gameranand

Living to Play
Wow this is great. I kinda expected something like this from Bioware after playing DA2. Nice work Bioware just ruin your games till every fan of yours turns against you.

the petitions raised $40,000 for a charity called child's play(which gives sick & terminally ill children in hospitals games,books,toys etc)
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child's_Play_(charity)
so.... it's not entirely an example of silliness what people are capable of

and coming back to the point
they're releasing a DLC called "the truth"(which will be paid mind,you) which will fix the ending and add some multiplayer crap. unless this is a rumor started by some troll
What if the rumored Mass Effect 3 'The Truth' DLC changes... | Mass Effect 3 News | GameZone
and i'm convinced that any studio that is bought up by EA sells its soul to the devil of greed
there by becoming the devil of incompetence(read Casey Hudson)
There must be some reason why i posted that.Do you think i was unaware of that fact and posted that?People who understood wont comment on that most probably.

Stop being a moron. Find better things to do than looking for in game khacha khach and trolling on forums. Harsh action awaits. Mend your ways while there is still time.
Ruin it in every possible way, EA. Thanks. :)

Post reported.Dont forget that apart from being a moderator you too are a member of this forum.I am well aware of the rule.Please watch your word.

Point any of my single post humiliating or insulting directly any member of this forum. I will quit.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
more than filing silly petitions there's something more that will hurt EA/bioware
Boycott ME 3 fill all gaming sites with bad reviews.and if you are a member of a file sharing site do what those sites do best......
when EA/bioware gets revenue losses they will know.....the wrath of the dejected fans

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
Who cares if the Reapers are destroyed, controlled or merged with (Really? Merged with? WTF??? That's insulting...) at that point. They win. All of my paragon choices and actions through 150 hours of gameplay are useless at that point. I might as well have sat down ontop of one of the bombs I was supposed to disarm on Eden Prime at the beginning of ME:1 and just opened a beer and let the damn thing go off. Because the end result would have been the same.

Last edited:

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Who cares if the Reapers are destroyed, controlled or merged with (Really? Merged with? WTF??? That's insulting...) at that point. They win. All of my paragon choices and actions through 150 hours of gameplay are useless at that point. I might as well have sat down ontop of one of the bombs I was supposed to disarm on Eden Prime at the beginning of ME:1 and just opened a beer and let the damn thing go off. Because the end result would have been the same.

Well said.. :)
I too felt the same, when I wasted my nights up-to 4 in the morning for a week and endured sleepiness at work. :|

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
after sc**wing up DA 2 and half-assing ME 3's ending(just to give thier game cheap publicity and make us buy a god-knows-if-its-true DLC) EA/bioware ranks the highest on my most hated publisher/developer list

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
hmmm.... there are some things(in me & me2 which agree to sunny's "indoctrination theory video")
here are the events/missions in ME2 which compel me to agree to the "indoctrination theory" READ IT IF YOU'VE PLAYED ME2
reaper IFF mission
when you enter the derelict reaper how come shepard did'nt get indoctrinated while an entire cerberus research team got indoctrinated

Arrival DLC
here too after dr.Amanda and her research team got exposed to "object RHO" they got indoctrinated
shepard was left in the same room where object rho was contained STILL shepard did'not get indoctrinated
:confused:
also notice that ME3 starts some time after Arrival DLC
also here is a thread that supports the "indoctrination theory"

The Escapist : Forums : Gaming Discussion : Mass Effect 3 - Is Shepard Indoctrinated?
and an article
Mass Effect 3 Ending-Hatred: 5 Reasons The Fans Are Right | GameFront

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
The reason why the ending made no sense what-so-ever was because Commander Shepard, and ultimately the player was experiencing the effects of indoctrination.

Shepard was beginning to battle the effects of indoctrination since the very beginning of the game when the Reapers touched down and began their destruction of Earth. Harbinger begins his attempts of breaking Shepard with the child you see early on playing with the airplane. Looking back at the kid you will notice that he was quite strange. For one when Shepard and Anderson were trying to find a way to reach the Normandy he was hiding in the vat. Okay, that's normal, he thinks it's a safe place to hide. However when Shepard turns around and turns back he is no longer there. There is no way the kid could of backed into the vat system without making some sort of substantial noise. Then, when Shepard escapes to the Normandy you see the kid run into the evacuation shuttle which eventually gets destroyed by the Reapers. This is another odd thing. If the kid was going to the shuttle, don't you think the marines around him would've put him on there first? They don't. In fact that they run around him like he wasn't even there in the first place, and he was the last to get on.

