Man of Steel (movie) - 2013

shuhailnp

Journeyman
Watched it today !!
There are hardly any 3D effects . I liked the film but i expected too much , felt like something was missing !!!!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Man Of Steel - 8/10.

Watched the movie today at inox BBSR in 3D. Went with cilus and his office mates. :)
The flashback is shown brilliantly and way better than the 1978 movie. Things make more sense here,why krypton was destroyed and why kal-el was different from the other kryptonians.
The simple up-bringing isn't enough to justify Superman's unbiased, strong willed and incorruptible decisions. The movie has brilliantly showcased these aspects.

The fighting sequences are astounding and justify the $225 million budget. Henry Cavill has played his part meticulously and arguably is the best man to don the cape and costume.
He has the spark and genuinely showcases his talents. His portrayal of MoS matches all the aspects shown in the comic books. Miles ahead than Brandon Routh's depiction. I won't compare with Christopher Reeve coz this is a more modern day depiction of Superman along with " Truth & Justice In The American Way".

Some parts had loop holes, but the overall origins plot is highly believable. The VFX and stunt sequences are one of the best in a Hollywood Movie. Superman's strength can be judged actually, in the way those effects had been done. The sense of scale was great too.

Will post a review in movie review thread.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Just got back from Man of Steel, it wasn't IMAX(booked the tickets for tuesday for it), but on a normal local screen.

Loved it, I'd give an 8.5/10

Henry Cavill is Superman, no doubt it, I liked him better than Reeve. Cast was all great, loved Costner's performance but his death was kinda lame, it wasn't bad, but they could have done it in a better way.

The script was pretty great, and I absolutely had no problem with the pacing, which a lot of people are complaining about. Hey, Batman Begins' and TDK's pacing felt awkward too, lot of people complained about the quick cuts, but just get used to it. Humor was great, not too much like the marvel films do, but perfect for its tone.

The best part for me wasn't the Superhero aspect of it (not that it wasn't good, it was done in an extremely fresh way), but the Sci-fi aspect of it. Props to Snyder and his team for fleshing out the krypton world so well, the whole world and its technology felt very believable, absolutely loved it. You will definitely get the 'Close encounters of Third kind' kind of experience sometimes. Its all a treat for the Sci fi folks.

If Snyder is going to work on the sequel, the first thing he'll need to fix are the over the top action sequences, especially the ones starting from the world engine sequence, and Superman's fight against one of them was really weird, felt extremely disjointed. Slow it down Snyder. The smallville fight was way more enjoyable.

Over all, they started with a solid foundation for the sequels or DCU.

Fans and general audiences would love it, that doesn't mean its dumb like transformers, ignore the haters, trolls, and especially *those so called intellectuals* who just cannot keep their critic side of them shut, enjoy the movie ffs.

Going to watch it for the second time on IMAX 3D on tuesday :D

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Saw this movie today in 3D (Two scenes which are actually good. That's it. Not worth it.)

Man of Steel - 8.6/10

I loved this movie. Everything about this. There's no problem at all with acting, soundtrack and visuals. The story is something we already know maybe because we've seen or read comics of Supes' origins and all, but if you go watch it thinking you know nothing about Supes, the movie simply rocks. I'd rate the first half as 9/10 and second as 8/10. The origin story was cleverly brought out by flashbacks (like Arrow) it feels refreshing and just like any origin stories, you'll be wanting it more than what they show. Also for the first time they showed an animal in Krypton! Kudos to Snyder and his team. The Krypton absolutely looks advanced. One of the best moments in this movie.

Henry Cavill is THE best Superman, IMHO. The physique, square-jaw (and chest hairs. :D) is perfectly suited. And the suit looks incredible. Lois Lane looks best in her reporter dress in Daily Planet office (*sigh* that scene :wub:) and Perry White (Black. lawlz) lightens up the mood. Russell Crowe was amazing. Faora was the most badarse. And finally, the fight. I do think that there is more destruction than The Avengers but I don't say that there's too much action that you'll feel like "there's too much action, me eyes can't focus!", you'll more likely feel like "they could've just fought in space or something instead amongst the buildings". But the destruction is debatable because you know what happens when there's war right? "Everyone loses their minds" :)wink:), also these guys are super-strong flying(!) guys, how can there not be any destruction? Pa Kent's scene got me a bit emotional though.

