varunb

Working in an IT company
I hope they shed some light early on on that CERBERUS.

"Regardless of how you finished ME2, Cerberus are now your enemy and are throwing their black and yellow-clad commandos at Shepard for reasons he'll discover later in the game when, as Bioware confirm then Illusive Man
returns"

"You were begrudgingly working for Cerberus in ME2" Explains Casey Hudson, "but they've gone a bit further and Shepard has returned to the Alliance so Cerberus troops are a major threat". Shepard is unsure at the beginning why Cerberus is sending commandos after him, but he will discover the reason later in the game when the Illusive Man returns.

"Cerberus heavy troopers wear enormous armor, Assassins use the same Biotics as Shepard and Phantoms use blades."

Are you out of your mind ? :punch: Where's the fun in the game's story if the plot is revealed. Its better if they keep the story under wraps so that we can play & find out ourselves. :ssshhh: :sealed:

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
Are you out of your mind ? Where's the fun in the game's story if the plot is revealed. Its better if they keep the story under wraps so that we can play & find out ourselves.
Thats what I was saying.
Hey bro any news about Miranda's appearance as a full time squad member???

varunb

Working in an IT company
& I hope they dont give even the slightest hint, idea or tidbits about Cerberus. In case you haven't seen they have already given a lot info such as the troops, assassins of Cerberus. Moreover, there's this unconfirmed info that Illusive man has been indoctrinated (refer to my last info posted). If they reveal anything else, then there's nothing left in the game for us to find out.

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
Nope & I hope that Bioware doesn't reveals anything about her.
Yeah right. I just hope that she is a full time squad member. It would be fun having two ladies in my squad who were my romantic partners and listening to their chat. :))
I think the reason they are not revealing anything about Miranda is also because of Cerberus.
axes2t2 said:
I hope they shed some light early on on that CERBERUS.
We already know a lot about Cerberus from previous game and also most things about Cerberus is revealed already. The only thing that is left is why this organization is hunting the guy who they themselves bring him back from dead also there are rumours that Cerberus is now working for reapers and some other so if they reveal even a inch more about Cerberus then there will be nothing to find out. In ME3 this is one of the biggest secrets so they shouldn't reveal anything.

gameranand

Living to Play
Alright fellas here are more from the interview
Mass Effect 3 Romantic Details
PC Gamer: How are the romance options compared to previous games? In Mass Effect 1 you only had a few, and then Mass Effect 2 had loads.

Casey Hudson: It had a few more. In this one, we don’t really have new characters that are part of the romance stuff in the way that we did in Mass Effect 2, where we introduced a lot of characters. So this is more about how you, if you’re a new player, how you start these romances with the existing characters. If you’ve had relationships with previous characters, then it’s your opportunity to resolve those. And again, it’s in the context of a ‘World War II’-type setting, so you don’t really know if you’re going to survive, or what kind of a world is going to live beyond the story. So it’s kind of that situation.

But we also have some interesting things happening, where you’ve got Ashley and Kaiden from the first game, you’ve got Liara, and there’s sort of a love triangle there. And then we gave people a bunch of new characters. People said “Well, I just want my Mass Effect 1 characters, and I’m not interested in any of these characters.” But then a lot of people had romances with those characters, and now the fun is bringing back some of those characters from Mass Effect 1 and putting them back in the mix, and looking at what you did in Mass Effect 2 and bringing some… interesting scenarios around those things.

PC Gamer: It must be a nightmare, because if you think about all those combinations of who you might have started dating, stopped dating then started dating somebody else, you’ve got to figure out how they react to each other in every case…

Casey Hudson: Yep – it’s fun! (Laughs) I think sometimes when we do certain things, it makes players realise what kinds of things are possible, and then they think about a different level of meaning in terms of why they’re doing things, in terms of how the characters relate. So even something like: if you had a Mass Effect 1 romance and you didn’t have a Mass Effect 2 romance, so you stay true to the character from the first game, there’s a scene where you look at the picture of that character, and that’s essentially the romance scene in Mass Effect 2.

I think when people realised that we were thinking about that kind of thing, and that we were going to reflect those kinds of decisions, then it’s like “Wow, the game actually knows that I didn’t cheat on my Mass Effect 1 love interest. So if it knows that, then it probably knows other stuff that it will reflect. Then that means I need to think about that stuff [when] talking to characters and making decisions and the like.”

PC Gamer: So it’s all existing characters… I’m just trying to think what gay or lesbian characters that gives you. That would leave Liara?

Casey Hudson: Well yeah, it’s going to be similar to Mass Effect 1 and 2. Like I say, we’re not introducing any new characters that are going to be love interests. There’s some new characters, but generally it’s going to be the interplay between the characters from 2 and the returning ones from 1, and then Liara as the one that’s… either asexual or omnisexual, depends on how you look at it.
Source

BioWare on tactical targeting in Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3′s combat is going to be harder that either of the previous games, BioWare’s Casey Hudson tells us. You’re fighting the Reapers, vast robot gods, but they’re not the footsoldiers. They combine their technology with the species we know from the previous games, making horrible deformed cyborgs. Tom asked Casey how these differ from the troops we’re used to fighting, and how the new enemies force you to think about where you shoot.

PC Gamer: When you’re fighting the Reaper-ised version of a species, how is that different to fighting the normal versions of them?

Casey Hudson: It’s quite different, that’s where we’re putting a lot of our fun new special activities, around these new abilities that they have. So we’re giving them heavier melee stuff that they might do, or one of them is able to suck back the health of the enemies you’ve killed around it. So as you’re killing enemies next to it, your squadmates are working on this character, and it’s able to suck in the health. You start thinking about tactically, “is it better to work on this character first, or fight the guys first to get them all cleared out? Because it’s going to suck their health if I try and fight them both?”

So they have special abilities that their origin species don’t have, but it’s always kind of hinting back at what that species is good at.

PC Gamer: You guys were talking about a Reaper creature with a sac that bursts if you shoot it, and smaller creatures come out – do you have any other favourite examples of location specific damage stuff like that?

Casey Hudson: Yeah, I think two of them. One of them is the Atlas that you saw, so it’s the big kind of mech thing. The cool thing about that is obviously once you see it moving, you get more of an idea of what it’s about – it’s a massive, heavy thing that’s got a huge cannon on it. But it’s piloted by a Cerberus trooper that’s on the inside – you can actually see him in there, and if you concentrate on the little glass shield that he’s behind, if you can take that shield out. Then you can damage the guy that’s in there, and then you kill the guy and the machine’s dead. Or likewise if you kill the machine, then the guy can hop out and you fight him. So there’s some fun stuff in there in terms of fighting a machine that’s actually piloted by a guy.

And then the sac thing, that’s where the Reaper-ised Rachni has a few of these sacs on him, so as you’re fighting him – in terms of location based damage – you really don’t want to hit one of those things, because then it unleashes the little creatures that are inside that scuttle along and try and climb up you. Those are a couple of the more fun ones.
Source

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
axex2t2 said:
I haven't played the DLC's of ME 2
Then you missed something big bro. You should play each and every one of em.

BioWare used DLC to experiment with Mass Effect 3 ideas
News probes are still coming back from our trip to BioWare to see Mass Effect 3 being built. Executive producer Casey Hudson tells us that they’ve been using the Mass Effect 2 DLC we’ve been playing as prototypes for ideas they want to put into Mass Effect 3.

Fair warning: the first part of Casey’s answer is about how surprising Mass Effect 3 is, and in the second part he tells us something that happens right near the start. He also refers to some stuff that happens in the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2.

PC Gamer: What was the biggest area of improvement that you wanted to focus on in Mass Effect 3?

Casey Hudson: One thing that we’re doing is just making the entire experience feel a lot more… it’s the moment to moment unpredictability, the variability. Anything can happen. We’ve got these action moments, little micro-cutscenes and stuff that lead in and out of actual gameplay. We’ve got lots and lots of epic situations that you’re in for gameplay and combat stuff that we’ve never done before.

Some of the stuff we did in our DLC was very successful, and were in a way prototypes for what we’re doing here. So when you fought the Shadow Broker, there’s a different scenario for how you’re fighting this huge guy who’s smashing parts of the environment, and charging you, and you’re working together. Or you’re on the back of that big ship, and there’s wind. And we had the whole car chase thing in the Shadow Broker. So with some of these things we’re just kind of experimenting with stuff to broaden that envelope of gameplay that we’re doing in Mass Effect 3.

PC Gamer: So what kind of stuff in Mass Effect 3 does that relate to?

Casey Hudson: Well, without me giving away specific situations… a moment on Earth where you’re trying to get away from the Reapers. You’re on a building where the structure’s collapsed, and you’re sliding down the glass face of a skyscraper, and you roll at the bottom. It’s a moment, but you feel like you’re part of it. And these kinds of things are throughout the game: grabbing a turret and mowing down a few of the guys before you go on to the next thing.

But a lot of it is also narrative based, so in shows like Band of Brothers, the group will be fighting their way through and then they’ll meet up with a tank, and they’ll crouch along with the tank as it moves up to the next thing. So we’re doing moments like that, where we’re letting the narrative be more and more part of the combat.

Casey also told us why you shouldn’t shoot the hideous sacs on a Reaper Rachni, that Tali will return as a full time squad member, and that there’ll be no new love interests in the third game.

He’s since tweeted, though, that he’s “Happy to confirm #ME3 supports wider options for love interests incl. same-sex for m&f chars, reactive to how you interact w/them in-game.” Either something’s changed, or some familiar faces are getting bi-curious – we’ll try to find out.
Source

Skip ME3 sidequests, get "minimal" ending
Dodge Mass Effect 3's myriad sidequests and you'll be punished with an unsatisfying endgame, developer BioWare has revealed.

Mass Effect 3 to get live demo at E3 2011.
Source

gameranand

Living to Play
OK well guys some guys at IGN got their hands on Mass Effect 3 and wrote a article about the gameplay mechanics. From What I got this game has a more versatile combat system and every class has unique fighting style and you can actually use most of the powers.
Here is the Link
Source IGN

varunb

Working in an IT company
Awesome ME3 E3 Gameplay footage with Kinect & voice integration:

[YOUTUBE]6lha46UQlCc[/YOUTUBE]

Epic Mass Effect 3 E3 trailer (Shepard equipped with Awesome OMNI HAND-BLADE !!) -> March 6, 2012

[YOUTUBE]BnEej1RfqTs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

varunb

Working in an IT company
I was having a lot of trouble with my internet connection so I couldn't fix those links earlier. Anyways I have fixed them now.

Here are some more extended gameplay walkthrough videos from E3:

Part 1 -> *download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/12960/t_masseffect3_e311_extended_wt_pt1_str_hd.flv

Part 2 -> *download.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/12960/t_masseffect3_e311_extended_wt_pt2_str_hd.flv

Mass Effect 3 E3 - Mech gameplay

[YOUTUBE]UhlEAyUfmpY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I saw each and every video of ME3 from E3. Game looks awesome and I personally liked the omni blade. With it its like running and gunning in a hurry which was lacking in previous games. This is gonna be epic.

gameranand

Living to Play
Hey fellas see this pic. Uploaded by Casey Hudson. He is James Vegas a companion in Mass Effect 3
*xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/118/1182339/Mass-Effect-3-inline_1310960224.jpg

Top Bottom