The reason for this is because the kid didn't exist. He was dead long before Shepard even met him in the vat. All later images of the kid was of Harbingers own doing it was messing with your Shepard's mind.

Then you begin to see more of the indoctrination through dreams. They were odd with whispers everywhere. You see the kid again, and he is running away, you follow. Once you catch up to him, he then burns up in smoke and fire. In the second dream similar both you and him burning in the fire. Signifying that your Shepard thinks that he/she will fail and humanity, and all other species are doomed. This is another trick from Harbinger. It is trying to make Shepard mentally unstable, and break his/her will.

Than the biggest attempt at Harbinger trying to control you is right around the ending. This is the part where nothing makes any sense at all. You are part of the ground troops in London, charging at Harbinger, the Reaper shoots a laser at you, and you and your two squad mates are hit. You wake up to find yourself in the same weird dream like state you've been having the past couple of days. Only this time your armor is in shambles, your bleeding horribly, your other two squad mates are nowhere to be found, you have unlimited ammo, and no matter how many times a husk hits or shoots at you it does no damage. You step into the beam of blue light that is mysteriously there, and find yourself at the citadel. For whatever reason Anderson is there instead of being where the ground troops are below along with the Invisible Man.

Ask yourself this: How in the world did they get there? Anderson has no ship to get into the Citadel, and The Illusive man couldn't possibly get in because not only did the Citadel close up, but the Reapers took it, and transported it to Earth.

After a long battle of wits you finally shoot The Invisible Man, Anderson dies, and you mysteriously get transported by a floating platform to the connection point of the Catalyst and the Citadel. You then get up to be greeted by an AI who takes the shape of the dead kid who claims to be the creator of the Reapers.

At this point your warning flags should be up and flaring. If you see the cutscene where the Catalyst and the Citadel connect, not only should Shepard be dead due to the lack of oxygen, he shouldn't even be able to stand vertically, you should be floating around in empty space, or at the very least falling. It makes no sense.
This is the stage where Harbinger makes the final attempt at getting you to succumb to indoctrination.

Harbinger who is taking the form of an AI called "Catalyst" says that the reason it created the Reapers was so they can control and stop the chaos. Chaos. That is a very important word, and should be ringing a bell. Think back to your conversation with the Reaper on the Quarian homeworld, or even Sovereign back in ME1. Whenever you asked them why do they wipe out species into extinction they had always stated that it was so they can control the "chaos".

Your Shepard asks what is the chaos it speaks of. It states that the chaos is the fact that organics will eventually be destroyed by the synthetics they create, and thus the Reapers come around every 50,000 years to wipe them out before that happens. Makes no sense right? How does it know that? What proof does it have of that? You wish that you could question that, but you can't. It then goes on to tell you that all aliens from previous cycles aren't destroyed, they simply take the form of Reapers, and that organics and synthetics can never get along. Catalyst then presents Shepard with the three choices I stated above: Destroy, Control, Symbiosis. From that point it is a matter of choosing which one to take.

The fact that 90% of the fanbase was unable to realize that Shepard was indoctrinated until it was too late was putting them in the shoes of people like Saren and the Illusive Man. The player's character was indoctrinated the whole time, and you didn't even know it.

Their anger, and sadness at the end of the game is similar to how Saren probably felt when he finally realizes that he was under control the entire time.

I feel like an idiot for not catching on to that sooner, but aleast I chose the destroy option anyway, so I'm good.

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
The reason why the ending made no sense what-so-ever was because Commander Shepard, and ultimately the player was experiencing the effects of indoctrination.

Shepard was beginning to battle the effects of indoctrination since the very beginning of the game when the Reapers touched down and began their destruction of Earth. Harbinger begins his attempts of breaking Shepard with the child you see early on playing with the airplane. Looking back at the kid you will notice that he was quite strange. For one when Shepard and Anderson were trying to find a way to reach the Normandy he was hiding in the vat. Okay, that's normal, he thinks it's a safe place to hide. However when Shepard turns around and turns back he is no longer there. There is no way the kid could of backed into the vat system without making some sort of substantial noise. Then, when Shepard escapes to the Normandy you see the kid run into the evacuation shuttle which eventually gets destroyed by the Reapers. This is another odd thing. If the kid was going to the shuttle, don't you think the marines around him would've put him on there first? They don't. In fact that they run around him like he wasn't even there in the first place, and he was the last to get on.