I was geeking out in the second half. I had nerdgasms during:

- 'Supes rising up inside gravity beam' scene.
- World engine's sound.
- Faora's speed.
- Supes' lasers.
- this:
[youtube]rtEkqSif5IQ[/youtube]

And of course, there are some really funny comedy scenes but this movie is NOT funny. Also there is an awkward dialogue b/w Supes and Lois when they kiss (<- ain't no spoiler, y'all knew it coming. BTW it made me sad.) Yeah, we needed a bit more of Clark and his time spent in farmhouse. Overall, a very good movie. If you're a fan I'm sure you'll rate it 9/10 'cause there's no problem in it at all if you've read some Action Comics. It's like the comic panels have come to life.

Hans Zimmer is God. Period.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Henry Cavill is Superman, no doubt it, I liked him better than Reeve. Cast was all great, loved Costner's performance but his death was kinda lame, it wasn't bad, but they could have done it in a better way.

Same here. It was pretty lame. There could have been a more better with a more believable sequence.

Fans and general audiences would love it, that doesn't mean its dumb like transformers, ignore the haters, trolls, and especially *those so called intellectuals* who just cannot keep their critic side of them shut, enjoy the movie ffs.

Absolutely. There's not much to hate about the movie. The depiction of Superman here is just perfect. Believe it or not, i watched a 3d movie in the theater for the first time. :p
The "Gravity" trailer was promising, especially the 3d effects.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
The movie can get extremely emotional at times, I was in tears in one of the Pa Kent and little clark scenes.

This line, just wow...
"Somewhere out there you have another father. He sent you here for a reason..."

And btw, I think they have the Justice League in their hands already, except for a good story and script. They nailed everything perfectly. Flight for Sups, GL, Martian manhunter, probably wonder woman though she better stick with the super jumps. Faora's speed for Flash ofcourse, it was done extremely well.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
watched it in 3d & my rating for this movie is:7.0
i didn't like the part about lois lane & i missed the classic lois lane,clark kent & superman relationship.i also didn't like the climax of superman & zod fight.frankly speaking i regret spending Rs.270 on this movie when i had spent Rs.200 on Avengers(3d) last year.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
watched it in 3d & my rating for this movie is:7.0
i didn't like the part about lois lane & i missed the classic lois lane,clark kent & superman relationship.i also didn't like the climax of superman & zod fight.frankly speaking i regret spending Rs.270 on this movie when i had spent Rs.200 on Avengers(3d) last year.

Appreciate your opinion, but seriously, that's what you missed? Ugh...the 70's concept of a woman, pulitzer winner, a proactive and smart reporter, BUT...doesn't recognize Clark on glasses :facepalm:, and friendzones him like a bi-tch. Okay :|
Not that you shouldn't like the concept, but its a terrible idea for a movie of 2013, look what happened to Superman Returns, it just doesn't work.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if i want reality i will see documentary but not in a movie with main character powerful enough to move planets by absorbing yellow sun's light.this is why i don't like such reboots trying to modify original storyline to suit modern tastes.most people don't complain about over-sexed female characters in video games so why complain about lois lane's inability to distinguish clark & superman.btw superman returns was a failure on many other accounts & not because of this reason.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
if i want reality i will see documentary but not in a movie with main character powerful enough to move planets by absorbing yellow sun's light.this is why i don't like such reboots trying to modify original storyline to suit modern tastes.most people don't complain about over-sexed female characters in video games so why complain about lois lane's inability to distinguish clark & superman.

That's some weird logic, nevermind.

btw superman returns was a failure on many other accounts & not because of this reason.

Yup, and one of those accounts, was the lois and clark relationship. I mean, Sups banged her, they have a son, and she doesn't remember any of that...reason? the Amnesia kiss, and then there's the time reversal by going around the earth..these kind of silly logics are the reason I believe Donner's movies must be forgotten and left the way they are rather than carrying them on into the new movies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom