That with some close servers for mp. ME3 MP is still so much fun!

I have never played ME3 MP.

True, true, true,

But don't you agree this somewhat looks like the no man's sky we all deserved?

You know i actually agree with you on that. It did give me the feel of a NMS when they showed the interstellar travel and planets clip in the video.

- - - Updated - - -

It's one of them bioware IPs that have always netted them a lot of money, even after years of release of base game. People buy dlc on less discount even after so many years just because the genre is so good.

Thats like classic EA. The worst fookin company in the universe.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA Gameplay Walkthrough And ALL Trailers So Far 2017 (PS4 Pro/XBOX ONE/PC) - YouTube

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Top Bottom