The reason for this is because the kid didn't exist. He was dead long before Shepard even met him in the vat. All later images of the kid was of Harbingers own doing it was messing with your Shepard's mind.

Then you begin to see more of the indoctrination through dreams. They were odd with whispers everywhere. You see the kid again, and he is running away, you follow. Once you catch up to him, he then burns up in smoke and fire. In the second dream similar both you and him burning in the fire. Signifying that your Shepard thinks that he/she will fail and humanity, and all other species are doomed. This is another trick from Harbinger. It is trying to make Shepard mentally unstable, and break his/her will.

Than the biggest attempt at Harbinger trying to control you is right around the ending. This is the part where nothing makes any sense at all. You are part of the ground troops in London, charging at Harbinger, the Reaper shoots a laser at you, and you and your two squad mates are hit. You wake up to find yourself in the same weird dream like state you've been having the past couple of days. Only this time your armor is in shambles, your bleeding horribly, your other two squad mates are nowhere to be found, you have unlimited ammo, and no matter how many times a husk hits or shoots at you it does no damage. You step into the beam of blue light that is mysteriously there, and find yourself at the citadel. For whatever reason Anderson is there instead of being where the ground troops are below along with the Invisible Man.

Ask yourself this: How in the world did they get there? Anderson has no ship to get into the Citadel, and The Illusive man couldn't possibly get in because not only did the Citadel close up, but the Reapers took it, and transported it to Earth.

After a long battle of wits you finally shoot The Invisible Man, Anderson dies, and you mysteriously get transported by a floating platform to the connection point of the Catalyst and the Citadel. You then get up to be greeted by an AI who takes the shape of the dead kid who claims to be the creator of the Reapers.

At this point your warning flags should be up and flaring. If you see the cutscene where the Catalyst and the Citadel connect, not only should Shepard be dead due to the lack of oxygen, he shouldn't even be able to stand vertically, you should be floating around in empty space, or at the very least falling. It makes no sense.
This is the stage where Harbinger makes the final attempt at getting you to succumb to indoctrination.

Harbinger who is taking the form of an AI called "Catalyst" says that the reason it created the Reapers was so they can control and stop the chaos. Chaos. That is a very important word, and should be ringing a bell. Think back to your conversation with the Reaper on the Quarian homeworld, or even Sovereign back in ME1. Whenever you asked them why do they wipe out species into extinction they had always stated that it was so they can control the "chaos".

Your Shepard asks what is the chaos it speaks of. It states that the chaos is the fact that organics will eventually be destroyed by the synthetics they create, and thus the Reapers come around every 50,000 years to wipe them out before that happens. Makes no sense right? How does it know that? What proof does it have of that? You wish that you could question that, but you can't. It then goes on to tell you that all aliens from previous cycles aren't destroyed, they simply take the form of Reapers, and that organics and synthetics can never get along. Catalyst then presents Shepard with the three choices I stated above: Destroy, Control, Symbiosis. From that point it is a matter of choosing which one to take.

The fact that 90% of the fanbase was unable to realize that Shepard was indoctrinated until it was too late was putting them in the shoes of people like Saren and the Illusive Man. The player's character was indoctrinated the whole time, and you didn't even know it.

Their anger, and sadness at the end of the game is similar to how Saren probably felt when he finally realizes that he was under control the entire time.

I feel like an idiot for not catching on to that sooner, but aleast I chose the destroy option anyway, so I'm good.

your post enlightened me.but now one question remains
what's the fate of the galaxy?
(if shepard is indoctrinated whatever decision he takes will be what the reapers want him to take .mass relays getting destroyed etc might also be a dream)
so do Reapers win? :sad:

gameranand

Living to Play
If the new DLC rumors are true, it would be good for the fans, like me. :D

If a DLC is coming this fast then it means that Bioware already made it and didn't provided with main game just to earn some money which is really is a bad thing. Its like betraying your customer.

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
The endgame scenario is Indoctrination/Manipulation from the Reapers (Harbinger) trying to force you into choosing to let the Reapers live. Shepard is not awake during the final sceens!

Choosing to control the Reapers allows them to live. Reapers win. They will still exist.

Choosing to combine organic and synthetic life: Reapers win. They will still exist.

Choosing to destroy all synthetic life: Reapers loose. Shepard lives. Reapers die.

Choosing to destroy all synthetic life option is more Renegade in appearence. Controlling the Reapers is more Paragon in appearence. The Illusive Man's choice should not be Paragon colors, just as Anderson's choice should not be Renegade.

Shepard awakes at the end of destroying Reapers. But Shepard is not awaking from the aftermath. He is awaking from either after he is hit by Harbingers lazer attack on Earth or after the scene with Anderson and the Illusive Man.

Shepard does not awake in the other 2 "endings" because you are fully indoctrinated by the choices you made to allow the Reapers to win. "Assuming Control!"

EA/Bioware not only get more $$$ for DLC for the final battle, but big props for INDOCTRINATING A LOT OF ITS OWN PLAYERS! I do not know of another gaming company that has tried to fool all of its consumers, but they look to be the first and reap all of the attention.

If a DLC is coming this fast then it means that Bioware already made it and didn't provided with main game just to earn some money which is really is a bad thing. Its like betraying your customer.

What if the rumored Mass Effect 3 'The Truth' DLC changes the ending?

What if the rumored Mass Effect 3 'The Truth' DLC changes... | Mass Effect 3 News | GameZone

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok...I've forgot where my ME2 save games were i.e. the exact folder structure. Can any one tell me what was the general folder structure for ME2??

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
your post enlightened me.but now one question remains
what's the fate of the galaxy?
(if shepard is indoctrinated whatever decision he takes will be what the reapers want him to take .mass relays getting destroyed etc might also be a dream)
so do Reapers win? :sad:

By choosing the control or synergy ending, Shepard loses his will to fight which is why he DOESN'T WAKE UP. Now, with the destroy ending, he DOES wake up because the Reapers failed in their attempts to control Shepard.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar

dude, EA bought up bioware.EA is a greedy publisher which everyone knows,bioware is now controlled by EA so,bioware is just as greedy as EA
but this DLC crap is the height of greediness :mad:
EA/bioware's marketing tactic:
make a game, shear off bits of content and sell them as Premium DLC's

SunnyGamingHD2

Fortune favors the brave
dude, EA bought up bioware.EA is a greedy publisher which everyone knows,bioware is now controlled by EA so,bioware is just as greedy as EA
but this DLC crap is the height of greediness :mad:
EA/bioware's marketing tactic:
make a game, shear off bits of content and sell them as Premium DLC's

It could, too, and EA suits could be lining their wallets, with Bioware releasing some "ME3 Endings" DLC, and those 43,000 forking over Xbox points just to see it. (And then I'd be here railing on the evil cash grab that is DLC.)

Thing is, once Bioware does that, what then? Don't like the ending to Final Fantasy 75? Don't worry, we've got a new one on the way. Wish Zelda 32 played out better? Give us two months. Can't stand the Silent Hill ending? Relax.

That's not how art works. J.K. Rowling doesn't rewrite Harry Potter, they don't re-film "The Hunger Games," Da Vinci doesn't paint over the Mona Lisa because of a few complaints. Artists stand by their work. And if Bioware — and gaming — wants to be art and not Kit Kat-disposable, it must do the same and not cheapen its work.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
It could, too, and EA suits could be lining their wallets, with Bioware releasing some "ME3 Endings" DLC, and those 43,000 forking over Xbox points just to see it. (And then I'd be here railing on the evil cash grab that is DLC.)

Thing is, once Bioware does that, what then? Don't like the ending to Final Fantasy 75? Don't worry, we've got a new one on the way. Wish Zelda 32 played out better? Give us two months. Can't stand the Silent Hill ending? Relax.

That's not how art works. J.K. Rowling doesn't rewrite Harry Potter, they don't re-film "The Hunger Games," Da Vinci doesn't paint over the Mona Lisa because of a few complaints. Artists stand by their work. And if Bioware — and gaming — wants to be art and not Kit Kat-disposable, it must do the same and not cheapen its work.

EA controls Bioware don't you know that?
from what i know :greedy:EA/bioware generally:greedy: dosen't care for Art they care for Profit and money :greedy:

Top Bottom